The reason I've been neglecting the FZ6....

Mexi-can't

Biker dude
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been busy on Jeep project. :D Aside from a few small things, it's finally "done", for now. They say Jeep stands for Just Empty Every Pocket and they're right!!

cj72.jpg

cj71.jpg

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks nice :thumbup: Never really wanted a jeep until the last couple years. I like the old style the best although the new 4dr. wranglers do occasionally catch my eye.

n1one

RIP Tom Eden
Reaction score
Visit site
Mexi....

Nice JEEP! Which is it a CJ-7 or a CJ-5? I can't remember what the years of mfg for each of the models.

I have had a CJ-7, early 90's YJ and also a 2000 TJ. My jeeps were the most fun vehicles I ever owned.....and they definitely drained my pockets...:rolleyes:

Thanks for posting...:rockon:

H8 PVMT

lovin' life
Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice, my 1st love is my 93 Wrangler. Living in CO you have so many great trails to ride I'm envious of you! I've built mine more for off roading, odd spending more money on upgrades and replacements than the original Jeep. :)

Mexi-can't

Biker dude
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Beautiful! What all have you done to it? :thumbup:

A little of everything it seems. It had some rust in the pan (typical) and that was a fun to repair/replace. I ended up buying another CJ7 just for parts and extra stuff. A few upgrades to the ignition, ditched the stock mechanical fan, small shackle lift, interior was sanded and put herculiner on it. Lots of small tedious things that no one will ever see too. Nothing too crazy, I just wanted a reliable good looking CJ. Plus it takes 2 minutes to take the doors off, or I have a set of half-doors from a Wrangler to go on. :thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Totally cool rig. Funny thing about them and I don't know whether it's because of it's unique wheelbase and weight but those things seem to get over and through stuff they shouldn't.
Ive got a pretty much stock 05 Rubicon and I love it!

Cliff

Mexi-can't

Biker dude
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thought I'd bump this and show the progress. It's become my daily driver for the past couple weeks and had it's first camping expedition last weekend. It's amazing what you can find driving a few miles down some of the "roads" near Lake City, CO. :D

0821091652.jpg

0823090929a.jpg

0823090906a-1.jpg

0822091605.jpg

0822091556a.jpg

0822091557.jpg

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
"Engineer Pass"... was that anywhere near Durango CO? I seem to have this memory... :confused:

Mexi-can't

Biker dude
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
"Engineer Pass"... was that anywhere near Durango CO? I seem to have this memory... :confused:

It's about 200 miles from Durango if you head east to Pagosa Springs, Creede, then north to Lake City. If you go north from Durango to Ouray (70 miles) then east about 10 miles you're there. Pretty places here in Colorado. Can you believe there was still snow?!?