The FZ6 Pony Express - route & riders & comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

HorizonChaser

Reaction score
Visit site
Now that I have a bike again, I am more than willing to ride the bag around the Island of Oahu here in Hawaii if you can get it out here. Too bad they shut the inter-island ferry down, otherwise I could hit more islands for riding.

Cheers,:thumbup:

sempul

Reaction score
Visit site
well i see that the bag is getting close to the louisiana area. i iam more than willing to do my part from mississippi to texas. shreveport1 let me know if you already have this or just want some company on this ride. ill gladly help out on it.

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
actually in two weeks the bag will be taking the trip from St Louis to Dallas as long as rider1a is back from Colorado. Shreveport1 is scared of Texas so he is out.

I need to get the bag from stryken this week or next.

rider1a

Reaction score
Visit site
actually in two weeks the bag will be taking the trip from St Louis to Dallas as long as rider1a is back from Colorado. Shreveport1 is scared of Texas so he is out.

I need to get the bag from stryken this week or next.

Yep....I am back from Colorado and set for the linking up on July 18th, preferably slightly west of Dallas like Hico or Granbury if possible. I will then cruise into NM where the next rider takes over.

Yes, Texas will be very hot. It has been 105 degrees every day for quite some time. Add to this, the high winds and it should be a "fried ride". Anybody else who wants to ride with me is welcome to join me.

Cheers,

Fred

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Krid, when ever you want to meet up this weekend or next week will be fine with me. Friday night I have a poker game but other thatn that I should be good with any other plans. We have a new member/rider Elisabeth that contacted me a couple weeks ago and wants to go riding with us sometime. Maybe we can do a little ride and find a good place to hand off the bag and take some pictures. We could do the Arch or we can just ride south to elephant rock. Another option ride Ill. and take the ferry to St. Gen what ever you and Elisabeth want to do. I will pm her and have her watch this thread and we can work out what we want to do here. Anyone one else in the St. louis area is welcome to ride also, would be nice to get an area group together to ride from time to time.

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Krid, when ever you want to meet up this weekend or next week will be fine with me. Friday night I have a poker game but other thatn that I should be good with any other plans. We have a new member/rider Elisabeth that contacted me a couple weeks ago and wants to go riding with us sometime. Maybe we can do a little ride and find a good place to hand off the bag and take some pictures. We could do the Arch or we can just ride south to elephant rock. Another option ride Ill. and take the ferry to St. Gen what ever you and Elisabeth want to do. I will pm her and have her watch this thread and we can work out what we want to do here. Anyone one else in the St. louis area is welcome to ride also, would be nice to get an area group together to ride from time to time.

I'm looking forward to it!! Just let me know that plan and hopefully I can go. I also sent your message to fz6nick, who lives nearby, so hopefully he can join us, too! :Sport:

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
I'm looking forward to it!! Just let me know that plan and hopefully I can go. I also sent your message to fz6nick, who lives nearby, so hopefully he can join us, too! :Sport:

Liz, where you from?

I am thinking this Sunday will be our best opportunity. Anyone care to comment?

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Liz, where you from?

I am thinking this Sunday will be our best opportunity. Anyone care to comment?

I live in Columbia, IL, which is just across the river from South County. Sunday would work well for me. :thumbup: (Saturday 11-3, I am working an adoption event, so won't be available then.) Hopefully Sunday will work for Stryken.

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
I live in Columbia, IL, which is just across the river from South County. Sunday would work well for me. :thumbup: (Saturday 11-3, I am working an adoption event, so won't be available then.) Hopefully Sunday will work for Stryken.

I am very familiar with Columbia, IL. I travel through there frequently on my way to my hometown of Pinckneyville.

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
I am very familiar with Columbia, IL. I travel through there frequently on my way to my hometown of Pinckneyville.

Well, let me know when you have time to come over and ride so I can get more practice miles in! :D I am wanting to ride to work eventually, but have to take the PSB or JB bridge to get there. Not ready for that yet.

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
Sunday will work for me. It would work better for me if we could meet sometime after 12:30pm but if everyone wants to get out earlier than that I can probably make that happen. Any ideas on where we want to ride? And let me know on the time, if its a problem for anyone just let me know it not set in stone.

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Sunday will work for me. It would work better for me if we could meet sometime after 12:30pm but if everyone wants to get out earlier than that I can probably make that happen. Any ideas on where we want to ride? And let me know on the time, if its a problem for anyone just let me know it not set in stone.

Any time works fine for me! As for where, well, the Arch would be great for pics, but the All Star game festivities are this weekend, so that might be a tough time to go there. The other option is taking a pic from Illinois with the arch in the background? Or finding another scenic view would be good, too. I'm glad Sunday works for you! I am excited about being involved in this! :cheer:

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
First, Can I call you Liz or Eli? I hate typing the extra letters. (Lazy Gen X'r) :D

Ugh.. all star game traffic... I like your idea... A nice distant picture of the arch.

Elizabeth, are you not comfy getting on 270 at all or just on weekdays?
If you want to try the interstate out might be a good time, a weekend and we can ride behind and beside you to give you a buffer zone from the traffic.

Let us know it will help us make our plans, don't worry bout it though, if you are not ready maybe we can do a run down Bluff road and back or something. If fz6nick goes along maybe we can ride to the ferry, Krid and I can cross back into missouri there and you and fz6nick can ride back up bluff road. If you know some nice arch picture spots in that keeps us out of the city you can let us know. I remember you could see the arch from the apple orchard in millstadt. We could also ride there before going down Bluff Rd. Doesn't mater to me, just throwing ideas.

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
First, Can I call you Liz or Eli? I hate typing the extra letters. (Lazy Gen X'r) :D

Ugh.. all star game traffic... I like your idea... A nice distant picture of the arch.

Elizabeth, are you not comfy getting on 270 at all or just on weekdays?
If you want to try the interstate out might be a good time, a weekend and we can ride behind and beside you to give you a buffer zone from the traffic.

Let us know it will help us make our plans, don't worry bout it though, if you are not ready maybe we can do a run down Bluff road and back or something. If fz6nick goes along maybe we can ride to the ferry, Krid and I can cross back into missouri there and you and fz6nick can ride back up bluff road. If you know some nice arch picture spots in that keeps us out of the city you can let us know. I remember you could see the arch from the apple orchard in millstadt. We could also ride there before going down Bluff Rd. Doesn't mater to me, just throwing ideas.

Actually, half my family calls me Beth, unless I am in trouble, then it's Elizabeth. (Like when I told my mom I bought a motorcycle! Even at me 46, her 74, she still scolds me!) I would be OK going on the highway, Nick and I did about 15 miles of I-255 last Sunday. Unfortunately, he is going to be in Joliet for a race day, so he is out. Riding on the highway with you guys would be great practice for me, so that would be fine. (I am most nervous when riding alone.) I like the idea of the arch in the distance, too, and didn't realize that you could see it from Millstadt. That would be a pretty pic.

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Dirk,

How does this sound, we ride to the ferry in Prairie/Modoc and cross into St. Gen. Then from there ride back up north on some secondary roads. I had mentioned to Beth about meeting her in Columbia (red roof gas station) here at around 1pm ...

Meeting Spot - Google Maps

Let me know if this sounds good or you want to change anything, don't care where we end up riding as long as we are riding. Though I hope there are more ~~~~~ than --------- :D

Last edited:

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
posting from my phone so I have to be brief. meeting in columbia at one works good for me. What about running up rte 3 to the arch then crossing the PSB to hit 55S to south county then 61 to Ste Gen, cross at the ferry then bluff road back to columbia?

Lizzy? Whatcha think?

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey beth,

If this is good with you we are set, guess we will still meet up at the red roof gas station at 1pm and go from there to the arch. Take some pics for the bag handoff and then go do our ride to the ferry? You good with that?

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey beth,

If this is good with you we are set, guess we will still meet up at the red roof gas station at 1pm and go from there to the arch. Take some pics for the bag handoff and then go do our ride to the ferry? You good with that?

YEP, I am good with that! I think we can stay on the IL-side and get some good arch pics, whilst avoiding the downtown madness (due to the All-Star events). I will see you at the Red Roof station at 1pm. Looking forward to meeting you guys, and being a part of the Pony Express hand off! :cheer:

Status
Not open for further replies.