New Member - DMV

robronaldson

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,

My name's Ron, I'm the proud owner of a 2006 FZ6. My Previous bike was a 2011 Ninja 250, which I owned for about a year - I figured I'd stick with the inline four, but go with something fuel injected...and faster :)

The PO has done a little cosmetic work to the front end - headlight mod, no fairings. It might not be for everyone, but coming from the ninjette (which is essentially all plastic) I love it even more for this.

She's just turned over 10,000 miles so I'm prepping a big list of maintenance items to do this weekend. She's got some cosmetic damage on the rear end - fell off a trailer at low speeds. Still, it was being sold for so cheap I had a mechanic look over the frame, forks and tires to make sure everything was sound. Still, for $2900 and no structural damage, I couldn't pass up the offer.

My only worry - I'm almost positive she's running lean, the headers are filthy, and the valves need to be synced. I'm pulling the spark plugs this weekend to verify if it is running lean, but it'd ease my mind to know exactly what the prior owner has and has not done. If anyone has a PC3 or carbtune they'd be willing to share, I'd pay in cash, beer, pizza, whatever. I've got family as far north as Cecil County, otherwise you can usually find me playing around on 211 in VA. :rockon:

Photos:
yJCTlFi

tNnzLAN

Last edited:

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,

My name's Ron, I'm the proud owner of a 2006 FZ6. My Previous bike was a 2011 Ninja 250, which I owned for about a year - I figured I'd stick with the inline four, but go with something fuel injected...and faster :)

The PO has done a little cosmetic work to the front end - headlight mod, no fairings. It might not be for everyone, but coming from the ninjette (which is essentially all plastic) I love it even more for this.

She's just turned over 10,000 miles so I'm prepping a big list of maintenance items to do this weekend. She's got some cosmetic damage on the rear end - fell off a trailer at low speeds. Still, it was being sold for so cheap I had a mechanic look over the frame, forks and tires to make sure everything was sound. Still, for $2900 and no structural damage, I couldn't pass up the offer.

My only worry - I'm almost positive she's running lean, the headers are filthy, and the valves need to be synced. I'm pulling the spark plugs this weekend to verify if it is running lean, but it'd ease my mind to know exactly what the prior owner has and has not done. If anyone has a PC3 or carbtune they'd be willing to share, I'd pay in cash, beer, pizza, whatever. I've got family as far north as Cecil County, otherwise you can usually find me playing around on 211 in VA. :rockon:

Photos:
yJCTlFi

tNnzLAN

Welcome to the best forum on the web.

Pic links are broken!

:needpics:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the forum, Ron!
Great looking bike and thanks for sharing the pics. I have a home made manometer, we can do the tb sync at my house if you don't mind coming down to Atlantic city.

Last edited:

dschult2

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome, nice looking naked you have there! You'll love the forum, the folks on it are awesome with tons of FZ6 knowledge. Looking at your posted photo you might want to check your chain tension, it's looking a little slack. Also if the fluids (brake, coolant, fork) haven't been changed that should be high on the list of things to do.

BlackMilk

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, can I ask what your fly screen setup is as im looking for one atm and yours has caught my eye.

Edit, it looks like the VS02 kit from dev_usc
Cheers

Last edited:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:Welcome to a new naked rider from another, enjoy the ride:welcome: