Used '06 or New?

Hi BBW, I would also go with the 06 model (mine is 05) for all the aforesaid reasons.
I would also add that Red is always the faster color by a neck over blue!:rockon:
(Mine's actually blue/black).
You will also find the performance is more than adequate - it is after all a mildly de-tuned R6 engine - and can really shift.
I had a seriously brown trouser ride on mine when the previous owner took it for one last ride with me on pillion. I don't know how he kept the front wheel down through the first 3 gears!!!:eek:
I can't see it would be a problem touring 2 up even.
Best of luck!!:thumbup:

Thanks for all the input.

After much hemming and hawing I decided that for the price these things are going for I was going to play it safe and buy new.

I poked around online and found a handful of new ones that I could get for about $5800, including the cost of shipping to VT. They were all black though. I guess black is a less popular color?

Anyway, I used that number to talk the local guy down from the $6800 he originally quoted. Got him down to $6250, which I figured was good enough. His is that blue/purple color, which I like more than the black. And this way I don't have to hassle with shipping, a trip to the DMV, or any of that stuff.

Now I just have to wait for all this freakin' white stuff to go away!!!

The other thing I bought today is a new snow shovel, so I'm not sure why I'm worrying about motorcycles right now anyway . . .

Ben

Well congrats on the new bike! You'll have a boatload of fun on it. Also, trust me when I say you will grow to love this forum. There is such a wealth of knowledge and great people here who are more than happy to help. So :welcome: to the forum.

Nice one Ben. I'm sure you'll be happy with your new purchase............ those black ones are cheaper because they're slower!

Congratulations Ben. I don't remember welcoming you so :welcome:!!
It'll be riding time before you know it!

Well, having just gone and fozen my butt on the ski slopes at about 8 fahrenheit this evening I have to admit that spring riding feels like years away. But I suppose it will be here soon, even up here in the frozen north!

But at least now I'll be able to go out to the garage, pull the cover off and just look at it.

I don't actually even get to take it home for a few weeks. The dealer has it in a crate somewhere and hasn't prepped it yet. Being has how it was 8 degrees today I'm not riding him too hard to get it ready for me. March 15th is my earliest ever riding date up here. So six weeks minimum to go.

Ben

And don't you guys dare get me started on making all sorts of mods to this thing. My friends already have a saying; "a Ben and his money are easily parted . . ."

I think you made the right decision buying NEW. Just because a bike looks cherry doesn't mean it hasn't been abused or neglected. I've only bought one used bike and it was not a good choice. When it is new you know the history on how it was broken in and maintained.

And don't you guys dare get me started on making all sorts of mods to this thing. My friends already have a saying; "a Ben and his money are easily parted . . ."

lol we have something in common:thumbup: congrats on the purchase..dont fret too much about riding time it i ll be there in no time and you ll have plenty of time to enjoy it

OH COME ON WHERE'S THE FUN IN THAT??
At the very least you have to do a fender eliminator kit and a ......................... :D

Thanks for all the input.

After much hemming and hawing I decided that for the price these things are going for I was going to play it safe and buy new.

Great decision. Now you can treat it right, right from the beginning and never worry about what may have happened before you got it. You also get the warranty.

I poked around online and found a handful of new ones that I could get for about $5800, including the cost of shipping to VT. They were all black though. I guess black is a less popular color?

Anyway, I used that number to talk the local guy down from the $6800 he originally quoted. Got him down to $6250, which I figured was good enough. His is that blue/purple color, which I like more than the black. And this way I don't have to hassle with shipping, a trip to the DMV, or any of that stuff.

Sounds like a pretty good deal. Peace of mind and avoiding hassles is worth something.

Now I just have to wait for all this freakin' white stuff to go away!!!

The other thing I bought today is a new snow shovel, so I'm not sure why I'm worrying about motorcycles right now anyway . . .

Ben

That's one of the pleasures of owning a motorcycle, it gives you something to look forward to all winter.

Back