Today's Menu: Roadkill Squirrel

fz6xlr8r

Reaction score
Visit site
And I didn't have anything to carry it home so I had to leave the poor bastard to birds.

That reminds me of something Clint Eastwood said in the movie " The Legend of Josie Wales" when he killed two bad cowboys and the kid that was with him asked " Aren't we gona bury em'?" Clint looked at the two dead cowboys then looked back up at the kid and said " Nope. Buzzard's got to eat same as worm's." Now, if that's not cold-blooded then I don't know what is. LOL

Last edited:

pchbreeze

Custom Abuser
Reaction score
Visit site
I was on Hwy 33, some very twisty roads for the first time, and it was very high, very isolated (i was there very early), there were no side rails, and I'm still kinda nervous for such rides...a deer came out of nowhere and gave me that 'deer in the headlights' look. there's a video of something like that on youtube (fz6 v deer), but i wasn't going so fast. i gave it the roadrunner 'meep meep' and it casually walked away.

Had I been more experienced, I would have whacked into it, wrestled it to the ground, and had steak for days. :(

Last edited:

pchbreeze

Custom Abuser
Reaction score
Visit site
I got a rabbit about a month ago. It was at low speed and I was trying to stop. Stupid thing ran out in front of me and then decided that instead of running perpendicular to my path it would run in the same direction as I was traveling, all the while zig-zagging so that I didn't know which way to go to avoid it. Wouldn't really describe it as just a bump. Felt pretty soft and my front tire feel sort of (for lack of a better word) "squirrely".

awesome post :)
There was a turkey vulture eating road kill in the road ahead, I slowed down and got on the other side of the road to pass. Wouldn't you know that sucker spread his wings, took off and flew right into the right side of my bike just as I went by. I was going about 50 mph, and it hit the right side of my engine and then my right shin.

It was pretty damn heavy and I definitely felt it, though no lasting effects. When I got home, there were guts stuck to my engine. They baked on like beef jerky because of the heat. I had to scrape them off with a plastic putty knife.

FUN :thumbup:
how did it taste though?

re-pete

Reaction score
Visit site
R.i.p

Animals I have killed on street bikes:

Bike: 1982 kawasaki GPZ 550
animal : decent sized pigeon hit me in the shoulder at highway speeds... messy

Bike : 1985 Suzuki GS 500
animal : black bird struck me in the knee.. ouch.. had to pull over after that one smarted.

Bike: 1995 Kawasaki Ninja 600RR
animal : 30lb racoon. didn't hurt me but it hurt my bike.

Bike : 2004 Yamaha FZ6
Aniamal.. well insect actually.. June bug at 100mph. Hit me in the middle of my helmut sheild, hit so hard it cracked my sheild and wrecked it.

I really hope that will be my last animal inpact.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bren if you had killed a brace. I reckon they would have made very effective handlebar muffs. Helsinki does get a bit chilly in the winter.

Bren

Reaction score
Visit site
Animals I have killed on street bikes:

Bike: 1982 kawasaki GPZ 550
animal : decent sized pigeon hit me in the shoulder at highway speeds... messy

Bike : 1985 Suzuki GS 500
animal : black bird struck me in the knee.. ouch.. had to pull over after that one smarted.

Bike: 1995 Kawasaki Ninja 600RR
animal : 30lb racoon. didn't hurt me but it hurt my bike.

Bike : 2004 Yamaha FZ6
Aniamal.. well insect actually.. June bug at 100mph. Hit me in the middle of my helmut sheild, hit so hard it cracked my sheild and wrecked it.

I really hope that will be my last animal inpact.

Oh, this definitely makes you a serial killer. LOL

I agree Perryn, handlebar muffs would be so nice! And that raccoon Re-pete caught would have made an awesome seat-warmer. A true comfort-seat!

re-pete

Reaction score
Visit site
hehehe.. serial killer, I'll use that line.
Christ... I just missed a deer on the way to work this morning. He was just standing on the shoulder of the road, I'm thinking the woodland creatures are out to get me.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hehehe.. serial killer, I'll use that line.
Christ... I just missed a deer on the way to work this morning. He was just standing on the shoulder of the road, I'm thinking the woodland creatures are out to get me.
Hi Re-pete (aka terminator) remind me not to go on a woodland ride with you. Mind you I love venison, and I reckon you could do the ultimate cadillac mod on your bike with the antlers.....

re-pete

Reaction score
Visit site
Cheers mate, you'd like riding here. lots of roads and few people, course riding on the wrong side of the road would be tricky for you:)

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cheers mate, you'd like riding here. lots of roads and few people, course riding on the wrong side of the road would be tricky for you:)
Mate with my attenton span, I am often on the wrong side of the road. besides the white (yellow) line is there to show me the apex of the bend right?

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Saw this on a UK bikers site, it made me titter - but I reckon it's good advice :D

An aide memoir regarding Roadkill:-
If you can't eat it in one sitting don't run over it.
Im a hungry boy! its good advice though. re-pete aka terminator should bear this in mind LOL

re-pete

Reaction score
Visit site
I've actually seen of a roadkill cook book, and how to cook using your engine as an oven or stove. It says to use lots of tinfoil and wire coat hooks.
Baked squirrel anyone?

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've actually seen of a roadkill cook book, and how to cook using your engine as an oven or stove. It says to use lots of tinfoil and wire coat hooks.
Baked squirrel anyone?
That is gross...... If I was hungry I would fight flies for sh*t. But road kill yuk, unless of course I knew it was very fresh, as in that minute. There is a guy over here who had a TV show. He is into nature and road kill. His show was about trying to find road kill in communities and trying to convert people to have a go. Minimal success. Have you seen the UK TV show Top gear? One of the presenters finds a cow and straps it to the top of his 86 Camero. The idea was they had to get across the states on a budget that was cheaper than hiring a car. They then had to sell the cars in New Orleans to get the fair home. Road kill bar-b-que was one of the challenges. The cow was all bloated and leaked dead juice all ove the car.

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
Have you seen the UK TV show Top gear? One of the presenters finds a cow and straps it to the top of his 86 Camero. The idea was they had to get across the states on a budget that was cheaper than hiring a car. They then had to sell the cars in New Orleans to get the fair home. Road kill bar-b-que was one of the challenges. The cow was all bloated and leaked dead juice all ove the car.

PMSL at that episode - how did Clarkson get that cow on the Camero:D

re-pete

Reaction score
Visit site
I think the only way I could eat road kill is if I had killed the animal in question and even then, yuk!!! I'd have to be near death from starvation.
I love Top Gear ( I am the Stig) it's the only T.V. show I watch religiously.. oh and Coronation St. and yes I am ashamed to admit it.
I've not seen that episode of Top Gear, must be the new season? I'm sure we are behind with the programing here in Canada. I know We are six months behind on Coronation St. I look forward to seeing that top gear episode.
To quote a famous Canadian Band called the Tragically Hip. "New Orleans is sinking man and I don't wanna swim"
I brought my car to work today.. It's to hot to ride today 34C and with the humidity it feels like 42C.