The one headlight on the "Home Page" bike...

hise0001

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm a new FZ6 owner ('05) and am really happy with it...

Looking at the bike with one headlight on on the homepage got me thinking.

Every time I pull up to a destination, people always say "you've got a headlight out". I tell them that its supposed to be that way and that both lights are on for high beams.

But looking at the homepage, the right light is on; however, for me, the left light is always on.... make me thing I do have a right low beam that is out and the homepage guy has a left low beam out.

Am I mistaken in my understanding that only one light is on for the low beam?

Hey I got the BD43 headlight mod and it's one of my favorites! It was fairly easy to install and the results are worth the dough!

I'm a new FZ6 owner ('05) and am really happy with it...

Looking at the bike with one headlight on on the homepage got me thinking.

Every time I pull up to a destination, people always say "you've got a headlight out". I tell them that its supposed to be that way and that both lights are on for high beams.

But looking at the homepage, the right light is on; however, for me, the left light is always on.... make me thing I do have a right low beam that is out and the homepage guy has a left low beam out.

Am I mistaken in my understanding that only one light is on for the low beam?

I've wondered the same, although not an issue for me as I've got BD43's excellent dual headlight mod :thumbup:

I've had a really close look at the photo and am certain it's not been "flipped" so I think needs clearing up as it is definitely confusing for new Fazer owners (an maybe a few older ones, not age, older but longer owning)

What would need to be clarified is where is that FZ6 Fazer from.

I think it's down the beam pattern of the left and right head light. On my UK spec Fazer the left headlight illuminates a flat beam pattern in front and then kicks up to the left (illuminating road signs), like this
http://www.motuk.co.uk/images/lights_diagram1.gif
lights_diagram1.gif

and the right headlight does a mirror image (kicking up to the right) which is why I cannot have the "extra" dipped beam working when I get the bike MOT tested as it would fail becasue of "blinding" on coming drivers/riders.

So my question would be what is the beam pattern on European / US /Asian Fazers? as illuminating only the right side for those who ride on the right side of the road would make sense.

I agree with the kit as well. The part he makes is very high quality and the price is very reasonable. I just did it today. Very happy with the results.

Next time someone tells you, "you have a light burnt out", just punch them in the eye.

That'll show 'em.

Back