This is a news story that ran in houston awhile back.

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
I thought it was interesting since about 90% of the people i ride with do all that stupid stuff they were doing on the video. Just something to watch if your bored. Not trying to make any kind of statement with it.

[nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzRyRfqbSJg[/nomedia]

For entertainment purposes only.:thumbup:

W

wrightme43

I think the bikers that are doing this a stupid. I also think that most news reporters should be dragged into the street and beaten. They are just a different kind of scum.

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
I dont like the illegal drag race aspect of it but who hasnt powered up the front wheel a couple times..:thumbup:

Some may not like it but i think its neat to see people doing it in person. It takes a lot of practice and talent to be good at it. But like i said before....neat to watch. If you ever get a chance to i would say go to a stunt show.

Chaosratt

Reaction score
www.computing.zone
I have mixed feelings on this. If these guys want to go out and get themselves killed, then more power to them. They are just another type of adrenaline junkie. No one ever says bad things about rock climbers and sky divers even though one of them tends to die every once in a while. But what they are doing is endangering the public, and possibly causing damage to public property (guardrails are insanely expensive to repair, and guess who foots the repair bill when one of these guys splats themselves on it?)

I've always thought there should be a 2-3 mile stretch of pavement on the outskirts of every city, isolated from any other road where the bikers, tuners, etc can go and showoff without the chance of getting some innocent driver involved.
Not a track, with fees and rules (most big cities have a track, but still have people like this), just a stretch of pavement, not connected to the highway, where these guys can do their thing.

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm so glad i'm not alone on this one, those guys and girls on those bikes are stupid. This does not happen in my country (probably because cars are more favourable)...but I could well imagine that its a real problem in the US where road surfaces are good and straight.

g_general

StarFrazed
Reaction score
Visit site
Now I get it as to why my friends call me "organ donor" :rockon: They must have seen these guys in Houston... :Sport:

H

HavBlue

If these types of activities made sense they would make no sense at all. Yes, riding not unlike other dangerous sports has a measurable risk however, when that risk involves public property and the lives of innocent people the "Rule of Law" must be applied. Make no mistake about it, those people watching these events are not innocent. Rather, they are part of the driving force behind it and therefore carry a portion of the liability. In some locations a spectator can be fined for being at an illegal event just as the driver of a cage or rider of a bike can be. In other areas the participants will lose their rides and license as they should. Racing and stunting are for a controlled environment and so it should be. On the other hand when you live in a place like I do you may never see a cop and the back roads are wide open playgrounds. In any case, a certain amount of intelligence is required and any lack of said intelligence can be deadly.

So for me, all I can see are a bunch of squids and posers.........