Used Bike For Son:

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
Looking at a 2007 Ninja 250 R. It has 2500 miles on it. It seems to have plenty of power and sounds nice, (and quiet). Any feedback/advice from friends here? (Still haggling on price)

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site
Looking at a 2007 Ninja 250 R. It has 2500 miles on it. It seems to have plenty of power and sounds nice, (and quiet). Any feedback/advice from friends here? (Still haggling on price)

I bought a 2007 Ninja 250 as my first bike, and have actually recently purchased another 2007 Ninja 250 for the wife.

They are pretty bulletproof bikes and both of ours have never had any real problems other than regular maintenance type things (had to replace battery on hers and the rear tire needed replacing when we bought hers, my gear shift lever came off because I didn't tighten the bolt good enough), but other than that they've been excellent. A little cold natured, but both motors still run like a top.

Hers has about 10000 miles, mine had 5000 miles when I sold it. She is still riding hers and it runs beautifully. It needs to have the rear brake checked out, since it doesn't seem to be working properly, but I really feel like it's something as easy as bleeding the brakes. I don't have the space or the means to do it, or I'd do it myself.

Basically, I can personally attest to these bikes being good bikes, and I've never had any big problems with either bike.

Just for reference sake, we bought the wife's bike with 9xxx miles for $1400 from dealer. That was a few months ago.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had one for a year. Great great bike. Very fun, plenty of power, light and low.
The only thing I was wishing for was fuel injection, but really no biggie. Go for it.

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
great little bikes and they re-sell super fast!! I found two today in the back of the storage building at work today i'm gonna pick up both for a $1,000 clean em up change all the fluids make adjustments and sell em for $1,500 a peice....that is if the are in the condition that was described to me...I could only see the tail section of the their buried under a bunch of floor mats and boxes of junk.. :BLAA:

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
I had one for a year. Great great bike. Very fun, plenty of power, light and low.
The only thing I was wishing for was fuel injection, but really no biggie. Go for it.

We get the injected version :Flip: :D
Seem to be a good little bike.the only gripe I've read about,is the moody OE tyres.Made in Taiwan and the quality control is first rate.

Really isn't any other 250 to compare it to here,since the demise of the smokers,like the RGV250,KR1S and Aprilia RS250 (Christ, what a rocket that little bike was!)

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My son had the previous generation Ninja 250 and when he got his CBR600rr he still liked riding the Ninja 250 to work better. Good bike!

bane

Boss
Reaction score
Visit site
As for my impression, the bike is soo ugly looking, like they made him in '80.. but for your needs ... bike provides easy-handling agility, a lightweight presence, it delivers smooth, predictable power that’s perfect for new bikers..

so if you don’t mind a look :banghead:... go for it ;)

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
.. like they made him in '80..

That's because it WAS made in the 80's :D
Looks-wise, there is no difference between 1988 and 2007.
And as was mentioned, the stock tires are the only real weak point. They're perfectly OK, but they do not inspire confidence and they lose grip easily on cold days.