new personal record this morning

ready2goriding

Reaction score
Visit site
9 degrees F for my 45 minute ride to work today!!! I didn't run 80 very long though...

Pulled out my secret weapon...my indoor volleyball kneepads. They keep my outer pants off my legs, and it makes a very big difference.

the ends of my fingers wer cold about 20 minutes in, but that is right before I get into town, where things slow down and I have brief stints at stoplights to warm them a little on the grips. No holding in the cluth at lights this morning..That lever's cold! I couldn't have went much further though, as the ends of my fingers were pretty darn cold by the time I got here...

That is AWESOME? What gear did you use? If I can find out, I'm buying it! Been to 26 degrees F for my 50 minute commute, & nearly DIED (of cold!)! I gotta know! Knee-pads- who would have thunk it! :eek:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Kudos to all you cold weather riders!

If I lived in your part of the country, I would be riding in the cold too. But to be honest, I don't even know what it's like to ride in that cold of weather because I never have. I've been in extremely cold weather, just never have ridden in it. Just like many of you don't know what it's like to ride when it's 115 degrees with full gear on. Don't worry, payback is coming for me in July.

ReblTeen84

Übernerd
Reaction score
Visit site
ahhhhh, it's 71 degrees here in Cali and RISING! Supposed to get to 81 Farenheit!

Note: to warm up your hands if you don't have heated grips, at the stoplight or as you ride (left side only when riding), reach down and put your gloved hands on each side of the engine cases. They're nice n hot, but come through as warm with gloves on! Works like a charm for those long lights!

Yeah, i've done that once or twice when I took it out and it got cold after i'd left...was above 50 when i left, was sinking south of 40 on the way back..