tuning fork sticker removal?

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I used paint thinner and my thumb nail. What PITA! The decal remover sounds much better.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nope! On the '08. it's notjust a sticker, it's an embem. Why would I remove the tuning forks? I bleed Blue!!!!!!!! :D

SirIsaac

My mind is going, Dave
Reaction score
Visit site
Nope! On the '08. it's notjust a sticker, it's an embem.

It is actually an emblem that is affixed to the tank with double-sided sticky foam stuff.

Why would I remove the tuning forks? I bleed Blue!!!!!!!! :D

I don't bleed blue, but I do like the tuning fork logo. I just didn't think it looked very good on the tank, or at least that the tank looks a lot better without it. If you are reasonably careful, the tank emblem can be removed without damage, cleaned up on the back, then stuck somewhere else with a double stick tape of some kind (I got some tape from a body shop.) I put mine on my swingarm:

Last edited:

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
It is actually an emblem that is affixed to the tank with double-sided sticky foam stuff.

I don't bleed blue, but I do like the tuning fork logo. I just didn't think it looked very good on the tank, or at least that the tank looks a lot better without it. If you are reasonably careful, the tank emblem can be removed without damage, cleaned up on the back, then stuck somewhere else with a double stick tape of some kind (I got some tape from a body shop.) I put mine on my swingarm:

Is that the Yamaha rear seat cowl?

SirIsaac

My mind is going, Dave
Reaction score
Visit site
Is that the Yamaha rear seat cowl?

No, it is a "Sport Skinz" replacement seat cover from Sargent Cycle Products. $69.95 plus about $10 shipping. Links and a couple more pictures in this post. If you have any other questions about it, feel free to ask. Here's a bigger picture of the seat:

Last edited: