Thinking Of Buying This Bike... Good Deal???

wick001

Reaction score
Visit site
A guy is selling a 2003 Red Kawasaki ZX-6R 636cc with 509 original miles for $4300.

Good deal? Good bike?

is it in good condition, ever been down? raced? if it is clean title and clean bike then i would say go for it!

SUPER LOW MILES!!! Sounds like it prolly has some gremlins...
Sounds fishy, but give'er a test ride, if she tickles your fancy take'er home.

Like everyone has already said. Has it been wrecked? Why is he selling it? Is there a problem with the engine? A fresh paintjob screams wreck. Make sure you have clean and clear title in hand when buying.

If all is kosher then it is a great buy. Just make sure to double check everything and test ride it.

That is awfully low miles. First service not even done. Either he scared himself with it, or he has dropped it. I would advise checking it out completely, especially seeing if anything feels bent.

Yea you better check it out real good.a guy wanted to sell me a gixxer 1000 for $5,000 05 model with a little over 1,000 miles that were all from the drag strip it turned out!!!! BUYER BEWARE ask questions.

He said he bought it from a guy with 29 miles on it, the day after he bought it, he proposed to his girlfriend. She said she'd marry him if he got rid of the bike, which is why it had 29 miles on it...

He said HE, bought it in 2006, rode it once in 2007, and never in 2008. It's been in his garage since 2007, he starts it up once a week for 10 minutes, everything is factory on the bike, he said he gets to timid on it, and it's just not for him.

I know it sounds fishy, but who knows.

He said he bought it from a guy with 29 miles on it, the day after he bought it, he proposed to his girlfriend. She said she'd marry him if he got rid of the bike, which is why it had 29 miles on it...

He said HE, bought it in 2006, rode it once in 2007, and never in 2008. It's been in his garage since 2007, he starts it up once a week for 10 minutes, everything is factory on the bike, he said he gets to timid on it, and it's just not for him.

That's a believable story if I ever heard one! I'm sure if my wife told me to leave my brand new bike untouched in the garage for two years I'd comply, as would every other man I know!

really its not a bad deal even if it needs a little work ;you could put a few thousand miles on it, and still get your money back; if you wanted to sell it in a couple years.

Maybe it's just me being a grumpy suspicious disbeliever, - but if something sounds too got to be be true, - its usually NOT true ....

Do you know any bike mechanics that you could swing the bike by to have it checked out?

O yea and I dont think you have to worry about it had been a drag bike. 03 gxr 636 is carburated,and I wouldnt think twice about racin one with my fz6 because Ive rode a 03 636 wide open on the old hwy 80. 0-135mph and my fz6 is faster by a good second or more. 05-up is when Ninga caught back up to the sport bike crowd with a state of the art fuel injection system that has secodary injectors,that kick in during the power band curve while being forced in by a ram air valve body. so ride it make sure its got the power you were expecting.

It sounds like a great deal, but be careful. I almost bought a 2008 GSXR 600 from a guy in COlorado on craigslist for $4000. It had 200 miles on it. I immediately emailed him for information. His story was that he was working on an offshore oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico. He said the bike was waiting at a shipping company in his hometown in Colorado. When i went to the shipping company's website it looked like a 6 year old made it. I emailed him asking what was up with that and he took the add of craigslist within a few days. I was still kind of disappointed though :(

Does it have a salvage title? Or was the speedo not working?

I guess the price is about right for the type of bike and its age, maybe??? maybe not.

As others have said, be careful and remember there will be another good deal that comes along.

O yea and I dont think you have to worry about it had been a drag bike. 03 gxr 636 is carburated,and I wouldnt think twice about racin one with my fz6 because Ive rode a 03 636 wide open on the old hwy 80. 0-135mph and my fz6 is faster by a good second or more. 05-up is when Ninga caught back up to the sport bike crowd with a state of the art fuel injection system that has secodary injectors,that kick in during the power band curve while being forced in by a ram air valve body. so ride it make sure its got the power you were expecting.

The 2003 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636 is not carburated. It its Fuel Injected. 125hp, and should stomp a FZ6.

It should be pretty easy to tell if the bike is not original miles. I think I know what to look for... Tires, Chain, Forks, Engine, Paint, etc...

The 2003 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636 is not carburated. It its Fuel Injected. 125hp, and should stomp a FZ6.

It should be pretty easy to tell if the bike is not original miles. I think I know what to look for... Tires, Chain, Forks, Engine, Paint, etc...

Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I was pretty drunk when i posted last night 2002 model was the last carburated 636. the 2003 is 111.4hp and no it can't easily stomp an fz6.it would be a rider race if the weights are close.I'm not trying to be a jerk at all.I'm only trying to help you ;like you asked with this thread to make a desision if its a good deal or not.the price is deffinitly right!If your lookin for a massive increase in peformance you might get let down. P.S. I apoligize if I have offended you.

Last edited:
Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I was pretty drunk when i posted last night 2002 model was the last carburated 636. the 2003 is 111hp and no it can't easily stomp an fz6.it would be a rider race if the weights are close.I'm not trying to be a jerk at all.I'm only trying to help you ;like you asked with this thread to make a desision if its a good deal or not.the price is deffinitly right!If your lookin for a massive increase in peformance you might get let down. P.S. I apoligize if I have offended you.

I'm not offended at all...

2003 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636 - 125
Kawasaki ZX636R
http://www.motorbikes.be/en/Kawasaki_ZX-6R_2003.aspx

2008 Yamaha FZ6
New Page 2

Last edited:
Back