The FZ6 Pony Express - route & riders & comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
I am meeting up with ant_mb at the Hawks nest outside of Port Jervis,NY tomorrow. This is a scenic mountain pull off from Route 97 that overlooks the Delaware River (Hawks Nest in Autumn - stole ant_mb's link from another thread). Car commercials have been shot on this stretch of road. Pray that the thunderstorms hold off!

Here is a link to the route the bag will be travelling. Thanks to Rider1a for helping to coordinate this with his GPS!

My computer is down (stopped by my daughter's to post this) but as soon as I get it working again I will post a couple of pics that I took while the bag was here in NY

rider1a

Reaction score
Visit site
I am meeting up with ant_mb at the Hawks nest outside of Port Jervis,NY tomorrow. This is a scenic mountain pull off from Route 97 that overlooks the Delaware River (Hawks Nest in Autumn - stole ant_mb's link from another thread). Car commercials have been shot on this stretch of road. Pray that the thunderstorms hold off!

Here is a link to the route the bag will be travelling. Thanks to Rider1a for helping to coordinate this with his GPS!

My computer is down (stopped by my daughter's to post this) but as soon as I get it working again I will post a couple of pics that I took while the bag was here in NY

Let us know as soon as you arrive. One idea for future riders is to also get the cell phone number of the arriving rider plus the license tag of their bike just in case of an emergency.

It looks like mild sunny weather at least in Port Jervis, :)

Fred

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Let us know as soon as you arrive. One idea for future riders is to also get the cell phone number of the arriving rider plus the license tag of their bike just in case of an emergency.

It looks like mild sunny weather at least in Port Jervis, :)

Fred

+2 on this, and i think a PM or a call to the next rider at least 2 days prior so thing get worked out.

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Well the bag changed hands today. Cheryl and I met right outside of Post Jervis NY at a place called the Hawks Nest. It has some really cool views of the Deleware river, and a twisty road to boot.

I also managed to somehow kill my battery on the ride up. Nothing like haveing to bump start your bike 130 miles from home!:D

Here is the map of my portion of the trip. I'll be dropping it off to RaVzTeR in teh morning.

Last edited:

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Well the bag is with its new keeper. I rode down to Maryland to meet up with RaVzTeR this morning. I know it wasn't a very scenic location, but it'll have to do.

Thanks to Kellina for riding along to take pics.:D

Last edited:

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well the bag is with its new keeper. I rode down to Maryland to meet up with RaVzTeR this morning. I know it wasn't a very scenic location, but it'll have to do.

Thanks to Kellina for riding along to take pics.:D

It's yours now
pony_express_049.jpg

And the bikes
pony_express_053.jpg

All ready to go
pony_express_058.jpg

So long
pony_express_059.jpg

Um, am I the only one who can't open these pictures???? :don'tknow:

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not sure what's going on. I had to right click and pick "show picture" just now for them to show up. Let me try and fix it.

RaVzTeR

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Metup with Ant_mb in Elkton, MD today, with rolling thunder happening in my back yard, the police presence was definitely felt (poor Izzie could not go full throttle).

The ride there and back wasn't too horrible, saw a crapload of cruisers (mostly harleys) and a handful of sportbikes, one of them had a guy without helmet and wearing nothing but gym shorts, a jersey and sneakers; got into a pseudo race with a Mustang with unnecessarily loud pipes and smoked him in the sweeps; almost got taken out by a red dodge charger and tailgated for a 15 mile stretch by a speeding honda accord...all in all, a normal riding experience in the DC metro area :).

Here are some pictures of my ride home, hoping to meet up with a VA rider this coming weekend, will update as I know more....pardon the helmet hair and my ugly noggin, good thing the fizzer is there to balance things out!! :p

Sorry I wish I had more time to socialize with you ant, had a group ride, a class at the community center to rush back to! now off to help my cousin move!

Picasa Web Albums - Ravz - FZ6 Pony Express

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
Great pics ravzter! If you get some time please post your route with google maps or the like, I love watching the progress. I am really surprised this thread is not more active, this is a really cool project. Maybe if this happens again there could be a group meeting/lunch at each hand-off point and have a group photo of all the FZ'er who show. Maybe on its return trip to the east coast. :thumbup:

Just a thought, perhaps some of you guys/gals who are power posters could advertize this thread in your signature.

Last edited:

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Guys,
The ride there and back wasn't too horrible, saw a crapload of cruisers (mostly harleys) and a handful of sportbikes, one of them had a guy without helmet and wearing nothing but gym shorts, a jersey and sneakers; got into a pseudo race with a Mustang with unnecessarily loud pipes and smoked him in the sweeps; almost got taken out by a red dodge charger and tailgated for a 15 mile stretch by a speeding honda accord...all in all, a normal riding experience in the DC metro area :).
Picasa Web Albums - Ravz - FZ6 Pony Express

Amen to that one hahaha. When you goin to VA? I may be able to tag along if I am free.

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
And this is how we ended the day after lunch

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPqXmdMIT1k]YouTube - Anthony has to pop start[/ame]

I hope you got it all sorted out Anthony! I also want to thank my friend Michele (will be sending her this link) for riding with me. The Pony Express bag has had an auspicious start her in NY first with my flat tire and then with Anthony's battery dying. I hope all goes smoothly from here. Ride safe everyone!

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Yea, I'm sure it will get better. Sorry I don't have any cool pics of the bag in Jersey, but with a dead battery I headed straight home.

I picked up a new battery today, so we'll see how that goes.

Sanctum11

Reaction score
Visit site
So where are we at right now? I've never done a "Pony Express" ride or anything of the sort but I'd be willing to donate to a cause and take some portion if it'd work out!

I'm very new to this idea so I apologize for my n00bness ;) I live in Eastern Washington State if that helps out at all.

Can't wait to hear from someone, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.