The Go To Ride

Norm

Senior FZ6 Advisor
Reaction score
Visit site
Everyone has their favorite. The one they've done dozens of times. Like when they can't think where else to go because they've been everywhere within a day's ride. The one they take a new rider to when he asks you to lead him on a ride somewhere. I call it the "go to" ride. Here's mine:

First it's off to Salisbury MA for some "beach pizza"

utf-8BSU1HMDAxMzYtMjAwOTA0MTMtMTU0M.jpg

Tripoli pizza is a local institution. They call it beach pizza because it's at the beach (duh) and it is made a little differently. It has a thin crust, not much cheese, and a nice light and spicy tomato sauce. It's served in squares. In the summer, it's the happening place for teenagers.

utf-8BSU1HMDAxMjctMjAwOTA0MTMtMTU0M.jpg

Mr. Fizz poses for another picture

utf-8BSU1HMDAxMjgtMjAwOTA0MTMtMTU0M.jpg

Another view

utf-8BSU1HMDAxMjktMjAwOTA0MTMtMTU0M.jpg

And if you turn 180 degrees you'll see the good old Atlantic Ocean

utf-8BSU1HMDAxNDAtMjAwOTA0MTMtMTU1N.jpg

Heading out to Hampton Beach (NH) along route 1A I check the odo. Over 6500 miles in about 8 months. The miles just come easy on the Fizz. (no there's no hole on the odo screen, just the light playing tricks)

utf-8BSU1HMDAxMzktMjAwOTA0MTMtMTU1N.jpg

The view ahead

utf-8BSU1HMDAxNDEtMjAwOTA0MTMtMTYwM.jpg

Hampton Beach

utf-8BSU1HMDAxNDItMjAwOTA0MTMtMTYwM.jpg

Hampton Beach through the eyes of Mr. Fizz

utf-8BSU1HMDAxNDMtMjAwOTA0MTMtMTYwO.jpg

Handsome devil, ain't he

utf-8BSU1HMDAxNDctMjAwOTA0MTMtMTYyM.jpg

Norm

Senior FZ6 Advisor
Reaction score
Visit site
And we're off to Rye Beach (NH)

utf-8BSU1HMDAxNTAtMjAwOTA0MTMtMTYyM.jpg

Rye, NH

utf-8BSU1HMDAxNDktMjAwOTA0MTMtMTYyM.jpg

The long view

utf-8BSU1HMDAxNDYtMjAwOTA0MTMtMTYxN.jpg

Ocean? Hairpin turns? Put the camera down man and let's ride!

utf-8BSU1HMDAxNDUtMjAwOTA0MTMtMTYxM.jpg

Signs, signs, everywhere a sign. Nice ride, right?

utf-8BSU1HMDAxNDQtMjAwOTA0MTMtMTYxM.jpg

One more pose

Route 1A from Salisbury, MA to Portsmouth, NH. That's my favorite ride. Today it was as beautiful as ever. What's your go to ride?

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
Lately I've been picking some variation of the loops shown starting and ending in Peabody, MA. Stop for pictures - that would be insane, I'm too busy riding but maybe some time.

typical%20roads.jpg

granda080

Reaction score
Visit site
Norm, those are some beautiful pictures. Very nice views! I have a question for you. What do you have between your Cortech bags and the side of your bike? My bags like to rub the clearcoat off. I try not to use them because of this.
Again though, nice pictures!
Cheers

Norm

Senior FZ6 Advisor
Reaction score
Visit site
bcityroller,

I've hit a bunch of those places as well. Beautiful. I'm in West Newbury, MA, not far from Peabody.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Jeez Norm! My Go To Ride is almost the mirror image. I leave Dover and head into Maine to Wells, then pick up Rte 1 to Portsmouth. From there, I head out to Rye Beach, Hampton and then to Salisbury! Seems we should be meeting up on some of these Go To Rides!

Norm

Senior FZ6 Advisor
Reaction score
Visit site
Jeez Norm! My Go To Ride is almost the mirror image. I leave Dover and head into Maine to Wells, then pick up Rte 1 to Portsmouth. From there, I head out to Rye Beach, Hampton and then to Salisbury! Seems we should be meeting up on some of these Go To Rides!

Definitely.

Norm

Senior FZ6 Advisor
Reaction score
Visit site
Norm, those are some beautiful pictures. Very nice views! I have a question for you. What do you have between your Cortech bags and the side of your bike? My bags like to rub the clearcoat off. I try not to use them because of this.
Cheers

My friend sent me a link for a small online company that makes sheets of rubber/neoprene? they sell for lining kayaks. I bought a couple of 1 foot square pads (1/4 inch thick I think) and it has a peel away self stick side so I stuck that to the Cortech bags to provide protection to the bags and the bike. It works like a charm. No scratches to the bike and no damage to the bags. For the life of me I can't find the site tonight but I'll keep looking. Thanks for your comments.

Norm

Senior FZ6 Advisor
Reaction score
Visit site
Cheers

Found it!

Kayak Outfitting .com

FZyLarry

No power slides for me
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited: