Tyre wear

zackattack784

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, has anyone else had a problem with their font tyre wearing on one side?

Its common with all motorcycle tires. Let me guess, it's the left side? Think about it, whenever you turn left you're always going a further distance than when you turn right. This is the opposite for left side drive countries of course.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Never, but my front tire does wear out before my rear. Might depend on what type and brand of tire you have.

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
Its common with all motorcycle tires. Let me guess, it's the left side? Think about it, whenever you turn left you're always going a further distance than when you turn right. This is the opposite for left side drive countries of course.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Never noticed it, but this makes sens!

On top of that roundabouts are always taken clockwise and only affect the left side of your tire, if you live in an area with many of them it could play a role.

The case for almost never turning left while driving

Last edited:

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
There's also a load of other possibilities here.

Rider feels more comfortable turning left (or right), leans more or takes the turn faster maybe?

The route he takes has more turns in one direction than the other?

Highways (and most roads) are raked from center to the curb, so you'll have a slight bit more wear on the side of your tire closest to the centerline.

There's some other things, like the one armed rider, but we don't need to get into the crazies.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
There's also a load of other possibilities here.

Rider feels more comfortable turning left (or right), leans more or takes the turn faster maybe?

The route he takes has more turns in one direction than the other?

Highways (and most roads) are raked from center to the curb, so you'll have a slight bit more wear on the side of your tire closest to the centerline.

There's some other things, like the one armed rider, but we don't need to get into the crazies.

^^
Training wheel's still on the rightside? blah

Hi and Welcome to the 4'Uhm [MENTION=25662]michael j[/MENTION]

How long have you been riding?

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site

Just reminded me of a Mitch Hedberg type joke:

"I used to do drugs, I still do, but I used to, too"

"I have a problem with it wearing on one side, it wears on both sides, but it wears on one side, too"

I JET

Reaction score
Visit site

This is your answer ^^^

Down here in Australia where everything is upside down we ride on the left hand side of the road and consequently we always wear out the right hand side of the front tyre first due to the camber of the road. Roads generally camber away from the centre.

hwmVQly.jpg