TofuJunky87's FZ Reincarnation

TofuJunky87

Do you Tofu?
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks very nice! My bike is going to look very similar once I'm finished (this spring hopefully).

Re: the headlight harness, I bought a second hand harness to cut up and shorten do that I wouldn't have to deal with excess wiring behind the headlights, and I can also make sure there isn't any binding when I turn the bars to full lock.

But all in all, I'd ssh that bike turned out sweet! I went with the black windscreen, but they look good all the same.

Thanks! Ya, it wasn't the wiring so much as it was the cables (brake, clutch, throttle, etc). Because of how stiff they are, they won't bend or give when they hit the back of the headlights. Hopefully my zip tie trick will help.

Can't wait to see how yours turns out. I love the Buell conversion.

TofuJunky87

Do you Tofu?
Reaction score
Visit site
Well after a heck of a process of getting the bike transferred from a salvage to a rebuilt title, a VIN inspection, and about a month of dealing with a paperwork nightmare with the Title office of the state, I finally found myself walking into the license branch to plate and register it. Now its officially rebuilt, rocking a newly made plate and 100% legal and it feels great. So far I have put about 300 miles on her and counting. The bike is still running great and the weld on the frame appears to be holding well. Due to the substantial hit she took, I do keep a close eye on her (forks, triple tree, front breaks/axle, frame, radiator etc). So far so good.

And now that I have really had a chance to put some miles on her, I have to say I love the FZ6. This is a great bike and I am amazed at how long I can ride without getting sore. A big improvement over my previous R6s. Can't wait to go somewhere pretty so I can take some better pics of her in her natural habitat. :thumbup:

21A65D49-A3F6-4ACF-8573-3EFE052A115E.jpg

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well after a heck of a process of getting the bike transferred from a salvage to a rebuilt title, a VIN inspection, and about a month of dealing with a paperwork nightmare with the Title office of the state, I finally found myself walking into the license branch to plate and register it. Now its officially rebuilt, rocking a newly made plate and 100% legal and it feels great. So far I have put about 300 miles on her and counting. The bike is still running great and the weld on the frame appears to be holding well. Due to the substantial hit she took, I do keep a close eye on her (forks, triple tree, front breaks/axle, frame, radiator etc). So far so good.

And now that I have really had a chance to put some miles on her, I have to say I love the FZ6. This is a great bike and I am amazed at how long I can ride without getting sore. A big improvement over my previous R6s. Can't wait to go somewhere pretty so I can take some better pics of her in her natural habitat. :thumbup:

What a job! That's so great! I know you put a lot of heart and energy into bringing it back to life. Congratulations!

TofuJunky87

Do you Tofu?
Reaction score
Visit site
What a job! That's so great! I know you put a lot of heart and energy into bringing it back to life. Congratulations!

Thanks! There's no better feeling than taking one mans junk and turning it back into treasure with the sweat of your own brow. It really makes you appreciate every mile just a little bit more. I'm one of those weirdos that believes that you can have a connection with a car or motorcycle, and it feels good that I gave her a second chance at life.

:Sport: Here's to many more miles of happiness!