Thoughts on Trade and Value of These Farkles: Help Please...

Pseudo-Fed

Reaction score
Visit site
Edited to add: I've decided what I'm trading on the bike and what I'm selling (Pending trade of my bike). Please see my sales thread in Bike Parts for Sale. Thank you!

THIS IS NOT A SALES THREAD. I MAY be selling these items if I take them off the bike. My reason for posting is to get your feedback on trade value offered with and without these adds to the bike. If I pull them off I will list them here in the appropriate place.

Please do NOT reply here with offers or PM me offering to buy any of these things. These replies/PMs will be ignored. I'm really just looking for thoughts on values of these items and whether the dealer is shafting me or not. And if/when they become for sale I will follow the rules and post accordingly.

2009 FZ6, 4050 miles. 600 and 4K services done by selling dealer. Paid $5650 plus $450 for 48 month YES warrant in August 2011. There is not a mark on the bike, and I have all the stock parts as well as the farkles listed below. Obviously couple of small rubs on the bags, but all else like new.

I'm trading on a 2013 FJR, which I'll get $1000 below MSRP with no freight or prep. Trade offer from dealer is $4600 stock bike or $5100 as is with the following. Please see list of farkles, approximate price I paid, and Pics below. Your thoughts on value of farkles if sold separately and/or trade offers would be appreciated. I've seen KBB and NADA values, which sometimes apply and sometimes not here in DFW area. I completely realize farkles are a give away and not all people value them the same, and they are generally not in dealers trade offers ! Thank you!

Givi V35N Paid $480
Givi PLX360 $166
Givi FZ351 $76
Madstad Shield System $279
Puig Racing Screen (Keep) $85
Headlight Modulators $169
Taillight Modulators $69
Charguard Volt/Ammeter $150
Bar Ends $70
Motovation Frame Sliders $79
Motovation Front Axle Sl $59
Motovation Rear Axle Sl $62
Battery Tender pigtail $10
Gerbings pigtail $15

2c6afde8.jpg

75a335c8.jpg

133ec74b.jpg

Another pic or two, but Givi Top Box is NOT in this trade:
b0c84a10.jpg

987e0a33.jpg

a789551f.jpg

Oh, and so you don't feel sorry for me giving up Sarah, the new girl:
03CAA2FD-7A9C-4BA1-911C-4BBFC06564A8-279-00000011341CF16D.jpg

D7AA8336-844D-49CF-9C21-42E00A53B817-279-0000001134918A6A.jpg

And I'll be keeping Maggie at least for now:

ce5227e7.jpg

Last edited:

7UPyours

Reaction score
Visit site
I think it is somewhat of a fair price, specially on a trade in, you could possible get 500-1000 more in private sale but that means you could be sitting on this bike for a while. If you were NOT to trade in fz6, would they still give you $1000 off that FJR? and would that be a financial issue? Bottom line, I would give this FZ6 up for $5100 to the dealer to get an FJR and not waste my time with private sale.

Last edited:

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Unless you want to hassle with removing and selling the farkles I would take the 5,100 in trade.

As a long time gen 1 FJR owner until a deer killed it I can tell you the new genIII FJR is da bomb! The boys on the FJRForum who have owned previous FJR's and bought a 2013 love it.

PS. Get your YES contract from D&H in Cullman, AL. or show your dealer their price and have him come close or match it.

Pseudo-Fed

Reaction score
Visit site
I think it is somewhat of a fair price, specially on a trade in, you could possible get 500-1000 more in private sale but that means you could be sitting on this bike for a while. If you were NOT to trade in fz6, would they still give you $1000 off that FJR? and would that be a financial issue? Bottom line, I would give this FZ6 up for $5100 to the dealer to get an FJR and not waste my time with private sale.

Yes, I could still buy the FJR for the discount. Thinking about whether I could get at least, oh, let's say, $750 net from sale of the "stuff" after shipping costs, etc. It IS a hassle, but I'm just a couple blocks from a UPS store. That is the decision........:confused:

Last edited:

Pseudo-Fed

Reaction score
Visit site
Unless you want to hassle with removing and selling the farkles I would take the 5,100 in trade.

As a long time gen 1 FJR owner until a deer killed it I can tell you the new genIII FJR is da bomb! The boys on the FJRForum who have owned previous FJR's and bought a 2013 love it.

PS. Get your YES contract from D&H in Cullman, AL. or show your dealer their price and have him come close or match it.

Thanks. I'm on 3 FJR forums!! And my dealer is matching D&H's $389 YES price. Well, we agreed on $395, but my dealer is less than 30 mins from my house....;)

And I'm really not trying to be cheap. At least this dealer is giving me SOMETHING for the farkles. I'm wondering if folks would buy most of these things since winter is coming....

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh man! You're gonna end up with my dream garage!! FZ1 + FJR!

As for de-modding the bike.. you need to decide if the hassle of pulling farkles off / posting them for sale / packing / shipping is worth ~$400-600 to you.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

+1 on the above. Depending on how much free time you have on your hands I don't think I'd screw with selling everything separatly...

Only a couple of those farkles will fit on the FJR, maybe pull those...

BTW, I'm currently developing helmet lock brackets for the Gen III FJR as they've changed some "real estate" from the 2012. You don't have any helmet locks on the FJR like the FZ. My brackets actually use the FZ locks. The pic's with the roundish objects underneath are BMW style electrical outlet options...

Some pic's from an 2012, likely to be some slight mods for the 2013. The pic with the hook is a 2013 which is new :(.... All brackets are now frame matching silver (as in the first picture). BTW, the guys so far LOVE the bike, especially in the "sports mode"...

Oh, and congrates, you'll really like the bike... It is Considerably FASTER than the FZ without trying...

Last edited:

Pseudo-Fed

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on the above. Depending on how much free time you have on your hands I don't think I'd screw with selling everything separatly...

Only a couple of those farkles will fit on the FJR, maybe pull those...

BTW, I'm currently developing helmet lock brackets for the Gen III FJR as they've changed some "real estate" from the 2012. You don't have any helmet locks on the FJR like the FZ. My brackets actually use the FZ locks. The pic's with the roundish objects underneath are BMW style electrical outlet options...

Some pic's from an 2012, likely to be some slight mods for the 2013. The pic with the hook is a 2013 which is new :(.... All brackets are now frame matching silver (as in the first picture). BTW, the guys so far LOVE the bike, especially in the "sports mode"...

Oh, and congrates, you'll really like the bike... It is Considerably FASTER than the FZ without trying...

Thanks. Sweet locks. May need them.....

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
If you sold things separately, I would estimate making ~60% of new value for selling off mods. Just what I've noticed over the years.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks. Sweet locks. May need them.....

I just mailed off all available (2012 model) 6 styles and an additional modified one to a guy in Highland,Texas to try out, see how they fit, modifcations/pic's etc, so I can make new directions and any mod's..

Should be a doable...

You'll really like that FJR. With the bags off, it handles better and IMHO, looks better too...

Your new 2013 up close:

Last edited:

OneCheekRider

One Cheek On The Seat!
Reaction score
Visit site
IMO, that's a good trade in. I'd personally sell the add-ons separately and use the extra dough towards the new ride (gas, tires, mods, etc)

On a side note - Your FZ6 is everything I wish mine would be...right down to the color blue (mine's red) and now you're getting the new FJR...you suck! :Flip:

just kidding! sweet purchase & super jealous! :thumbup:

Pseudo-Fed

Reaction score
Visit site
IMO, that's a good trade in. I'd personally sell the add-ons separately and use the extra dough towards the new ride (gas, tires, mods, etc)

On a side note - Your FZ6 is everything I wish mine would be...right down to the color blue (mine's red) and now you're getting the new FJR...you suck! :Flip:

just kidding! sweet purchase & super jealous! :thumbup:

Thanks. I could always sell it before I trade it....:BLAA:

Seriously. You guys have made me think. Maybe I'll try to sell this whole immaculate bike before next week at a good price and still come out ahead. I have title in hand....

Last edited:

Pseudo-Fed

Reaction score
Visit site
I've decided what I'm trading on the bike and what I'm selling (Pending trade of my bike). Please see my sales thread in Bike Parts for Sale. Thank you!