Used FZ6's... what to look for?

KindredGhost

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey again fellas...

So, before I begin, I just wanted to say thanks for the input in my previous post. It's pretty damn cool, and "totally" appreciated.

Anyway, I'm beginning my search for used fz6's. Do I need to look for anything in particular when purchasing used as far as factory defects are concerned? (When I bought my vtr, I had to be on the look out for failing chain cam tensioner's, and older regulator rectifiers.)

Either way, you get the drift. Any pointers?

Thanks again,
KG

steering head bearings.

and recalled TPS replacement those are all I know of with our bike.

lock nut washer on the counter shaft was another "recall" but I think that was corrected by 2006 but I'm not positive...either way, it's free to get fixed and you can view the notice to determine if your bike is effected.

if I were you, I would totally buy a used 2007+ since there were so many improvements made including correction of some of the previously mentioned problems.

lock nut washer on the counter shaft was another "recall" but I think that was corrected by 2006 but I'm not positive...either way, it's free to get fixed and you can view the notice to determine if your bike is effected.

if I were you, I would totally buy a used 2007+ since there were so many improvements made including correction of some of the previously mentioned problems.

^^^^ yes the 07 made some big improvements.

If money's not an object!
I got an '04 & have no idea if any of these things had been done, but so far there's no problems w/mine at all.

Last edited:
Back