trans?

penguinbiker8

stuntin like my daddy
Reaction score
Visit site
so i have been having trouble lately with first gear and neutral lately. out of nowhere my trans is acting up. i would downshift into first and hear the clunk but it would go into neutral not once BUT EVERY TIME for at least 10 stoplights. then at a light i was in neutral and the bike straight up stalled. i have no idea whats going on but my clutch is acting up too. i need to get a dealer to check it or something.

edit: i know for a fact its not human error (ie. me) because my back has been PERFECT until the whole clutch thing. then it all went downhill

Last edited:

Gosling1

Take it easy Charlie. I've got an angle.
Reaction score
Visit site
Tried the cable adjustment yet? Close to time for an oil change?

Nooj

Reaction score
Visit site
Chain tension OK? That can affect gear changes. Though it sounds like the clutch isn't disengaging fully, possibly a stretched clutch cable? As Gosling says check the adjustment, if it's at the end of it's adjustment try a new cable.

penguinbiker8

stuntin like my daddy
Reaction score
Visit site
im pretty sure my trouble started when i adjusted the clutch cable. i was trying to get the right feel but now it seems like i cant get it back to normal. my chain and oil are fine. but as far as a stretched cable that sounds like its in the ball park

kerpal

Reaction score
Visit site
so i have been having trouble lately with first gear and neutral lately. out of nowhere my trans is acting up. i would downshift into first and hear the clunk but it would go into neutral not once BUT EVERY TIME for at least 10 stoplights. then at a light i was in neutral and the bike auto body part straight up stalled. i have no idea whats going on but my clutch is acting up too. i need to get a dealer to check it or something.

edit: i know for a fact its not human error (ie. me) because my back has been PERFECT until the whole clutch thing. then it all went downhill

Might be the chain tension bro...

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
im pretty sure my trouble started when i adjusted the clutch cable. i was trying to get the right feel but now it seems like i cant get it back to normal. my chain and oil are fine. but as far as a stretched cable that sounds like its in the ball park

Jeeze i thought you said you were positive that it wasn't human error?

Sounds like the adjustment is out of whack, check out the service manual, it has a very in depth analysis of how to adjust the cable. Hope this gets straightened out for you,

mr bungle

Reaction score
Visit site
How is your clutch acting up?For example,does it creep forward when you have the clutch in?Also,do you have tranny probs with gears 2 thru 6?

penguinbiker8

stuntin like my daddy
Reaction score
Visit site
haha no i adjusted the clutch and it feels like i have no clutch at all. the freeplay is alot. but yeah gears 2-6 are fine. it just feels like the clutch is too short you know? it hasnt happened since but on certain days. the thing that got me mad tho is i was just sitting there with the neutral light on and it stalled. like a delay. i havent gotten it checked out yet. but im sure its fine. i hope