Two brothers and stock rear end?

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
Two brothers and stock rear end -Updated with pics

I will be installing my new exhaust in a week and wanted to keep the stock fender, signals, etc. I know it has been done but couldn't find any information on it. Anyone have any solutions?

Edit: So I did the install and it was pretty easy to keep the stock rear end without any real modifications, basically an 8" bolt. I don't recommend two seperate bolts because it might flex. See the rest of the thread for more info.

If I get around to it I will probably paint the bolt black but as you can see in the picture taken from about 8 feet away it isn't that noticeable.

necrotimus-albums-bikes-picture3063-img-1792.jpg

necrotimus-albums-bikes-picture3064-img-1793.jpg

necrotimus-albums-bikes-picture3065-img-1794.jpg

necrotimus-albums-bikes-picture3066-img-1795.jpg

necrotimus-albums-bikes-picture3067-img-1797.jpg

necrotimus-albums-bikes-picture3068-img-1799.jpg

Last edited:
Why do you want the stock stuff? Just curious...

Right now the bike is mostly used for commuting and I like the larger stock signals driving in DC's traffic as I feel they are more visible. I know I could have purchased an exhaust that did not include an after market fender eliminator but I liked the 2 bro's sound too much.

Good luck with your project mate.

I think you'll have to fabricate something (like the Leo's set-up), the 2 Bros don't come with the little stabiliser bar that goes between the cans to support the OEM fender.

You can see the bar I'm talking about in this pic...
Leo's schematic

Hope that helps.

:)

You'll have to fabricate a custom mount, or cannabalize a normal FE kit and mount the stock fender to it.

Hey Chris, here's an idea that I did with mine to incorporate the reflectors, the signal lights, and the plate light.

watermark.php

Made out of 0.1" plate aluminum, this design of mine was meant to attach to the existing TB FE.

watermark.php

I had made provision for bend stress relief points, and the plate holder is bent back 30°.

watermark.php

Here's a pic of the dry fit before I coated it with some semi-gloss metal paint.

watermark.php

Here is the final product on the bike and the 30° plate holder bend was to get away from the stock TB that made the plate hang straight down which I didn't think was pleasing to look at.

watermark.php

The undertail was tidied up with some steel wire formed to a y-shape to act as additional support to the dangling mass of plate and lights, and a raceway for the signal and plate wire harnesses. I had used the supplied plate lights that came with the TB's to mount my FE addition to the TB's but did not hook up the LED lights to power.

A hacksaw, various drill bits, a jig saw can reproduce this simply enough if a person has the patience.

These pics are in higher res in my gallery.

Good luck! :thumbup:

Last edited:
That, my man, is a stellar job. Excellent design.

Necrotimus - I have the same concern as you with the TBR signals, so I've ordered these to put on to the TBR fender eliminator. There from billetmotoparts on eBay. I'll have to post some pics of how they look once installed.

I agree with dean, bd43... brilliant job mate.
Might do something like that myself, except I'd have to make it a bit longer... Rules here state the license plate/fender must come down to 45 degrees from the rear axle.

Thanks for the design :thumbup:

:)

Thats a nice looking custom job you have there bd but unfortunately my fabricating skills only extend as far as paper airplanes so yours would be a last resort. I've got a week to come up with a solution so we shall see. I did steal one of your pictures for this drawing:

necrotimus-albums-stuff-picture2916-fender-bolts.jpg

#1 is just a support bracket for the fender? I think this would fit under the TB exhaust?

#2 and #3 are the bolts for the fender correct? What exactly is #3 bolted to? I looked at the yamaha schematics and it doesnt show.

I combined my FAZR6 FE kit (that uses stock signals and plate light) with the TB FE that comes with the pipes.

DSCF3824.JPG

Here is my write up and isntallation: http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/3068-two-brothers-carbon-fibre-exhaust-boneman.html

I still used their rear signals, but the stock plate light as their little lighted "plate bolts" are knida neat, but not very effective. You also have to wire them through the holes in the plate...so what happens if/when you need to take your plate off??

Anyways, I hope thise pics might help you in your fabrication. Good luck!

DSCF3802.JPG

DSCF3805.JPG

DSCF3810.JPG

Last edited:
Looks like he did something similar to mine - taking an existing FE kit and mating it to a cut down TB FE. Looks like he cut the signal tabs off the TB FE in the same manner I did on mine. Then I just drilled two through holes through both so I could bolt them together.

DSCF3801.JPG

You might want to order an FE kit that uses the stock signals (like the FAZR6 FE kit) and modify it to fit on the bottom of the TB FE mount. It's only aluminum, so it's pretty easy to cut, bend and work with. A simple drill and a hack saw will get you a long way!!

Last edited:
Thats a nice looking custom job you have there bd but unfortunately my fabricating skills only extend as far as paper airplanes so yours would be a last resort. I've got a week to come up with a solution so we shall see. I did steal one of your pictures for this drawing:

#1 is just a support bracket for the fender? I think this would fit under the TB exhaust?

#2 and #3 are the bolts for the fender correct? What exactly is #3 bolted to? I looked at the yamaha schematics and it doesnt show.

#1, bracket will not fit under TB exhaust without some modification. I believe you will have to notch it out somewhat to clear the back end of the canister and the raceway for the wire harnesses passes inside the support covered by a plastic cover that will need to be removed. I belive I talked about fitment in this link

The #2 bolt which sits under the fender, not the side (2 of them) attaches the fender assembly to the support bracket. The #3 bolts (2 of them on each side) attaches the fender assembly to the bottom of the stock exhaust assembly. When you remove the stock exhaust , you will need a new support at that contact point. Acros' and Leo's (I think) come with a t-bar that connects to this point. This is why TB supplied their version of a FE and new plate and signal lights cause they knew it would not be easy to re-attach the support and fender assembly to their system out of the box.

If you look closely at the undertail picture, I did not do any modification to the TB FE but simply bolted my FE addition to it.

watermark.php

Mine is certainly involved but I did it this way in case I wanted to put the original equipment back on to the bike.

There's a guy on sportbikes.net that sells a f.e. kit that uses factory stuff and I think it is compatable with 2 Bros. Go there and search FAZER6 FE kit. I've had 1 for 2 years and it is a great product. I think they still sell them on Ebay Heres a pic of mine
003.jpg

Last edited:
Did the install and kept the stock rear end... the easiest solution is to loosen number 1 in the pic below and pull down on the braket so the new exhaust will clear then re tighten once in place. Purchase an 8" bolt and pass that through number 3 in the pic below and the 2Bros supplied license plate bracket (you will have to flex it some). Thats it and works like a charm.

Back