Tubes hanging out next to the center stand?

trougnouf

Reaction score
Visit site
I unfortunately dropped my loved FZ6 for the first time today. Aside from a broken mirror and a few scratches on the front fairing (I might just replace it with a fz6n one), I noticed three black cables (tubes) hanging down by the center stand. I think one of them is connected to the fuel tank but I didn't see anything in the owner manual about that. Is this normal? Do these cables have a purpose? I know my old Suzuki GS500e had something like that coming out of the battery in case it spilled.
I'll take a picture later if needed.
Thank you,
Benoit

same here, noticed them after doing my first oil change. freaked out, was sure i had busted something somehow. ran over to a neighbor who had a couple gixxers and he came out and diagnosed the situation. whew, i thought. they are still strange to look at even now that i know what they are. if you fill up your tank on the center stand and ride it a short distance and put it on the side stand, you will probably notice a little splash of fuel on the ground under it. so, they definitely have a purpose.

Back