Two Brothers Exhaust w/ GIVI Saddlebags -Install Question

JSFoster

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello Everyone!

I just recently purchased a 2006 FZ6 and thankfully found these forums to answer some questions I had about upgrades and modifications. This is my first post, so hopefully I can reach out and see if anyone has successfully done the following.

While looking at different aftermarket exhaust options I really fell in love with the Two Brothers sound. My only issue is that my bike currently has GIVI E21 Side Hardbags (in all black). Two Brothers unfortunately can't tell me if they would or wouldn't fit correctly (of course I understand why), so I was curious if anyone had successfully installed the M-2 Carbon Fiber canisters with the same/similar bags installed.

I have attached pictures of the exhaust and the surrounding saddlebag frame. If anyone can offer a direction to go in, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Shiny_side_up

Reaction score
Visit site
it looks like the tight spot would potentially be where the stock exhaust cover nearly touches your brackets on the sides. If you took a measurement of the "width" of the stock exhaust, I can do the same on my 2-Bros exhaust (I think it's safe to assume that my Titanium setup is the same size as the CF)

Better yet - I found my stock "cover" - widest point is just under 12.5". While hard to get an accurate measurement, from one mounting band to the other (widest 2 points on the 2-Bros exhaust) it appears to be almost exactly the same width as stock. That said, with a little bit of clever rotation of the cans or using a spacer to move the brackets in a hair, I'm pretty confident it would fit within the same width as stock (and probably without any tweaking - just covering my bases).

Since I can't tell from the pictures, is there any part of the Givi bracket going up and over the factory exhaust? (I'm guessing No, given how the muffler actually looks)

Scratch that, I'm an idiot and there's a reason I'm no good at Tetris. I just realized that the Givi bracket in your picture is near the tapered part of the exhaust cover - it's more like 11" wide at that point - definately narrower than the 2-Brothers exhaust. Unless you wanted to cut/extend that center bracket, I think you're out of luck making it fit. Sorry for the false hope last paragraph.

(I tend to like including my train of thought even when I change my mind on a post)

Last edited:

darkstofknightz

Reaction score
Visit site
The Two Brothers exhaust removes some brackets with the install, and it supplies you with a new bracket that mounts a fender eliminator which also holds the cans up. I mention this because in some of your pictures it looks like what those racks bolt too, is no longer there. This also may apply to where it mounts at the top. It might be more than a "will it fit" problem.

Here is the PDF of the two bros install, maybe it might help you shed some light on it.

http://www.twobros.com/Cust_Service/Install_Inst/005-11704x_Inst.pdf

JSFoster

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all of the quick reply's guys!

After reading the thread that Erci linked, it does appear both can be installed, with a little modification. I'll start there and see how it goes.

Thanks again! :thumbup:

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I had to space out mine where they mount at the bottom and I had to cut down where they mount at the top. There are pics on my website in the signature below.