Triples, Twins, That's All

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
Getting ready to hit the road and get lost next week. Not sure where I'm going yet but it will be out of Florida! Mostt than likely N. GA and TN, SC... might do the BRP all the way. Got few bags (much bigger than expected) and I need to get a tent... minimalist riding.

How do you like my R1 F rotors upgrade? 320mm of stopping madness! Went from 15 to 16mm on the master. (FZ8)

Any if you want to ride with me let me know, I'll wait for you [emoji12]

Joking here... lol

va6emu5u.jpg

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I wouldn't say no low end power. I'm 185lbs and it gets going nicely even from 3k. The top end is definitely much faster, but I can accelerate faster than cars even while keeping the revs below 4k.

A guy I used to know once bought a brand new WRX. Well, the fz6 can outrun that in a straight line, or at least keep pace. Don't ax me how I know. :thumbup:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yup, your FZ09 pulled much harder at lower RPM. FZ1 can be very quick, but you have to keep the RPMs up.. not ideal for street.

Having ridden all sorts of bikes now (including I4, I3, I2, V4 and V2), I want my next street bike to be either I3 or V2. For the track, I'll stick with I4.
IDK, Eric....you couldn't peel the smile off my face for days after riding your FZ1Blah
I think Randy said it, the FZ6 reminded him of a 2 stroke 250 dirtbike. I said, and felt the same way. I had a YZ250 and transferring to the FZ6 seemed very natural to me. The powerband is very similar. BUT, after renting a BMW R1200RT while vacationing back in CA, I kinda fell in love with the twin. For the all around riding style I have, the FZ09 just wont do. FZ1, FJR, or the FZ09 with a fairing....we'll see.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
A guy I used to know once bought a brand new WRX. Well, the fz6 can outrun that in a straight line, or at least keep pace. Don't ax me how I know. :thumbup:

My FZ6 stayed even (neither could pass each other) with a supercharged Lingerfelter Corvette (a $200,000 car) going over a two lane bridge a couple of months ago.

The FZ6 is no slouch, especially once in its power range. I agree 100% with an earlier post re power at lower RPM's vs most cars on the road. 8,000 RPM's is PLENTY to smoke 95% of the cages out there in two gears..

That 500+HP (at the very least) vette, has been the ONLY 4 wheel vehicle that EVER stayed even with me.. Did some straight line with an R6 as well. He couldn't catch up (he stayed about even in my mirror, and I couldn't pull away).

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You all covered allot of ground these past few days -

At the Tree; Torque and applied power to the ground win! But our bikes are NOT SETUP to DRAG RACE!!! Why did this drag out so long???

Drag vehicle:
Special damping rates, custom gearing, special tire compound, tire pressure = 6 PSI, transmission + final ratio keeps engine at peak tq all the way down the strip, chassis is custom for DRAG RACING!!!

If you must, fit a drag slick to your bike and try again. Its likely worth 0.25 seconds or more in the first 60 feet.

On the street:
You better look out for the modern day turbo diesel 4X4 and electric cars. Both make huge torque down low (the truck having gears to make the most of it). No they may not win the 1320 but damn straight some will get a great holeshot!! Remember electric motor make more torque from Zero RPM!

As Cliff said, not here to drag race but it is interesting to see the threads progression!

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
IDK, Eric....you couldn't peel the smile off my face for days after riding your FZ1 Blah
I think Randy said it, the FZ6 reminded him of a 2 stroke 250 dirtbike. I said, and felt the same way. I had a YZ250 and transferring to the FZ6 seemed very natural to me. The powerband is very similar. BUT, after renting a BMW R1200RT while vacationing back in CA, I kinda fell in love with the twin. For the all around riding style I have, the FZ09 just wont do. FZ1, FJR, or the FZ09 with a fairing....we'll see.

Remember Demo days? Go hop on VMax! It was entertaining! A different kind of fast seeings it can smoke the tire in any gear if you dump the clutch! lol Blah

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My FZ6 stayed even (neither could pass each other) with a supercharged Lingerfelter Corvette (a $200,000 car) going over a two lane bridge a couple of months ago.

The FZ6 is no slouch, especially once in its power range. I agree 100% with an earlier post re power at lower RPM's vs most cars on the road. 8,000 RPM's is PLENTY to smoke 95% of the cages out there in two gears..

That 500+HP (at the very least) vette, has been the ONLY 4 wheel vehicle that EVER stayed even with me.. Did some straight line with an R6 as well. He couldn't catch up (he stayed about even in my mirror, and I couldn't pull away).

Haha, it's all about that power-to-weight! You don't need much torque when you're only pushing 20-25% of the weight.

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site

But you won't look as good as a triple passing dem cars with the front wheel not even turning scott :)

Anyways, I live down a very low traveled straight rode. I have been practicing by stopping, making sure no one is on it, and launching. I can do great in B mode and hit my countryfied 1/4 mile marker at 105 in B and about 115ish in A granted I can controll the front in 2-1/2 gears lol. And I'm not a small guy.

No it's not a closed road, but the only thing that will be harmed are trees and barbed wire fences.