times you have dropped your bike...

fazer.rider

Reaction score
Visit site
hehe this is embarrassing but everytime i learned a little. it's in chronological order as far as i can remember since i first started riding in Aug 2007. wanna share your stories? :D

1. just got 06 fz6. no idea on how to ride yet. rode it down the street. lost balance while stopped
2. lost balance taking it off centre stand in house garage
3. lost balance taking it off centre stand at gas station
4. left turn lowside. cold tires, slippery road, leaned too fast. speed about 40kph
5. dismounted bike but forgot to bring down kick stand
6. right turn at T intersection. too much throttle. rear wheel on ice. very slow 180 degrees lowside
7. front tire tucked on slush going straight. speed about 55kph
8. taking 07 fz6 off centre stand while bike still running in 1st gear
9. right turn lowside. too much lean. most likely footpeg drag lifted rear wheel. speed about 55kph (this happened about 3 weeks ago)
10. front tire tucked going straight on wet metal street car track. speed approx 35kph. (this happaned 2 days ago)

oh yeah. ATGATT :rockon: and frame sliders :D

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
once... i set the bike up in my front yard and it hase a smale downard grade to it.. well, pointed the front of the bike down the grade and started it up.. went inside to grabe my brand new boots and came back out.. poor thing was laying on its side in the dirt.. didnt do really any damage, but what a horrible feeling...

fz6Soldier

Reaction score
Visit site
Are you short? Just wondering because you seem to lose balance easily. The only time I lost balance was on a full tank of gas and I stalled when I was at an angle. I went down in front of hundreds of spectators. Very embarrassing indeed. I'm about 6 feet tall and the bike feels just right.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
center stand owns you!!!!!!!!

I have dropped my bike once.
right hand curve taken too wide, panicked and grabbed brake (in median dirt/dust), lowsided @ about 40 m.p.h. bike went straight into a curb and hasn't been the same since......Feb 1st, 2009. I have ridden it about 1 mile since then (test ride) but I am getting her back together soon.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
and I thought I was bad... damn bro...

edit: and to answer the question, I have never dropped my Buell in almost a year and 10k miles. W00T! that must be my record :D

Last edited:

lupusobus

Insanity is Sanity
Reaction score
Visit site
I dropped as many times as you have, plus one low side going 40 mph on the freeway/expressway 2 months ago. Mainly tipped over in the first month of riding. Only been riding for 5 months, well 4, one month to recuperate from the spill. :D

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been riding for 2 half months

1 first day I rode it, mind you I have never ridden before, making a left turn, going to fast and grabbed the front brake......

2 3rd day of riding around the block, making a right turn on a grade and lurched forward tward a mail box, and I grabbed the front brake again........

I took the MSF class and I know how to use the front brake and how to turn lol.

hot4teach

Reaction score
Visit site
Pulled in to the garage and forgot the kickstand. Leaned it over and put my foot down on my epoxy painted floor and got no grip. This was the first week I owned the bike.

paulinus

Reaction score
Visit site
I have yet to drop Betty *raps knuckles to head* I did however drop El Bandito (91 Bandit 400) a few times.

1 Cute girl at work accepts an invite to ride. I hustle home, change my shirt, and zip back. I park behind her car in the grass parking lot. For some reason, she wants to move her car. So, (and for some reason, I was sitting on the bike at the time still) I just raise the bike up off the stand and roll her forward to not be behind her car anymore. I didn't think of the grass pulling the stand back. I go to lean back over...onto the stand...and WHUMP. To add insult to injury, my foot was trapped underneath. :spank: She didn't take the ride....

2 It had been raining and I approached a stoplight. It turned yellow and I overthought the situation. I braked much harder than usual along with pulling in the clutch. The rear came around and I lowsided. Only hurt El Bandito, and my pride. I'm convinced if I had stopped normally and kept a cool head I wouldn't have gone down.

3 I dropped her in the yard while trying to take a drag off my cigarette and push her one handed. It just won't work, folks :p Save the cig for later, LOL

:)

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have yet to drop my bike. I came close a couple times but I'm strong enough to bring it back from almost touchdown to standing up. That happened twice. Adrenaline is amazing stuff!

staticghost

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Well for me I have dropped twice now. First time was the first week I got, I had in my backyard, on a side stand next to the fence, and as I leaned over the bike to get something on the opposite side, the she went. I tryed holding her tight, but it was too late and just kind of laid it down. Mind you couple of days after I had my frame sliders installed. Second time was a month later, parked it up the hill, and as I stared to get out the parking spot I stalled and the bike went down. This time I laid it down softly but it was so quick I had no idea of what happened. My little retarded mishaps I know...:rolleyes:

buccs40oz

Reaction score
Visit site
so far only one time. getting on it my pant leg got caught on something or i got on it to fast not really sure. was on it's side stand got on and tipped the other way. didn't drop but i sat it down very smooth do damage good thing for frame sliders. a buddy of mine was having issues with dropping his at stop signs turning left, right. he lowered his bike then seemed to stop. that or he finally got used to riding.

Soap

Reaction score
Visit site
Just the once a few months ago, nearly got decapitated by a washing line and lost my balance. No harm done though.