Trackday! Willow Springs - Friday the 13th

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Holy crap you guys have those bikes rediculously far over! I knew John could get the bike leaned like that, but I'm really REALLY impressed you got the GSXR that far over on the first day you road it. That is a true testiment to your skills David. Amazing.:cheer:

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
The turn 3-4a-4b-5 sequence was my favorite. Scared the crap out of me when I scrapped my left toes and peg feeler on 3. 4a-4b feels like you're accelerating to launch and the dip into 5 feels like you're jumping off a cliff.

Hey Louis, I did not know you had done WS already! When did you go?

I loved 3 and 4a, but I never got 4b down perfectly... that double apex deal on 4 was just too much for me! I finally understood the proper line at the end of the day...

My favorite was turn 1 and 3...

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Holy crap you guys have those bikes rediculously far over! I knew John could get the bike leaned like that, but I'm really REALLY impressed you got the GSXR that far over on the first day you road it. That is a true testiment to your skills David. Amazing.:cheer:

Thanks Rob! I was surprised myself when I looked at the pics, my form ain't that bad! :)

The bike makes a HUGE difference though... it was made for that very application and felt VERY stable and compliant no matter what I would throw at it... the FZ or Buell obviously don't have these "race" ergos and make it harder to look good and achieve proper form... :rockon:

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
wow, here is a reminder that track or streets, our sport is dangerous and should not be taken lightly!

Turn 8 is the turn I was talking about earlier, i.e. I was going around it at 125mph when ppl were passing me at 140-150mph... crazy that this happened 2 days after we were blasting through that track.........

RIP "Pancho Spain"...

http://roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=35849

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
wow, here is a reminder that track or streets, our sport is dangerous and should not be taken lightly!

Turn 8 is the turn I was talking about earlier, i.e. I was going around it at 125mph when ppl were passing me at 140-150mph... crazy that this happened 2 days after we were blasting through that track.........

RIP "Pancho Spain"...

http://roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=35849

Yeah...the weekend I did Big Willow, they told us that the week before, an expert level rider target fixated, went straight off turn 8, through the fence, off one aquaduct ledge & head first into the other. Very sad.

scottsst

Reaction score
Visit site
I still have not figured out what is more dangerous, the track or the street. They are both very dangerous...that's for sure.
I personaly have always felt safer at the track with corner workers, other track workers , medical people at the ready . At the same time its a trade off with the speeds and other bikes on track that could take you out

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Just found a few more pics I missed the first time I looked...

check out my inside pass!!

075.jpg

076.jpg

077.jpg

078.jpg

ok, I`ll admit, I was the one getting passed on the outside and I reversed the order of the pics LOL

Last edited:

Chris

GO!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
Just found a few more pics I missed the first time I looked...

check out my inside pass!!

ok, I`ll admit, I was the one getting passed on the outside and I reversed the order of the pics LOL

LOL! That cracked me up!:rof:

A lot of nice pics :thumbup: Keep 'em coming!

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice sequence David, titled, "Blew by You" right?

LOL yeah, that's a good title for it... there were a few ppl in group B who were blowing by me in turn 2 and 8 (Loooooooooooong sweepers) early in the day... There were less and less of them as the day went by :rockon:

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
LOL yeah, that's a good title for it... there were a few ppl in group B who were blowing by me in turn 2 and 8 (Loooooooooooong sweepers) early in the day... There were less and less of them as the day went by :rockon:

Well that is the point, correct? one day you will be that guy (PWNing NOOBS) :rolleyes: