The other, other woman...

MiFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
So I'm thinking of picking up a older style Ninja 250 as a guest bike and beater. Anyone else keep one of the cheap wonders around or is it slightly perverse to chose the 250 over the FZ6 for a quick ride?

Anyone ever created a "Mad Max" bike of sorts from this platform with custom crash bars and semi nobby tires? Something like this only without all the nice stuff. I just like the idea of that wrap around cage and the tires.

Thoughts?

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I keep a 125cc scooter around just for short jaunts and fun. It is really fun and easy to ride.

My son is dying for his first m/c and we're looking for a cheap Ninja 250 as well. Hope you find one too.

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
My wife has a 250 Ninja and only rides a few times a year. I try to ride it when I can to keep gas going through it and really enjoy it. It's a fun little bike, very lightweight, and can easily keep up with traffic on the interstate as well. Great gas mileage - we typically get around 75 mpg. Insurance is almost nothing and you can a pretty inexpensive one. Actually, we may be selling hers sometime in the next few months to get a newer Kawi or the CBR.

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm currently restoring one of my old mopeds.... an Aprilia RS50, with a really whining 80cc kit on it :rockon:
It always has been a blast to ride it, although it uses more gas than the FZ6 :eek:
But I love that 2stroke sound :D

Grtz,

Degake

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My wife has a 250 Ninja and only rides a few times a year. I try to ride it when I can to keep gas going through it and really enjoy it. It's a fun little bike, very lightweight, and can easily keep up with traffic on the interstate as well. Great gas mileage - we typically get around 75 mpg. Insurance is almost nothing and you can a pretty inexpensive one. Actually, we may be selling hers sometime in the next few months to get a newer Kawi or the CBR.

Post it for sale here if you decide to sell it. If someone on this forum doesn't buy it, we can probably find someone who will!

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
Ninja 250's a great little bike. Fun to play with, lots of fun to be had without being into triple digits. Used to love to shift up and down in the gearbox, pretty much rode it flat out. Well ridden a 250 can stay with much bigger bikes in the twisties.

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
Post it for sale here if you decide to sell it. If someone on this forum doesn't buy it, we can probably find someone who will!

Will do. It's a '89 with around 20k mi. Pearl white with red stripe, red wheels, all stock and in excellent condition. As soon as the weather breaks I'll get her out to ride a few of the new bikes. Once she decides, I'll post the Ninja.
Thanks!

CBallman

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a buddy in Minneapolis with an older 250 that he's looking to get rid of, its got a few cracks and dents but nothing severe if anyone is interested, PM me for more info.