Throttle Body Synchronization

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok I ran into a bit of trouble. I tried calibrating the Motion Pro as instructed in the service manual using the cyl#1. I even turned all the screws CCW to lower the levels. But still when I started the bike the fluid got sucked into the tubes. Fortunately I killed the ignition before it entered the engine. What am I doing wrong?

tuningfork

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok I ran into a bit of trouble. I tried calibrating the Motion Pro as instructed in the service manual using the cyl#1. I even turned all the screws CCW to lower the levels. But still when I started the bike the fluid got sucked into the tubes. Fortunately I killed the ignition before it entered the engine. What am I doing wrong?

you are holding the tool upright, correct? you need gravity pushing down on the fluid.

did you install the restrictors correctly (proper side of the hose and also proper direction)?

Oscar54

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I guess this is a project for this weekend, I got 5500 miles so I guess I'll check it out. It'll be the first time.

I'm curious though about this "Calibration" of the motion pro gauges. I have a set of the Motion Pro mercury gauges and they look similar to the one pic'd on this thread. Since the gauge is just liquid in tubes to counter the vacuum what is there to calibrate?

All I have ever done is hook the gauges up and follow sync procedure in the manual for my XS11.

antijoy

Reaction score
Visit site

This would be one of the reasons I want to go with the Morgan Carbtune, no fluids, let alone mercury.

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok so far we have:

Biker Dude

Mellofellow

urbanj

SJK625

D-Mac

Scorphonic

Antijoy

Brandad

That makes 8 so far...who else would be interested?

Exhaust = 300+ dollars
Keeping your engine in tip top condition and happy = 100 dollars.

Go on...you know you want to get a deal on this! :)

EDIT: In order to get this thing moving I have now put this onto my home countries bike forum to get the numbers up. I'll let you know how many I have by the end of the weekend. Sportbikes.net is not going anywhere yet.

Last edited:

xj750_Pete

Young Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
you are holding the tool upright, correct? you need gravity pushing down on the fluid.

did you install the restrictors correctly (proper side of the hose and also proper direction)?

+1 on the restrictors. Make sure they are all in there. The orifice in the restrictors are so small, I cant imagine how fast the fluid would move without the restrictors in there. Don't worry if the engine sucks in some of the fluid. As long if its a small amount I dont think it will hurt it.

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok so far we have:

Biker Dude

Mellofellow

urbanj

SJK625

D-Mac

Scorphonic

Antijoy

Brandad

1 so far from SBN

So that makes 9 so far...come on people...i cant believe others on here are not jumping at this...is it because it doesn't make a noise of flash? :p

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I see mb one person on SBN might be in after all that. :rolleyes:

A coworker is on her way to Scotland and stopping in Dublin for a couple of days. I asked her if she wouldn't mind to pick one up for me. The dazed look I got from her was enough communications conveying "NO". I guess that was stupid of me to ask, thinking to myself what she might have to say to customs when she re-enters Canada trying to explain what the thing was... kind of laughed to myself as I walked away from her. Geesh. I know, pathetic, I just know the value of having one of these in my tool box, I guess.

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site

I installed them right. Only thing has me confused is whether they should be on the sync pro side or the bike/calibration manifold side.

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
I see mb one person on SBN might be in after all that. :rolleyes:

A coworker is on her way to Scotland and stopping in Dublin for a couple of days. I asked her if she wouldn't mind to pick one up for me. The dazed look I got from her was enough communications conveying \\"NO\\". I guess that was stupid of me to ask, thinking to myself what she might have to say to customs when she re-enters Canada trying to explain what the thing was... kind of laughed to myself as I walked away from her. Geesh. I know, pathetic, I just know the value of having one of these in my tool box, I guess.

haha, you were asking her to meet up with me? haha, scary thought! :) The place this company is based is in the North of the country, in the United Kingdom...a mere 100 miles from Dublin in the Republic of Ireland. Lucky I am in Dublin every weekend...so if she changes her mind let me know, I can pick yours up directly from the shop and have it transferred to her! :)

Tell me about it, that SBN crowd are a tough lot to crack...haha! but great forum over there too...

Last edited:

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
haha, you were asking her to meet up with me? haha, scary thought! :) The place this company is based is in the North of the country, in the United Kingdom...a mere 100 miles from Dublin in the Republic of Ireland. Lucky I am in Dublin every weekend...so if she changes her mind let me know, I can pick yours up directly from the shop and have it transferred to her! :)

Tell me about it, that SBN crowd are a tough lot to crack...haha! but great forum over there too...

100 miles? I think I just got a geography lesson, lol. "The United Kingdom consists of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales" from wikapedia. Honestly, I didn't know this. LOL Sorry for going OT. She left today already and didn't leave me a phone number to contact her, figures.

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
haha, no worries. It is a big history lesson that would keep you very very busy for the next few years if i even began to tell you about the north and republic of ireland. Its only 50 miles from where I am now to the republic...a mere 1 hour drive...but this part of the country is run by the queen of england while the rest of the country is run by the Irish themselves. Not that I'm complaining (much) but I do get paid in Sterling so that is about the only positive I have while living in the north...o and my friends...thats it. It simply doesn't feel like Ireland, with the Union Jack on all streets, deep down it hurts like hell but what can you do. The majority of people in N Ireland are ok with it, the war is over now for a few years but the troubles are still ongoing in places. The army are off the streets but they are still actively building "peace walls" which really should be called segregation walls or "protective walls"!!!!

Still...life goes on, and peacefully thank god...no more bombs or shootings here since I moved here last year.

anyways, I degress from the thread!! :)

Last edited:

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
I've posted this up on my irish bike forum too so i'll wait and see if interest is high there too...I've just sent off an email to Morgan himself to see what type of discount we can get. I've also asked his permission to organise a group code that will allow each person to order a unit themselves and input the code in to gain the discounted price...i just hope this can be organised by him...i'll let you all know.

I checked my email again.

If you purchase the 4 chamber unit on its own you will get 5 pound discount

If you purchase the 4 chamber unit with the pouch you will get 7 pound discount.

These are "starting from" discounts...so the more we have the more we should get off...I'll keep you up to date on his replies to me.

Anyways, I gotta get to bed already...its 3.55 in the morning!!! damned internet and its distractions!!

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
Hay everyone, I spoke to Morgan today and unfortunately he will only be able to accept a single payment for all the units we want. The savings would have been £4.90 for the unit by itself and £5.40 for the unit and pouch...

Because I'm a student I can't possibly do this so the discount is a no go.

I still think its a good unit to buy even if it costs the full price. So whoever is interested in the unit you can order it right away yourselves but there will be no discount.

I'm sorry for all that, he has had bad experiences in the past with a group order where only one of the people ordered and they got the discount on the basis that more then 10 would so I understand his position.

Last edited: