Unofficial FZ6 Compatibility Chart.

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
Anybody have updates? I admit I haven't kept up in while but hopefully there isn't too much that is out of date. And now that the model has been EOL, it would be nice to get stuff updated.

ecudoc

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone know if an R1 gear shift lever will fit our FZ6? I can't seem to find it on the forum and figured this may be the best thread to ask this question.

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
Hard to say. I'd say that if you can get a pair of rearsets with it, it's worth a shot. Otherwise, it looks like it would be incompatible with a FZ6 lever mount point.

ecudoc

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry it took so long responding, I was in the barn changing the spark plugs :D
And eating..lol

But If i remember correctly, the lever fits a 99-05 r1.. It's soo cheap, I may just order and see.

ecudoc

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm just looking to black all of the levers, rider pegs, passenger pegs and what not out. The levers i am looking at are black, but do you think simply removing and painting would work, or powder coating?

Thanks for the help BTW:rockon:

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm just looking to black all of the levers, rider pegs, passenger pegs and what not out. The levers i am looking at are black, but do you think simply removing and painting would work, or powder coating?

Thanks for the help BTW:rockon:

Powder coating (or anondizing for ALU) is the way to go.

kawwikid

Reaction score
Visit site
Can the R6s calibers be used on a 2006 FZ6? I tried to use the link on the mods list and it says it cant find the site. What the deal with the fender tap? Thanks

Sean

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
Can the R6s calibers be used on a 2006 FZ6? I tried to use the link on the mods list and it says it cant find the site. What the deal with the fender tap? Thanks

Sean

03-04 R6 & 06-09 R6S calipers will work. FZ6-FZ1-R6-R6S-R1-FJR Compatibility Chart. Search for R6 Fork Mod on the other site. Fender tabs are required to mount an 04-06 FZ6 to 03-04 R6 & 06-09 R6S forks.

skodilak

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

I don't know if anybody else thinks that FZ6-06 brakes are poor but for me they definitely are!

So I decided to upgrade them to 4 piston calipers. I have a choice from 07 S2 model and 08S2 with ABS.

The 08's (ABS) are in better condition will they fit my non ABS FZ6-06 excluding the fender brackets ?

Thank you in advance!

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

I don't know if anybody else thinks that FZ6-06 brakes are poor but for me they definitely are!

So I decided to upgrade them to 4 piston calipers. I have a choice from 07 S2 model and 08S2 with ABS.

The 08's (ABS) are in better condition will they fit my non ABS FZ6-06 excluding the fender brackets ?

Thank you in advance!

Your best bet would be to try to find the microfiche for the Euro bikes and do visual comparison. I believe they are compatible but I can't say for sure and can't recall what thread might have the information you need.

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

Thank you in advance!

In all the magazine reviews I've read,the brakes always get the thumbs up.
I've never had trouble scrubbing off speed and have bust my nuts on the tank more than once,doing an emergency stoppie (my excuse) :D
Try some decent pads like EBC and some braided lines.Makes the world of difference.