ThisIsBenji's FZ6

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
Figured I would start a thread showing the mods I make to my bike over the time that I own it.

Current Mods
OES Frame Sliders
FZ6N Conversion
RhinoMoto Bar Ends
CRG Arrow Mirrors
Leo Vince Exhaust

Future Mods
Power Commander?
Setback Plates
R6s Forks
Ohlins Shock
Renthal Bars
The2Wheels Shorty Levers
Fender Eliminator
Lower Cowl

Here she is on the first day I brought her home.

Last edited:

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
The previous owner had installed some frame sliders onto the bike. But they had metal tips that looked like they would do more harm than good in a slide. So I purchased some OES extended sliders and installed them today.

Next up is getting rid of the fairing and adding a VS01 headlight.

Last edited:

Fazer'd

Reaction score
Visit site
Did you buy a power commander yet? I have one I might be selling. It works good with a stock map but I don't have the extra money to get it dyno and have it properly tuned. It's a Power Commander III.

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
Installing the VS01 kit was pretty straight forward. There are two slight issues that I ran into though.

1. The headlight stay is kind of bent so the whole assembly isn't quite squared up on the bike. I'll probably just get used to this.

2. There's a slight rattle that comes from somewhere in the speedo region at certain RPMs. I believe this is caused by the speedo bracket hitting a screw on the headlight stay. I'v tried to fix it so no contact is made, but I can't figure that one out. So I'v tried to add some material in between to dampen the vibrations.

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
I wasn't really digging the mirrors that came with the VS01 kit, so I went ahead and got some bar end mirrors.

I went with RhinoMoto bar ends + CRG Arrow mirrors.

These are very high quality parts that I would recommend to anyone interested. The RhinoMoto bar ends took about a minute to install and look OEM. While the lack of vibrations along with the field of view offered by the CRGs is absolutely amazing.

There was one little snag though.

As can seen above the clutch lever almost hits the mirror, and this is after adjusting my clutch lever downwards. If I would have left my clutch lever as is it would slam into the mirror.

Time to add new levers to my list.

It amazes me how every mod I do just leads to another. :banghead:

Last edited:

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
Damn... I don't know what happened to those Flickr photos. I'm going to start using photo bucket exclusively for forums.

Anyways, I'v made some changes.

Different headlight, Leo Vince Pipes, and T30 tires.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Getting closer to looking like Wavex old bike. His was the nicest looking naked FZ6 I've ever seen. You need to add a lower cowl.

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
Just added those two items to the list.

I'v been thinking about them actually, but I'm just so undecided which way to go.

Most of the fender eliminators I'v seen in my limited research have only been slightly less bulky than the stock fender. I might have to try and make something myself.

I'm a little undecided on the cowl as well. It seems that they're not too readily available, and the ones that I can find for sale have crummy photos posted. If I get one I'd like it to cover the entire bottom of the bike (similar to track plastics). I would go the OEM route, but those suckers are EXPENSIVE.

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I added a fly screen today. I know that's kind of against the naked conversion but what the hell, I still like the look better than the half fairing. The wind protection is actually pretty good as well. On the plus side it only takes about three minutes to take it on or off. So if I'm not exceeding 65 MPH it can stay off.

FZSexy

Reaction score
Visit site
holy cow this bike looks AWESOME!!

one day i am going to do this to my bike unless i get a naked bike first. i mean the FZ6 is almost naked even with faring, but seeing something like this makes me want to go "true" naked with it

and when i say "do this" to my bike i mean the color, style, parts....everything!

hope you don't mind, OP? and i hope its not too epxensive? maybe corners can be cut, or i can do it bit by bit? but this nearly BLACKED OUT 'n NEKKED FZ6 looks sweet, those exhaust tips, perfection! and the flyscreen is just right! not an easy look for a naked bike

thanks for the inspiration :cheer:

Last edited:

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
nice and clean...only this licence plate holder needs to go :)
it's to big for small plate

In due time.... for some reason it doesn't really bother me.

holy cow this bike looks AWESOME!!

one day i am going to do this to my bike unless i get a naked bike first. i mean the FZ6 is almost naked even with faring, but seeing something like this makes me want to go "true" naked with it

and when i say "do this" to my bike i mean the color, style, parts....everything!

hope you don't mind, OP? and i hope its not too epxensive? maybe corners can be cut, or i can do it bit by bit? but this nearly BLACKED OUT 'n NEKKED FZ6 looks sweet, those exhaust tips, perfection! and the flyscreen is just right! not an easy look for a naked bike

thanks for the inspiration :cheer:

The nice thing about having a converted FZ6 is that people don't know what it is so you get a lot of question. I would imagine that with a bike that already came as a naked people would recognize it.

I haven't spent too much money, but the flyscreen was expensive. I had to order it from Italy, I probably could have gone for a universal fit for much cheaper.

The mirrors that I picked were also very expensive. About $90 per mirror, in addition they are mounted on Rhinomoto bar ends $70. Money could be cut there for sure.

Last edited: