Thread details

andyfazer600

Reaction score
Visit site
Can anyone shed some light on the details of the bolt marked 15 in the drawing in the link below? I'm looking for info such as M8 or thread pitch/pattern etc. I've tried contacting my local part supplier with the Yamaha part number but got no success as yet

Object moved

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have to sign up and log another password? Nah...

Bet this is the same bolt (#15) you're talking about. About 5 bucks at ronayers.com Lots of parts places use the same fiche diagram.

FRAME Uh Huh!

Also! Don't ride the bike without that bolt!

Last edited:

oaks

~~~~~
Reaction score
Visit site
Bolt 15 hides under the front sprocket cover? I'm not sure from the ronayers drawing.

If by chance you meant bolt 17, where my frame slider is, I can recite the numbers off the original bolt. I have it around here somewhere.

Last edited:

oaks

~~~~~
Reaction score
Visit site
P/N 91314-10050-00, correct?

This is 15 in the OP's link at the Yamaha site, and 17 at the ronayers site and is where I have my frame slider. (Same P/N S1 and S2 bikes, it looks like.)

Numbers off the bolt: 04S09 10.9

The original is 60 mm long, 10 mm in diameter. Motovation describes the 100 mm bolt they include with their kit as a 10x100mm bolt.

Motovation 2004-11 Yamaha FZ600 Installation Guide - Frame Sliders and Accessories

Hope there is something in this info to help you.

---

The original link in the first post works:

- click on the link
- click on proceed in the page that opens
- close that page
- click on the link a second time.

Cookies!

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

This is 15 in the OP's link at the Yamaha site, and 17 at the ronayers site and is where I have my frame slider. (Same P/N S1 and S2 bikes, it looks like.)

The original is 60 mm long, 10 mm in diameter. Motovation describes the 100 mm bolt they include with their kit as a 10x100mm bolt.

Motovation 2004-11 Yamaha FZ600 Installation Guide - Frame Sliders and Accessories

---

- click on the link
- close that page

Cookies!

Cookies Sent! :D
Nice Work! Yes, most forward Frame Bolt on left side into cylinder head!

I pasted the link w/out the friendly name in as URL and pulled right up! Add back "http" or REMOVE added spaces otherwise the link is unfriendly when the forum converts the URL.
http ://www.yamahamotorsports.com/partviewer/default.aspx?ls=sport#/Yamaha/FZ6_-_FZ600SS_-_2004/FRAME/FZ600SS_(2004_MOTORCYCLE)/FRAME_(FZ600SS_-_2004)

Part Number: 91314-10050-00, BOLT, HEXAGON SOCKET HEAD

Last edited:

oaks

~~~~~
Reaction score
Visit site
One more post, then I'll shut up. :rolleyes:

All that said, personally, I would still get the bolt from a Yamaha parts supplier to ensure the correct strength, corrosion resistance, thread spacing, etc. This is one bolt I would not want to snap off, strip the threads, etc, in the engine when torquing it down.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

All that said, personally, I would still get the bolt from a Yamaha parts supplier to ensure the correct strength, corrosion resistance, thread spacing, etc. This is one bolt I would not want to snap off, strip the threads, etc, in the engine when torquing it down.

Me Too! :rolleyes:

Reminder; we have our own fiche so everyone can be on the same page... Take a look here for the S2 Parts Fiche: http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-technical/50116-2007-fz6-parts-reference-diagram-images-x46.html

andyfazer600

Reaction score
Visit site
I have to sign up and log another password? Nah...

Bet this is the same bolt (#15) you're talking about. About 5 bucks at ronayers.com Lots of parts places use the same fiche diagram.

FRAME Uh Huh!

Also! Don't ride the bike without that bolt!

Yeah #17 on the ronayers site

Bolt 15 hides under the front sprocket cover? I'm not sure from the ronayers drawing.

If by chance you meant bolt 17, where my frame slider is, I can recite the numbers off the original bolt. I have it around here somewhere.

That the one!

---

- click on the link
- close that page

Cookies!

That's the info I need, many thanks

Nightmare of nightmares I have managed to damage the threads not on the bolt but the hole. I'm praying it can be repaired in situ, engine out if not

Last edited:

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah #17 on the ronayers site

Nightmare of nightmares I have managed to damage the threads not on the bolt but the hole. I'm praying it can be repaired in situ, engine out if not

In that case you need a heli-coil or a Thread-Sert.... See this ah "thread"
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-...eads-my-oil-pan.html?highlight=repair+threads

andyfazer600

Reaction score
Visit site
Should it transpire it can't be done in situ, can the engine be released from its mounts and jacked up/lowered or will it need to be completely disconnected and removed?

andyfazer600

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I've sorted this now (with a little help)

I had a mechanic out this morning with the intention of using a helicoil to repair it, however we realised the engine would require pivoting on it rear mounts. The amount of work required to get this done was pretty significant so we made the decision to take a different approach.

As part of the helicoil process the original hole required drilling out to 10.3mm with a larger tap run down this hole and the helicoil insert put in that, resulting in an "original size" 10mm hole. There was enough access to drill but not tap and fit the insert so we drilled the original thread out to 10.3mm and simply fitted a longer M10 high tensile bolt with washers and a nyloc nut - JOB DONE!

I do however plan to fitted the helicoil insert sometime during next winter service

Last edited: