Thieves! This is getting ridiculous!

kenh

Ride Like Your Invisible!
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh yeah? My bikes sleep in my garage next to my two 15 lb wiener dogs! hahaha Blah

I don't have any dogs now, but I have always liked "wiener dogs" and they can sound the alarm if necessary, albeit something less than 120 db....

Know the names! Know the vehicle! Thanks Facebook! Warrants issued.

You or anyone should not have to live their life looking over their shoulder. I think it is prudent to place some protective measures in place as needed, but you have to live your life. Make sure you have the proper insurance coverage
and if your mastiff can't handle the job, get a couple of wiener dogs. :D
Anyway from what I remember there are not too many niners in your neck of the woods, so I believe you would probably be able to recover it and serve some justice. :spank:

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
I've heard this before, but I'm not so sure it's the way to go. If someone breaks into the house, IMO the first warning they get should be the sound of a 28" 12 gauge loading buck shot, and the second warning shouldn't be a warning at all.

Maybe I need to buy a shorter barrel for the Remmington, on that note.

I agree, chances are that the invaders gun isn't loaded with a less than lethal round.

JeffSez59

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm worried about mine getting taken too if I leave it outside while I run into the gym or store for a bit. Do you lock the front? How do they usually try and take it?

Yeah even that isn't enough. Many times they come with two pipes and just slide them in the wheels and lift the bike right into a pickup or van or what not

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

7UPyours

Reaction score
Visit site
Don't you guys have insurance on your bikes? Scumbag thieves will always be here and will take your stuff if they want it bad enough, even if you have a tank parked on your front lawn. I think it will be easier to deal with insurance co than being dragged thru court cuz you shot someone or your dog bit someone. Just saying

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
^ the reason make my day laws are so hard to get passed. Someone steal your first bike? If not you don't know.

He rips a guys face off in my yard at 3 am he will get a steak and a nice kennel out in the woods. What dog?

I do own pigs as well. And is have seen them eat everything from duck, deer, anything :)

Last edited:

AlexdeCatt

Reaction score
Visit site
Can't speak much for the US police but I used to work for the UK police and can say a common tactic is to go for scooters as they are easy to hotwire. Bikes generally aren't even safe in garages as they are secluded areas that are rarely alarmed. The ones where they are least likely to get stolen is in a visible area and chained/alarmed to buggery.
That's UK trends in just one part of the country though.

Without enhanced security on these things (alarm, GPS) its enormously difficult to catch offenders. I imagine made worse in the states with the bloomin size of the place.

thatguymike

Reaction score
Visit site
This may be a great read for you guys if your trying to figure out how they take bikes.

http://redd.it/t5shp

I stumbled across it a few months ago. Basically an ex-thief describes the best measures for securing your bike. And what thieves look for before attempting to take it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This may be a great read for you guys if your trying to figure out how they take bikes.

http://redd.it/t5shp

I stumbled across it a few months ago. Basically an ex-thief describes the best measures for securing your bike. And what thieves look for before attempting to take it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
Yeah I've seen that before, it's a great read. I couldn't stop haha

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thieves need to be shot! Sad when pepole screw with some one elses valuable motorcycles or anything for that matter. I do have a Scorpio alarm system for sale if anyone want's one. It's the 900 series and for 07-09 FZ6. I have had it for 4 years now and deciced to sell as I really don't need it. I have a garage and work is pretty secure. I would sell it for $200 it was bought for around $400. DAM Thieves.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thieves need to be shot! Sad when pepole screw with some one elses valuable motorcycles or anything for that matter. I do have a Scorpio alarm system for sale if anyone want's one. It's the 900 series and for 07-09 FZ6. I have had it for 4 years now and deciced to sell as I really don't need it. I have a garage and work is pretty secure. I would sell it for $200 it was bought for around $400. DAM Thieves.

Its tempting as I keep wondering when I'll return to find an empty nest.

I'd like to think a $4000 bike isn't worth taking but, you never know. So, making them look painful to take and to go for other options is our best defense.
For those who have PC running all the time there is a fine option of cameras and software. The software can be programmed to detect movement/change in a specified grid thus ignoring the greater population like cars moving in a parking lot. It sees and records them (whole area) but is only triggered when change occurs in a designated area. People walking past are not an issue. Lurking is detected, recorded, and broadcast. I may or may not have such software in use!

Also do a little reading on sonar and laser detection alarms. Think of point and shoot! (Filming people lol).

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
Thieves, no respect for someone's hard earned money. I'm surprised most people would even steal a FZ6. Not there's anything wrong with the bike... But to go to the extent for a 5000.00 $ bike when they could go steal a 15,000 or 20,000$ bike. It just seems the placed risk would totally not be worth it. I mean if your going to lay it on the line go all the way...

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thieves, no respect for someone's hard earned money. I'm surprised most people would even steal a FZ6. Not there's anything wrong with the bike... But to go to the extent for a 5000.00 $ bike when they could go steal a 15,000 or 20,000$ bike. It just seems the placed risk would totally not be worth it. I mean if your going to lay it on the line go all the way...

Opportunity!!

2nd childhood

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd like to think a $4000 bike isn't worth taking but, you never know.

Depends on why they're stealing it. If it's to turn around and sell, maybe not, but if they have a request for the specific bike or they're just looking for a joy ride, anything's fair game, unfortunately.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
We had more "car hopping" when I was still working it wasn't funny.

Steal one car, drive it for a couple of hours, drop it off in another complex/mall, steal another one (park the first stolen car there-VERY USUAL). By the time one gets reported, its already dumped and their in another one not reported stolen yet. Most of the times, it was just joy riding.

To join a gang that was often the initiation...

Last edited:

Burt2707

Reaction score
Visit site
So I read that post "thaguymike" linked, was really informative. Let me know of some methods thieves use and what not to rely on...

So funny story, Perth is the bike theft capital of Aus... it's been posted before but something along the lines of under half the population of the big cities (we're 2M, Sydney is 4.7M, Melbourne is 4.3M) double the thefts of said cities (very basic nothing solid numbers for indication only) is alarming (no pun intended)

Tonight my dog started barking.

I got up and checked it out, nothing there, but as I was going back inside, a man appeared in the driveway asking about his dog... (seems familiar from the article)

I couldn't find this dog, turned on the front light and everything. (although I believe there was one somewhere, my dogs aren't stupid)

Lo and behold, without asking/prompting, any invitation of the sort, he comes up the driveway with his phone for a light, right up beside the car, up to my bike, shining the phone light (like phones can't record) all over my bike, no dog in sight

Bam, motion sensitive disk lock is on bike again (3 beep warning gets set off by cats all the time, main event is 120db siren...), permanent fixture for the foreseeable future, and it will likely going behind gate most nights, hassle is not worth my fizzer.

This just rang too many bells from that ex thief's post, the only thing wrong is that he said they targeted 0-3 yrs as a priority, then up to 7... Mine is an 04 with 2 bloody great dents in the tank (gonna cost me a fortune to fix but after a year of procrastinating, finally getting them sorted next week, was a low speed high side due to lack of experience)

Still, never seen that fella around the neighbourhood before, but walking straight up someones driveway, using your camera phone as a light is a bit awkward, I turned on the front lights as soon as he mentioned the lost dog, being helpful, he walked up the drive with the phone/camera even after this...

I am seriously considering a solid anchor point for a solid chain in front of my gate, brother in law is in demo, can get big gear easily. Just HATE that I have to do this for a bike that cost me $3.7K. How paranoid will I be with one of those lightnings at $38K?