This ever happen to you??

lilfuzz

Team Shenanigens
Reaction score
Visit site
I've had my FZ6R for almost two weeks and the other day I jumped on it to mive it behind my truck. I started it up and as soon as I placed it in 1st gear it died. I was like what the .............. After about 10 minutes of trying to figure out why it continued to die I said to hell with it. Dad and I started to load it up (I was gonna return the bike with a few choice words). Dad jumped on it and drove right off with it.:rant:Now I'm really pissed and like WTH??:rant: I was unaware of the kick stand saftey switch!!!!:banghead:

CZAR357

Reaction score
Visit site
:rof: It has happened to me too. First time I got on the bike it was already in neutral so I started it up with the kickstand down and took off with no problems. The second time was different. I went to start the bike and it wouldn't work.:confused: After five minutes of trying to figure it out, it dawned on me.:Flash: I flicked the kickstand up and drove off without a problem. What a noobie mistake!:squid:

lilfuzz

Team Shenanigens
Reaction score
Visit site
I felt so stupid once my dad showed it to me. He hasnt rode a bike in like 20 years and everything went fine for him. Im like what am I doing wrong. Im a noob, Ill be the first to admit it.

FizzySix

Drunken Philosopher
Reaction score
Visit site
Too funny.

Never had that problem with the bike, but had a similar problem with my first stick-shift car a couple decades ago. Test drove it, rode it home, no problems.

I went to show my mom, and it wouldn't start! Oh no, my new (used) car had died already!

I called AAA who came out, and it started right up. :confused:

As it turned out, there's a safety switch on the clutch, so that you have to have the clutch depressed in order to start it! Never having driven such a new stick-shift car, I had never encountered this safety feature, and had been trying to start it the way I'd started any other vehicle: brakes on, stick in neutral and clutch out...whoops.

lilfuzz

Team Shenanigens
Reaction score
Visit site
What man reads the manual. Honestly?? I know I dont and havn't screwed anything up really bad yet. :thumbup:

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
dont feel bad every once in a while i start up the bike and sit on it and go to leave and it dies when put i gear... duhhhh.. makes one feel a bit stupid but oh well we are human

lilfuzz

Team Shenanigens
Reaction score
Visit site
I didnt return the bike. I was going to but after I figured out what the problem was I put a few dents in my door with my head.:banghead:

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't done that but the way I park at home it can't happen. I pull in so that I have to back out, and I am too lazy to hold the clutch in while backing out so I have to put it in neutral. Still on you to put the kickstand up though :D

cbzdel

Reaction score
Visit site
Funny, my bike was delivered.. They took it off the truck and I was filthy and all nasty from painting, and I said just loop it around the driveway so I know everything is good. he did and it ran great.. I went and changed came back out, and killed it 4 times before opening the manual haha!

Ryan T

P.P.P.P.P.P
Reaction score
Visit site
Sometimes it's a good idea to a little time to read the manual. Especially when dealing with something that can kill you if you don't know the ins and outs of it.

chimneydoc

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just my opinion, I think that everybody has done it whether they admit to it or not. I think this comes under the catagory of killing the bike at a stop sign buy letting the clutch out to fast, or trying to start your bike with the kill switch on. The longer you have your bike the odds are that you will. Remember the number of people watching you is inversely squared to silliness of your action. I have been there, done that.

Doc

O

olan

hahaha! next time after buying a new bike, don't just ignore the manual! haha! it never happen to me although i didn't read the manual! hahaha! be careful next time man!

Raid The Revenge

Reaction score
Visit site
:rof: I HEAR YA MAN...try to kickstart an XS650 with the gas turned off!!! tired and stupid!!:rof:

Oh yeah?

Try taking a 500 lb motorcycle that WILL operate with the kickstand down and make that tight left turn!

SCCCCCCCRRRRRRRRRRRAAAPE!!

Sparks flying everywhere. Birds flying away. It's horrible.

Last edited: