This Morning

Norm

Senior FZ6 Advisor
Reaction score
Visit site
in my garage:

Norm: You ready pal?
Fizz: Your wife just said it's 20 degrees out, "unseasonably cold for this time of year"

Norm: Since when do we listen to her?
Fizz: Well we don't but I might get frost bike.

Norm: You mean frost...never mind. You've ridden in colder than this.
Fizz: Yea but it's been so nice the past week I was just getting used to the warm weather.

Norm: You'll warm up. You always do!
Fizz: Yea, you're right. Say, did I tell you what happened the other day?

Norm: No, what?
Fizz: Well there were these two Harley's, a rabbi, and a priest...

Norm: Is this a joke?
Fizz Of course it's a joke.

Norm: Can we get to work first?
Fizz: Killjoy.

20 degrees F and the wind, which was considerable, made it feel like 20 below. I had on my long johns, lined pants, Joe Rocket armored pants, fleece jacket, leather jacket, scarf (underneath), thick boots, ski gloves, and the Shoei full face helmet. My fingers got pretty cold, but otherwise I made it intact.

ferrariman

Reaction score
Visit site
in my garage:

Fizz: Your wife just said it's 20 degrees out, "unseasonably cold for this time of year"

Fizz: Yea but it's been so nice the past week I was just getting used to the warm weather.

20 degrees F and the wind, which was considerable, made it feel like 20 below. I had on my long johns, lined pants, Joe Rocket armored pants, fleece jacket, leather jacket, scarf (underneath), thick boots, ski gloves, and the Shoei full face helmet. My fingers got pretty cold, but otherwise I made it intact.

hahahhahaha Nice one...
Feeel sorry for you bro...I wonder how you do it...but yes..the hunger to ride can beat any odds....
its gonna be in late 60s here..and in early 70s here in the weekend...can you ask for better conditions to ride than this here in cali??????

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site
It is supposed to be 75 as the high today :thumbup:, but rain the rest of the week :(. Oh well, at least I have today. I am going to have to have a talk with my bike to see what is on his mind. I did not know my bike knew jokes....or maybe I am the joke :D. Glad you got out. Sometimes you just have to ride.

Last edited:

Norm

Senior FZ6 Advisor
Reaction score
Visit site
hahahhahaha Nice one...
Feeel sorry for you bro...I wonder how you do it...but yes..the hunger to ride can beat any odds....
its gonna be in late 60s here..and in early 70s here in the weekend...can you ask for better conditions to ride than this here in cali??????

You're killing me.

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
I feel for you man. I bought my bike in September and have yet to ride it through a summer. All I know is cold weather - so far! I can't wait for the hot weather to come and stay.

doc_simple

Meat Popsickle
Reaction score
Visit site
Man to Fz6: Hey have you seen those new Harley's? They might give you a run for your money!

Fz to man: Did you know that 98% of all Harley's ever made are still on the road?

Man to FZ: Wow! I didnt know that, thats one more reason to...

FZ interrupts man: Yup the other 2% actually made it to the garage!

Maycyn

Reaction score
Visit site
Way to get out there, regardless of the temp! I was out on mine yesterday, wiping snow off of my face shield and smiling the whole time :thumbup:

schleppy

Reaction score
Visit site
I rode to work today too (and I'm in MA), it was a cold ride in, that's for sure. I'm on an SV650 (naked), so I felt ever single gust of the chilly morning air :D Thankfully my Fieldsheer Adventure gear kept me warm.

ferrariman

Reaction score
Visit site
You're killing me.

here in Bay area every possible "ridable" roads are filled with bikers these days...looks like they were soo hungry to get their 2 wheels out...damn...I have run out of counts of number of riding groups in the road these days...bcoz of weather conditions..I get to see riders every 2 mins...California offers one of the best places(and weather) for riders if you didnt know:rockon:

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
in my garage:

You need to take your Fizz inn!!!!

No Fizz in perfect condition would ever lower itself to mentioning Harley's ....

Norm

Senior FZ6 Advisor
Reaction score
Visit site
I told my wife I'll do one more winter here. That's it. Then I/we need to get someplace warm, with my bike, for at least January and February.

J

jsteinb95

I seriously hope that your "conversation" with your FZ, was an exaggeration....otherwise, you need counseling! ;);)

You need to move to CALIFORNIA!!!! It was 90 degrees last week!

Last edited by a moderator:

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Or Australia... great weather all the time (except it's trying to rain today :( )

Just on Harley's, went to pick my daughter up from school yesterday, harley pulls up at the intersection (rider wearing shorts, t-shirt and sandals), as the light turns green, he tries to pull away, the (new looking) harley coughs, splutters, starts to go around the intersection very slowly, continues to move slowly... just down that road is another intersection... about 30 seconds later, I can still hear the harley coughing and spluttering.. then, an almighty BANG (engine exploded???)... I just giggled, and thought, Thats what you get for 1) riding a harley, and 2) being a squid.

:)

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
Time to invest in electric gloves - I've been riding and they really make it a lot more enjoyable to have toasty hands. I can't believe I used to do it without them before - guess I'm getting soft.