The Ugliest Rear Turn Signals Ever!

whyjay

Road Rash
Reaction score
Visit site
Its inspection time for the FZ. Because of my 2 Bros exhaust and FE kit, I am unable to put the factory signals back on because they don't fit the bracket nor will the ones that come with the exhaust pass inspection. So after an exhausting search on ebay I found these off a CB250. They fit the bracket, meet the requirements for DE inspection, and are the ugliest things I've ever seen.
Enjoy!
c16ae144.jpg

whyjay

Road Rash
Reaction score
Visit site
DaveTX: I use the ones that came with the 2 Bros exhaust. However I will be switching to LED's front and rear with Magic Blinker relays after inspection time.

D

Dave.TX

It's late, I'm tired. I didn't know Two Brothers included lights with their exhaust. Stop bustin' my ba77s! LOL

whyjay

Road Rash
Reaction score
Visit site
SawBlade: DE requires 3.5" diameter to pass. These are the biggest guadiest things i could find that would fit the 2 Bros Fe kit. Good news is I passed inspection today, so they are coming off and new LED's are going on in the next couple days!

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dude, those are some serious blinkers! :D I bet they're bright as heck. Save em for your next inspection. Or loan them out to your buddies.

Good to hear you're going back to the Two Bros LED. :rockon:

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
Those are wicked awesome, bro. I bet you get mad chicks with blinkers like that. :)

I went through the same process in Wilmington. Thankfully, the previous owner kept and included the stock parts. Haven't got around to putting the TB back on yet. Where you at in DE?

QuietEagle

Lovin' life
Reaction score
Visit site
I am guessing that the Manufacturers design their stuff with the most restrictive state in mind. Now we know which State :ban: to blame for most of the lackluster stock offerings in turn signals. I'm pretty sure there is another State :ban: that requires the blinkers be at least 8" from the center of the brake light. Another reason for large tail protrusions.

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
It makes me wonder if an integrated tail light would pass because it would be the right size just maybe in the wrong place.

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
3.5"? The stock ones don't seem that big. Maybe it's the teardrop shape that helps.

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
It makes me wonder if an integrated tail light would pass because it would be the right size just maybe in the wrong place.

I believe that "the law" in Texas states that turn signals must be 8 inches apart. I haven't heard of anyone failing inspection because of that law.

whyjay

Road Rash
Reaction score
Visit site
Pookamatic: I am in Del. City.
Forum: Passed inspection! New LED's are on order. Can't wait to get rid of these hideous lights.:Flip: ( at least for another 2 years until inspection again)

acniss

Reaction score
Visit site
two years between inspections! lucky I have one every year its a good thing i have my inspectors license to pass my vehicles no matter whats on them.