Toyota, Love them Hate them?

Toyota love hem Hate them?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Damnitsjeff

Yumma Dum Dum
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all............. I work for the Toyota Motor Manufacturing group. (Indiana TMMI) I was wondering in the latest bout for the bailouts who loves or hates Toyota? I just was wondering if people are satisfied with Toyota or if they absolutely can't stand them....... I am not trying to start any fights between the automakers :spank: I just wanna know where Toyota stands with the public crowd. Don't hold back tell me your feelings.........

Last edited:

D-Mac

Distance Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I love them, but my wife prefers Hondas (so we have 2 Hondas and I have a Yamaha:thumbup:)

My parents only buy Toyotas. They've put 300,000+ on three (a Corolla, a Camary, and a 4-runner). All were great.

I'd love to own a Prius.

damnpoor

Reaction score
Visit site
I've had one Toyota and three Hondas. I didn't notice any big difference in reliability or maintenance. I probably won't buy one for myself but I have nothing bad to say about them.

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
The wife and I had a 2002 Camry. It was a good car, but it didn't have AWD which is pretty much a necessity in my area.

No complaints with the car though.

W

wrightme43

If everyone owned a toyota or honda most autorepair shops would go out of business. They are the best two on the road.

ReblTeen84

Übernerd
Reaction score
Visit site
Love them. We have an '04 Camry and an '01 Jeep. Something breaks on the Jeep about every 6 months to a year, but the camry is bulletproof. I love my Jeep to be sure, but i'm next in line for a new car and its gonna be a 4-Runner.

cv_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
My first car was an 89 Toyota Corolla, still see that model on the road, holding up good. Now my wife has a Toyota Sienna minivan. That vehicle is a bit too fancy for its own good. The side doors slide open automatically which is darn convenient, but has been very unreliable, and fixing it ends up costing about $1000 each time. But aside from the doors, it drives as well at 100k miles as it did with 1 mile. I've had a Lexus IS300 for four years which as been basically trouble-free, although nowadays I only drive it a couple thousand miles a year - ride the Yammie any time its feasible instead of driving.

Damnitsjeff

Yumma Dum Dum
Reaction score
Visit site
My first car was an 89 Toyota Corolla, still see that model on the road, holding up good. Now my wife has a Toyota Sienna minivan. That vehicle is a bit too fancy for its own good. The side doors slide open automatically which is darn convenient, but has been very unreliable, and fixing it ends up costing about $1000 each time. But aside from the doors, it drives as well at 100k miles as it did with 1 mile. I've had a Lexus IS300 for four years which as been basically trouble-free, although nowadays I only drive it a couple thousand miles a year - ride the Yammie any time its feasible instead of driving.

Thanks for the input... I actually work for the plant that builds the Sienna (Post 2003) Believe me if any warranty claims or any claims come through at all it is look at and countermeasure to the best of there ability. Sorry for your inconvenience.

Damnitsjeff

Yumma Dum Dum
Reaction score
Visit site
The plant that I work for builds the Sequoia, Sienna and soon to be the Highlander..... Right now we are retooling for the Highlander and are shutdown. For the past 7 months I have been staying in Lexington, KY working at the Gerogetown Plant (which builds the Avalon, Camry, and now the Venza) instead of laying me off they sent me to work at a different plant. I have nothing bad to say about the company that I have now been with for 6 years. :thumbup:

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
2008 xb here! no major problems! Had a ecm malfunction and lost powersteering but dealer reset and was good to go no problems since has been almost a year. only thing up in the air is a rear speed sensor. Have to wait till i get home in may to get it taken care. other wise... all wheel drive a necesity? why lil confused I have never gotten stuck with my xb nor did i with my 98 new beetle. I put winter tires on them no problems....

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Let's see, over the years:

1983 Toyota mini truck (sold)
1986 Toyota mini truck (sold)
1996 Blackhawk Tercel (Totaled)
1998 Tacoma 4x4 Xtra cab (replacement for totaled car, then traded)
1998 Corolla (Wife's)
2001 Tacoma Double Cab (replaced 98 truck)
2003 Corolla S (gave up truck for gas crunch and I was a long commuter for work for a while)
2003 RAV4 (Wife)
2005 Tundra (Wife traded RAV4)
2006 Tundra TRD (I traded car)
2007 Tacoma (Holdover bought in 08, traded TRD Tundra for a bit better MPG)
2008 Yaris (She traded her Tundra, same day as I did for MPG)

There were a few years in there where we had other vehicles and regretted stepping away from Toyota and we've been back with them for several years. And yes, we do trade or sell them off often, but I like this new Tacoma TRD DC so much that I intend to keep it for a long time. I regretted getting rid of the 2001 DC Tacoma.

Value, options, pricing, resale value and quality. I'll never NOT buy a Toyota again at this point.

A.Thomas

Reaction score
Visit site
I had a toyota corolla in the early eighties , couldn't kill that thing. I work the oil patch all over Alberta and am seeing more and more Toyotas in the patch , something unheard of just a few years ago. I think they are very well built , and may just go that route my next truck.

rdoucet

Ghost Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Toyota has to be one of the best automobiles on the road today. I own a GMC and the wife has a Pontiac; would absolutely look at the Toyota the next time I need a vehicle.

Norm

Senior FZ6 Advisor
Reaction score
Visit site
We've got three in the garage right now. Toyota is my favorite car in the world. I'm now on my third Land Cruiser. Before that I had a Forerunner and before that a Corolla. My wife drives an RX300 and the kids share a RAV4. I should be a Toyota spokesperson.

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't own a Toyota, but my dad traded in his Passat wagon for a new Camry V6. Prior to that we had an '90 camry that we bought new and was totalled a few years later. They are very nice, quiet reliable cars. My dad and myself both like a little zing, so we overall find them (as in general) a little bland. My dad was sick of his Passat and got a great deal on the Camry (cheaper than 4cyl Accord EX). I have a 5.5 year old Accord EX-L that my wife drives and I drive a 7.5 year old Passat wagon. We bought them both new. Neither has given us any unusual problems and I am very happy with both. I love the VW for its more involving ride and great steering feedback. Both cars are stick shift. Back to the Toyota - I would never hesitate to get one. Great cars. Just not very exciting.

mellofelow

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the input... I actually work for the plant that builds the Sienna (Post 2003) Believe me if any warranty claims or any claims come through at all it is look at and countermeasure to the best of there ability. Sorry for your inconvenience.
Love Toyotas, in fact, right now I have Sienna, 4Runner and a Lexus GS.

My 04 Sienna drive train remains good as new. My 2 gripes... the front brakes are very weak for such a heavy car. I understand it shares the same rotors as the Camry. Replaced it with EBC rotors and it's been awesome.

Secondly, the rear hatch struts failure. I've heard it's been recalled.

Minor issues considering... Love Toyotas.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Toyota has always seemed to pay attention to detail. They make a comfortable, good looking, reliable vehicle. All major auto makers make a good model. Some better than others. That's choice. :eek: :thumbup:

W

wrightme43

I think the poll has your answer. LOL LOL

I have a 90 celica now with 226,000 miles on it. Stills runs great. Hail damaged in the hail storm of 95, everything still works, except the powersteering, but the pump shaft is broken. I was going to fix it, but the lines are broken from someone driving over something. Its just not worth fixing. And it has no fifth gear. The stupid power windows and door locks still work, factory radio and speakers, everything is still fine except the powersteering and the 5th gear. Still runs like a top.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
OK I lied. I felt sorry for the big three.
I own 4 Tacoma pickups for work trucks, 2 Fords and a new Dodge Dakota.
I think we all know why Toyota is the best selling brand.
I do not like the lack of quality in their paint jobs, you can scratch my silver Tacoma's with your fingernail. Not real crazy about their composite truck beds either.
They sure do build a mighty fine power plant.