Top Saddlery Ordered!!

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
One of my holdups is needing to abandon the stock seat... Hence my initial response....

I will keep you informed...

Well I don't think you can go wrong with getting a TS seat for several reasons:

- it IS more comfortable than stock hands down
- it looks nicer than stock
- the Euro is in the dumper right now so you can take advantage of that and save some money.
- not 'slippery' like Crobins tend to be
- fast turn around time
- completely customize your seat (fabric, colour, stitching, etc).

Just my $0.02 to help sway you to a TS seat.

Dr.Moby

Reaction score
Visit site
The one I used to have fit very well too. Dr. Moby would have to post pics now though. :D

Nice selection of color and materials Boneman! Looks GREAT! Now you know what I meant, way back when, when I said it was like riding on your sofa.

I wish! The TS seat was sold separately from the bike. My current saddle is a stocker. Still waiting to pull the trigger on a TS or corbin, though i wanted to hit a few k on the stock before i pony up.

DrM

Dr.Moby

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks! I too am pleased with the results. Very difficult to pick fabric from a 1" thumbnail on thier site. They really need to improve that aspect of thier site.

Yes, my a$$ thanks you!! Have couch will travel!

I got it to fit a little better, but it still up a little in the back. Becasue the fabric is so tight and the pan is so flexible, it pulls itself 'up' at the back. Not a big deal.

Can you tell us a bit about the fabric that you choose and how you like it?

Thanks
DrM

CarpeNoctumDC

Reaction score
Visit site
- it IS more comfortable than stock hands down
- it looks nicer than stock
- the Euro is in the dumper right now so you can take advantage of that and save some money.
- not 'slippery' like Crobins tend to be
- fast turn around time
- completely customize your seat (fabric, colour, stitching, etc).

The customizatoin probably wont matter as I would just order one of the specials to save an extra few bucks... Also the fast turn around is a major benefit...

I think I have pretty much decided to go with the TS... Probably give it a few days to think over and then roll with it...

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Can you tell us a bit about the fabric that you choose and how you like it?

Thanks
DrM

Absolutely love my choices (refer to my first post for fabric details).

The main seat material (SEL065) is almost like a microfiber/suede or a chamois material. Soft and not slippery - it holds you inplace. Would not want to use these seats for a track day!

The other material (SEL003) is more like a standard leather/vinyl.

Check out the pics and you should be able to see the details of each fabric.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Lets see pics with the rear cowl on it!

Woking on that now. I started to modify the OEM seat cowl to fit. I'm basically fabricating two longer "hooks" out of aluminum. These will mount the cowl to the seat in the same fashion as the OEM hooks, just longer.

The aluminum stock I had ended up being too thick for doing this application so I need to go get some thinner aluminum before I can get it mounted.