Throttle Body Synchronization

mellofelow

Reaction score
Visit site
So is this a done deal?

I have experience with GB's for cars. Although I don't handle payments either but basically I am the administrator or order taker if you will. Once all the payment information has been collected for 10 buyers (CC#, address... etc), I then turn it over to the vendor. So in a sense it's one big multi payment.

Anyone up for this? Do you think Morgan will accept this GB?

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I suppose it's worth entertaining, but I couldn't wait. After Scorphonic's efforts, I saw no resolution so I order today from Morgan. 5-7 £, maybe $15 savings in a GB, you gotta just bite the bullet and get on with it. Just means I have to use it 1.2 times instead of once to get my money's worth instead of taking it to the shop for them to do it.

Thanks for all your efforts Scorphonic! :thumbup:

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
Your very welcome Biker dude. If I wasn't a student with a capped credit card limit (which is quite low...thankfully!!) then i would have been able to do the group buy through my card...but like I said, two weeks time I'm putting a ring on a finger...so the credit card is pretty much full!!! :)

D-Mac

Distance Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I just placed an order for one (Morgan Carbtune). Looks like a great product. I'm almost to 4000 miles and there's no sense in waiting anymore. Might as well do this before winter. No way the dealer is touching my bike.

I'll post an update when it's done.

Cheers, D-Mac

D-Mac

Distance Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Got my Morgan Carbtune Pro about a week ago (fast delivery - about one week from the U.K. to Michigan) and I finally got a chance to try it out today.

It took me a bit longer than planned because I had inadvertently buried the four TB lines on the bike down under the air box when I took off the box off last month. That meant I had to take off the air box again to retrieve the TB lines (otherwise you don't have to remove the airbox at all).

It all hooked up easily. It comes with a 4" restrictor tube that you just cut into four pieces to make the four restrictors - one for each line. One end of each restrictor tube inserts tightly into each tube already on the bike and the other inserts inside each rubber tube that runs to the carbtuner. Turn on the bike, warm it up, and turn screws 2,3,4 to sync to TB#1. It would be very hard to screw this up.

My bike has 3900 miles on it. Turns out it was almost perfectly sync'd already! I adjusted the TBs a tiny, tiny bit (mostly #4) to lock it down and that was it. 5 minutes of adjustment and done. Next time all I have to do is lift the fuel tank, plug in the restrictors and turn on the bike. Couldn't be easier.

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got my Morgan Carbtune about a week ago as well but didn't have time to play with it until today as the weather here really sucked the last couple of days and I wanted to take the bike for a spin to get the engine up to temperature before doing the sync test.

Here is the as-found at idle which is roughly 1300rpm...

attachment.php

It didn't look that bad for 11600km on the bike.

Here is the as-found at 4000rpm...

attachment.php

For the amount that they were off at both rpm's I decided to leave it, no adjustment necessary.

The manual states intake vacuum at 21.8 cmHg, and the difference in any two throttle bodies should not exceed 1 cmHg. I like that this tuner comes with cmHg markings.

P.S. Sean from Morgan was top notch to deal with and prompt in all the inquiries I made. Even though they don't advertise payment via Paypal, they take it if you ask. Mailing was prompt and the delivery time reasonable just outside of a week. Sean was answering emails on the weekend and Sunday's :thumbup:. Easy assembly, comes in a nice case, and the Carbtune worked great. I highly recommend it. ;)

Last edited:

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the update there bikerdude.

I ordered mine yesterday and got it today...needless to say they only had to post it 2 minutes down the road!

Surprisingly, I ordered only the 4 unit carbtune with NO tool pouch...when i opened my parcel there was my kit all nicely wrapped up in the tool pouch!!

I guess Sean Morgan is an even more top notch guy who obviously likes the fact that I advertised his product even further in about 6 countries!! They just threw in the pouch for free!!!! :rockon:

Thats what I believe anyways, either that or they sent it by accident which I would strongly doubt since it clearly states on my invoice that I spent only 55 quid on it.

Thank you Sean!!! I'll certainly keep advertising this product! :)

mellofelow

Reaction score
Visit site
For those interested in Morgan, the current exchange rate it comes to $103.20 (if I calculated correctly). Heck, that's cheaper than the group buy price a month ago....

I better jump on this.

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I used my morgan carbtune for the first time a few weeks ago. Worked like a charm, so easy. I like that it came with the fittings to fit our bike, whereas I seem to recall that the motionpro unit required an extra purchase to get the right fittings.

FWIW, My bike wasn't very far out of tune, I think I needed just a slight adjustment on #3 and that was it.

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
Thats exactly what mine was like. After 16,000 miles I only had to do a very slight change to #3 and #4. 1 and 2 were perfect.

Its a good system...so so easy to use.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I never knew what those hoses on the 2007 were for!! thank for the simple explaination. I never thought we would have to do this. So when you hook up the tuner you bought to these 4 hoses they have to read a certain value on the tuner? How do you adjust each throttle body, is there a nut you turn? If you used #1 as a reference and synchronised off this, how do you know that #1 wasn't the most off and would this affect the engine?

Thanks! :)

EDIT: Does it look like this:

08-0411.jpg
Fred has done a great how to Scorph. I can't read it to good as my brain messes with the colours. It is great though.

Nelly

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok so far we have:

Biker Dude

Mellofellow

urbanj

SJK625

D-Mac

Scorphonic

Antijoy

Brandad

That makes 8 so far...who else would be interested?

Exhaust = 300+ dollars
Keeping your engine in tip top condition and happy = 100 dollars.

Go on...you know you want to get a deal on this! :)

EDIT: In order to get this thing moving I have now put this onto my home countries bike forum to get the numbers up. I'll let you know how many I have by the end of the weekend. Sportbikes.net is not going anywhere yet.
Scorph,
I have not been on in a while. I have a 2006 model and want one. count me in.

Nelly

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
haha, hay nelly, I'm waiting for you to get to the post where I say the group buy was off! :)

You can order straight from Sean Morgan here in belfast. You'll get free delivery.

stevesnj

Reaction score
Visit site
So I was able to borrow a friends carb synch tool to synch my throttle bodies, OMG... what a difference!!! If you can at least rent one it took me 20 min total from tank open to tank close. The throttle response is noticeable and the rev's come up much quicker. I had 2 out of adjustment so I recommend everyone do this. Follow the video in the very first post and all is well. I have an 07' with 17,000 miles. Here's the tool i used

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y14/SidecarMike/Odds and Ends/DSCF1062-1.jpg