Scam

MecAut

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys, unfortunately I need to sell my FZ6N....

Yesterday I received an email, a guy (Sam, [email protected]) requesting some extra info about the bike...at this stage no problem.
At night he agreed to buy it and he was happy with the bike price (this is the first weird thing ahaha).

So today, he sent an email saying about his pickup agent and he will pay using his paypal account. Shortly after, I received 3 emails from a fake Paypal account ([email protected])

I started to look to all this stuff with different eyes...because he transferred the bike value + $950 for his pickup agent. After that he requests me to transfer the $950 to his agent....yes...dodgy.:Flip:

Checking this pickup agent, he is in China!....:Flip:

So please, take care, I will paste the fake paypal email here just in case if someone else try to search that on Google at least can help someone!

And, the funniest bit:
After I pulled he sent this:
"what the hell are you talking about? I need to ring my brother in the afp right now."

So...the bike still on market :thumbup:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
email number 01
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

Transaction ID: 2DD387996K4784352 | Transaction Time: 16 Jan 2014 03:00:28 AEST
You've received a Payment by Samuel Cheney to your Australia & New Zealand Bank Account No: 276350503

Dear Rafael Donadio (********[email protected]),

You've received a Merchant Payment of $8,966.00 AUD from Samuel Cheney ([email protected]) for your Bike Sale to your Australia & New Zealand Bank Account No: 276350503

What's the quickest way to get my fund?
This is to confirm to you that the said amount has been successfully transferred by Samuel Cheney and has been deducted from his bank account, which is now awaiting approval to be reflected into your bank account. Being that this payment has been subjected to be a payment for a bike purchased from you, we reserved the right to make sure this transaction is safe and secure.

The above sum has included the transport charges as we and your buyer's private shipping company headquarters quoted for your buyer (PayPal Policy & Agreements). You will receive an email from PayPal customer verification department shortly informing you on how to transfer the pickup agent fees to your buyer's private shipping company headquarters details as included in this payment confirmation.

Contact PayPal customer verification department and quote your transaction ID 2DD387996K4784352 for quick recognition of this transaction.

Please Note:
* You are to call PayPal payment verification department on +61 0280074666 or by replying back to this payment confirmation after transferring the pickup agent fees via Moneygram with the 8 digits reference number to complete this transaction.

* The funds has been successfully transferred to your Australia & New Zealand Bank Account No: 276350503 and is now awaiting approval to be reflected into your bank account as soon as we receive and verify the Moneygram reference number for the pickup agent fees as included in this payment.
Buyer
Samuel Cheney
[email protected]

Pickup Agent Headquarters - Confirmed
LIQING PENG
4018 Jintian Rd
Futian, Shenzhen 518038
China

Note to seller
I have included my pickup agent fees. Thanks
Seller Protection
Eligible

Description Purchase Date
Unit price Qty Amount
BIKE

Jan 16, 2014 $8,000.00 AUD
1 $8,000.00 AUD

Subtotal $8,000.00 AUD
Pickup Agent fees
$950.00 AUD
Moneygram transfer charges $16.00 AUD
Tax --
Total $8,966.00 AUD
Payment
$8,966.00 AUD
Payment sent to Australia & New Zealand Bank Account No: 276350503

Sincerely,
PayPal

email number 02

Dear Rafael Donadio (********[email protected]),

We would like to inform you that the transaction between you and Samuel Cheney has been successfully processed. We will reflect the payment into your Australia & New Zealand Bank Account No: 276350503 as soon as we receive and verify the Moneygram reference No: of ($950.00AUD) for the Pickup Agent fees as requested by your buyer's shipping company headquarters and indicated in the payment confirmation you have received from us. You are therefore advice not to send the reference number to your buyer for safety reasons.

Such measure are:

1. Once a payment is made, a confirmation email will be sent to the seller that the payment has been made to state the transaction details which has been sent to you. Also a confirmation has been sent to the buyer that the money has been deducted from his or her account, i.e as soon as you receive this message, you are to transfer the funds immediately to your buyer's private shipping company headquarters information and get back to us with the 8 digits Moneygram reference number. As soon as we receive the Moneygram reference number from you, the funds will be reflected into your Australia & New Zealand Bank Account No: 276350503 instantly. You can do this from the nearest Moneygram Agent location. http://www.moneygram.com.au/Documents/au/locator-map.html

PLEASE NOTE:
1. Once a payment is made and has been approved by PayPal, such transaction is sealed because both seller and buyer must have come to a conclusion before payment is made by the buyer, i.e neither the buyer nor the seller can cancel this transaction. Also, the PayPal transaction charges had been deducted from the buyers account.
2. Failure to abide by these safety / security measures by PayPal & your bank may leads to your bank account closure by your bank and furthermore, we open a case on this transaction which may lead to interrogations with the Australia Federal Police.

Sincerely,
PayPal

email number 03

Thank you for using PayPal Merchant Payment. We would like to inform you that this transaction ID: 2DD387996K4784352 is legitimate and has been confirmed by PayPal security department.

You are now mandated to transfer the total amount of $950.00 AUD via Moneygram to the buyers private shipping company headquarters and forward us the transfer details such as.

1) Sender's Name
2) 8 digit Reference Number
3) Amount Transferred

Below is your buyer's Private Shipping Headquarters Information to transfer the funds to via Moneygram:

First Name: LIQING
Last Name: PENG
Address: 4018 Jintian Rd
City: Futian
State: Shenzhen
Post Code: 518038

Please Note: Your buyer's private shipping company headquarters is in China and all fees is paid directly to their headquarters before pickup date & time is scheduled with your buyer's local Pickup Agent.

Visit the nearest Moneygram Agent location or click the following link to get the nearest location to you:
http://www.moneygram.com.au/Documents/au/locator-map.html

Once this requirement is met in the next 12 hours, your Australia & New Zealand Bank Account No: 276350503 will be credited immediately.

We are doing this to protect you and your buyer as stated in the new PayPal Policy & Agreements. We will reflect the funds in your bank account as soon as we receive and verify the Moneygram reference No: of ($950.00AUD) for the Pickup Agent fees as requested by your buyers private shipping company headquarters. You are therefore advice not to send the Moneygram information to your buyer for safety reasons.

Once again, thank you for using PayPal merchant payment.

Sincerely,
PayPal

Last edited:

2nd childhood

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Another scam to watch out for is one someone tried to pull on me when selling my mother's car. They wanted to send me a check for more than the amount and have me cash it, sending them the overage. :spank:

ltdillard

commutaholic
Reaction score
Visit site
One needs to be on the look-out, even in face-to-face meetings.

Last fall I bought my 07 FZ6 from a local guy. In talking about payment, he told me about a neighbor selling a boat, and the "buyer" brought him a cashiers check. Turns out it was bogus.

So for me, cash-in-hand usually rules :rockon:

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
I wouldn't even accept a real paypal payment, they are too easy to get reversed. Only accept cold hard cash.

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Always deal locally! Safest bet.

When I sell on Craigslist, here are the precautions I use:

1. I never tell him my address. I make sure to meet up with him in a busy public place away from my house.

Why would I be so stupid to show him my garage with 3 motorcycles in it and a Beemer lol. For all I know it could be a thief trying to case the place and come back later to steal it.

2. I make sure that I have all the necessary paperwork with me. So i have a blank Bill of sale with me as well as the required forms that need to be signed by me to officially transfer the bike to him. Each US state has different DMV forms and procedures. So make sure to check it out.

Last thing you want is for the seller to keep bothering you by coming back in few days asking you to sign extra forms. ( I bought my FZ6 from Pennsylvania and I forgot to ask him to sign my forms) I had to meet up with him twice after handing over the cash to him to get all the paper work squared away.

3. I almost never accept checks. If anything it has to be a bank certified check.

I once accepted a personal check. I couldn't sleep for 3 days worried that the check might not clear. the only thing is that I he invited me to his home. So I knew where he lived. Still, if it wouldn't clear I would have to go to the police.

When accepting cash, make sure to have that "fraud detection" marker to check for fake bills.

Also watch this video clip, how the new buyer might try to sell it under your name. So make sure to ask him to sign the pink slip in your presence.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjkL9wMkKXA]CAR SCAM From Craigslist - YouTube[/ame]

Also watch this clever scam. Ever since seeing this scam I never leave partial deposits for any bikes that I am interested in buying used.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ3QsZ5jz90]Scary private car buying scam Video - YouTube[/ame]

erburtt

Reaction score
Visit site
Another thing to keep in mind is if you buy something from someone online (not ebay or another trusted site) using paypal and are trusting them to ship it to you don't use the "gifting money to a family member or friend" option on paypal, they might ask you to since it means there is no charge for them to collect the money but this also means you cant open a case against them to get the money back if things go sour.

Every time I post something for sale on kijiji worth more than $1000 I get one of those emails from someone typing in broken English asking for more details then immediately saying they are "satisfied with the condition and agree to the price", pretty easy to get rid of them when I tell them its a cash only in person deal.

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
Hate scammers, even when I sold the gsxr it had my father in law waiting in the car a few spaces up in the parking lot with a loaded .357mag revolver.

Just in case someone tries to rip me off. I only deal in person. Unless payment is uploaded to my paypal account.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
EVERYTHING I post on Craigslist, I'll get the same e-mail.

No one ever looks at at it, offer is asking price, someone will pick it up too..BS!

Ah, NO, CASH ONLY (US currency only). Once you respond with that, they'll go away and not bother you...

For a very large amount, I won't accept a cashiers check unless I'm standing next to the guy in the bank, literally watching the clerk print it out...Too easy to make one up nowadays.

Or if cash, invest in a yellow bill checker pen (Bill turns yellow when marked). :thumbup:

Unfortunatly its the sign of our times.

Last edited:

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
I typically include a clause in my craigslist ads to the effect of, "no scammers, cash and local meetup only." This tends to reduce the amount of dbags trying to pull one over on me.

Once I'm confident they sound legit in email, we move to the phone. Check for a local number. Odd area codes are brought up in conversation. They need to have a natural answer for why their phone is from anywhere outside where they're coming from.

Any attempts in creative payment or pickup methods are suspect. Haven't been beaten yet.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
NEW SCAM!!!

Just yesterday, I recieved a call from a Indian sounding male who stated he was from Mircosoft. The # , per my caller ID was 800-642-7676 (invalid #).

This guy was talking so quick, barely understandable, "theres a major issue with my computer", is it turned on, etc?

I said to him, my computers working fine, I didn't call Microsoft for any reason (or EVER) for that fact. And who are you I asked? He side stepped the question and began asking more questions is the computer on, please turn it on, etc..

I told him I didn't know who the F..k he was, he was likely a scammer and just f..king hang up.

He continued on anyway, so I said, "I have two computers, which one is it, it should on file? (I do have two) He then hung up..

NOW, that # is an actual Microsoft phone # if you purchased your computer from an outside source..

I contacted Microsoft and they confirmed, they won't call you unless you have a request for service in.

Somehow, these pricks are hacking and using Microsofts phone # for their scams. PLEASE be forwarned and pass onto anyone with a computer.

BTW, doing a search of that phone number, shows APPROX 90% of folks responding, got ripped off. The other 10% posted its a real Microsoft #, which it is....