Two Brothers Exhaust review

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
So is there any way to get this for under $700, preferably under $500?

Haa Haaa... you crack me up! ;)

If you want the Aluminum ones you can get them for $700. If you want Two Bros, you have to shell out the cash for em. Yes there are cheaper pipes available out there. I've been tempeted to buy another brand, but IMHO the Two Bros are the nicest looking and best sounding...so here I continue to wait untill I've saved up enough to get a set (hopefully Feb 08!)

I've been searching and keeping an eye on Two Bros for the FZ6 for over 2 years now and the cheapest I have ever found them is here: iMotorcycle Store - Home

(Free shipping in US, $20 to Canada!)
Prices in USD

FZ6 04-08 * Carbon $878.95
FZ6 04-08 * Aluminum Polished $698.95
FZ6 04-08 * Titanium $787.95

I've checked eBay and most online US and Canadian retialers and Imotorcyclestore has been the cheapest for Two Bros. You might be able to find a set on eBay possibly for cheaper, but then they charge a bundle for the shipping, so it's not really a deal at all.

Last edited:

Erik

Reaction score
Visit site
I paid $700 us for mine shipped. They where from the dealer. There are a couple of reason why it is so expensive for our bike and why I think its worht the price.

1. Its really two cans. The stock exhaust is not 2 cans. It looks like it but when you take it off its just one big block.

2. It includes a FE kit. Now not everyone needs one but if you where to just buy a FE kit I'm pretty sure they are around $100.

3. The warranty. I hope I never have to use it but the dealer told me that pretty much they lifetime warranty anything that defects. Like if a screw where to fall out or something like that.

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
So is there any way to get this for under $700, preferably under $500? Or if not, is there any exhaust similar to Two Brothers sound for under $500? I know a lot of people who have gotten Yoshi's, but I really liked the sound of those Two Brothers :D

Check out the Leo Vinces ;)

Sweet as candy

:Sport:

Got mine in Europe for equivelent of $650 ... I'm sure in the states they'll be cheaper

fz6.george

Reaction score
Visit site
Finally I have installed the two brothers muffler already and its sound so good to my ears. :thumbup: I noticed that the right side muffler exhausts more air than the left is that normal? :confused:

H

HavBlue

In a word, Scorpion........ Awesome!!!

Crank this up.......[nomedia]http://youtube.com/watch?v=rpHnpYm2Bys[/nomedia]

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i have the scorpions and when you are standing in the back of the bik, the right can also has less air presure as well. The one problem i have is tht there is a exhaust leak from the Y pipe where it meets the stock cat pipe. It is tight, i am tempted to tighten it more but i am affraid to strip the clamp. Is there a foil or some type of heat tape i can put to stop the leak.

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
i have the scorpions and when you are standing in the back of the bik, the right can also has less air presure as well. The one problem i have is tht there is a exhaust leak from the Y pipe where it meets the stock cat pipe. It is tight, i am tempted to tighten it more but i am affraid to strip the clamp. Is there a foil or some type of heat tape i can put to stop the leak.

Alfol tape; its basically like thick bacofoil which is sticky on one side. It'll do the job & take the heat cycling. I wouldn't like to comment on its aesthetic qualities :Sport:

Erik

Reaction score
Visit site
I noticed that the right side muffler exhausts more air than the left is that normal? :confused:

Ya mine does the same. You dont really need two canisters. The second one is there just to look good. Almost all of my exhaust comes out of the Right one if you are looking at the bike from the rear. I noticed that at first and worried about it. It has to be normal the way the pipes are set up. I guess if it get time to repack them ill switch the cans around first.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
AGAIN with this question?!?!?!

Ok, for what is hopefully the last time.......

[drum roll].... YOU DO NOT 'NEED' A PCIII IF YOU ARE JUST SWAPING OUT CANS...[end drum roll]

Save your money.

IF you did cans, eliminated the CAT and did the airbox mod and have a K&N filter, then I would look into a PCIII. If all you did was swap out pipes, it is not nesicarry to get one but if you want to burn up another $300 then go for it.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

[drum roll].... YOU DO NOT 'NEED' A PCIII IF YOU ARE JUST SWAPING OUT CANS...[end drum roll]

Save your money.

IF you did cans, eliminated the CAT and did the airbox mod and have a K&N filter, then I would look into a PCIII. If all you did was swap out pipes, it is not nesicarry to get one but if you want to burn up another $300 then go for it.

So do I need one or not???

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
Ya mine does the same. You dont really need two canisters. The second one is there just to look good. Almost all of my exhaust comes out of the Right one if you are looking at the bike from the rear. I noticed that at first and worried about it. It has to be normal the way the pipes are set up. I guess if it get time to repack them ill switch the cans around first.

Funny, all mine comes out of my left can...

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site

Save your money.

I agree that you don't "NEED" a PCIII if you have only replaced the standard OEM exhaust with Two Brothers or Scorpions. Both manufacturers state that it is not necessary to adjust anything in the fuel management system.
However...I did install a PCIII and it does make a noticeable difference.
First and foremost, it richens up the mixture pretty much right across the board at all RPM's and throttle openings, so the main difference will be that you'll use more gas. :D
Since installing the PCIII, my bike idles much smoother and has more noticeable torque at lower RPM's, particularly at 3000 to 4000 RPM.
I installed a K&N filter yesterday. If you don't want to go the $300 for a PCIII, spend the money on this excellent filter....the engine really seems to appreciate the extra air flow and the combined sound of the improved induction combined with the Scorpions is MAGIC. :thumbup:
All told, I'm very pleased with my Scorpion, PCIII and K&N filter set up.

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
My first tankful since installing the Scorpions, a PCIII and a K&N filter has resulted in a gas consumption figure of 33 mpg. That's Imperial gallons.
I would expect that figure to improve quite a bit, as most of the time I was burning this gas I rarely got beyond 2nd or 3rd gear, in a state of blissfull rapture listening to my Scorpions at 10,000+ rpm.
Now that the novelty is wearing off a bit, I will start upshifting sooner and stop behaving like a 16 year old.:Sport:

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
I installed the 2Bros carbons a couple weeks ago. I went to a smaller plate holder but retained the stock turn signals and bracket. 2 hours from start to finish, very easy install when using the stock lic. bracket, I did have to use the top part of the 2Bros lic.bracket as this is where the mufler braces bolt up.
Also instelled the 2Bros juice box (not needed but it is running good),K&N air filt and did a TBS. It did take a bit to get used to the LOUD pipes but I love em'. Great deep throaty sound and good looks.They really sing above 10K rpm. Gas millage about he same, 40+ mpg when riding at a spirited pace, ok hauling ass. Isn't that what a 6 is for?

djodja29

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi

I own 2008 FZ6 S2 for the Europian market. FZ6 for US market here is called Fazer, probably most of you know that anyway :) But does anyone knows can I put two brothers on FZ6 for the Europian market.

Thanks

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I now have a similar set up to One Track. PCIII, BMC air filter, TB Ti's, and a custom map.

Did airfilter first...small improvement in sound, and maybe a little more zip.

PCIII next, with modded OEM pipes, custom map...vast improvement, more torque through the rev range, ditto for HP (about 8hp gained after custom map). Lot smoother.

Now i have just added the pipes, and am waiting to get the bike back on the dyno, to see what will happen now i have brung the TB pipes into the mix.

Bike sounds a lot better, and seems to run a bit harder, even without retune.

:thumbup: