Top Speed???

PrayHarder

Keep on driving !
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Top Speed

Do me a favor everyone, provide a link on google maps of where you hit your top speed to show exactly where your idiotic and crazy thinking kicked in for short time. If you have already posted, you can still edit and paste in your link. Just look at mine. Just curious what kind of road everyone has chosen. Mine was a two lane highway out in the desert, north of Las Vegas paralleling to an Interstate Highway with no real entry points from either side fo the road for miles.

Added a map for you sir !

Ben

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Thanks Ben,

Looks like a nice stretch of road. Very little to no entry points during your run. Looks pretty isolated.

paul1149

Riding with the King
Reaction score
Visit site

Only 91 mph here. For some reason I feel the speed more on the fz6 than on the baby ninja. Both have/had enlarged screens too. Maybe because the fz is taller. When the time is right I'll hit triple digits, but no hurry. Safety first.

whitefox51

Reaction score
Visit site

just 97 passing a semi, sometimes those things scare the @#$% out of me get by'em as fast as I can! :thumbup:

GodSpeedLuc

Reaction score
Visit site

i didnt know you can pass the 85-90 mph mark (keping it just below 8k rpm) during break-in. for me, since im still breaking it in, i've only topped it around there.

rdanielson

Reaction score
Visit site

Hello, first time posting here.

The fastest I have had my FZ6 is 149mph on a nice long stretch of highway north of Chattanooga. :)

a_sick1

2004 FZ6
Reaction score
Visit site

i didnt know you can pass the 85-90 mph mark (keping it just below 8k rpm) during break-in. for me, since im still breaking it in, i've only topped it around there.

it only says don't hold it over 7k for extended periods.
that doesn't mean you cant run it up there from time to time ;)

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Classic! Sorry Nate, you don't fall under the idiotic and crazy category because you were on the track! More like under the smart and responsible category. Thanks anyway, as a reminder to us all, Defy's way should be the only way. However, if not, I was just curious where everyone picked their spot.

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site

You wanna see boring?? I live in Snowmans Land, no corners to be found. I'm a bit of a wimp and have only gone 172kph and that was only for a very short time

We have to travel at least 45-50 minutes to get to ANY twisties, one good thing, you can see a cop coming WAY before his radar can get you lol

PS those squares that look like city blocks? NOPE farm land
Google Maps

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site

Classic! Sorry Nate, you don't fall under the idiotic and crazy category because you were on the track! More like under the smart and responsible category. Thanks anyway, as a reminder to us all, Defy's way should be the only way. However, if not, I was just curious where everyone picked their spot.

So when I first bought the bike and had never had a "fast" bike before, and was yet to obtain many of the experiences I've had since, I went 13XMPH here:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...096,-88.406639&spn=0.129325,0.307617&t=h&z=12

somewhere around there anyway....out in farm country where you can see forever and would probably be hard pressed to hurt anyone and/or get help if you needed it.

racerws

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I have a 2004 Model and rode it to Turner Falls, Oklahoma once.
Got behind a Corvette and BMW that were cooking. Looked down and
saw 110 MPH, there was still plenty left. Afraid and Okie DPS officer
would see us and backed off. Seems to me the FZ6 is geared too low.
Has anyone ever changed out to a smaller rear sprocket?

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site

I saw 159mph on the stock speedo... real speed was about 145mph... I don`t think it`ll go much faster than that.

rvbiker

Reaction score
Visit site

I have a problem with my bike that when I go over 80 my seat gets wet:eek: and it’s not confortable:Flash: so I try to limit my speed until I get the bike fixed.:thumbup:

Bodarc

Reaction score
Visit site

Hey partner, I've rode those very roads. not much of a selection here in Oklahoma. Originally from Abilene Tx. Looking to make a Talihina run in the next couple of weeks/months, if interested let me know.

Bodarc