The Dragon is slayed! :D (Short Video added)

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: The Dragon is slayed! :D

When I thought I was passing Killboy, it was actually ZeeFoto! Glad I decided to look there because I didn't think they were at the Dragon that day. I'm waiting for my friend to get here so he can negotiate a better package deal for the photos.

Wifey is bummed because they only got two shots of her leaving the corner. I hope Killboy has something better for her photos!!!

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Well, here's one short video. The vibrations kept cutting the Handycam out so I could get a whole run on the disc.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8fFpPl6NZM]YouTube - '08 FZ6 at the Dragon[/ame]

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site

Thanks for posting. What roads did you get on down to GA? Just 28 and what rode did you bring back up?

Planning out some routes to get down that way. Looking for some advice on that.

Thanks!

-bryan

gearheadstu

Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you enjoyed the trip.

Now that you've completed the introductory course, you should try stepping up to the really fun bits of the southern Appalachians.

There are a lot of roads in NE North Carolina, SW Virginia, SE Kentucky that are a lot better than the usual SWern NC spots. Of course, the good stuff doesn't have its own t-shirt line.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here is one more video... This was after a couple runs and we left Beginner's End to the actual end of the Dragon. We were REALLY wiped at this point. My buddy Joe is in front of me on his SV650.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCBWugolUYY]YouTube - 08 FZ6 at the Tail of the Dragon[/ame]

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Thanks for posting. What roads did you get on down to GA? Just 28 and what rode did you bring back up?

Planning out some routes to get down that way. Looking for some advice on that.

Thanks!

-bryan

We took 64 out of Franklin to Highlands and then 106 from there to Dillard, GA. We didn't hit a lot of GA, only long enough to pick up 23 North back to Franklin where you then pick up 28 North. 28 North out of Franklin is incredible! I enjoyed that almost as much as the Dragon!

Basically, any road that has "Gap" tacked on to it is a good motorcycle road.

We did Cherohala, the Dragon, Indian Foothills Parkway, 28, Wahah Road (1310) another super twisty but watch out for loose stuff in the road! We did Cades Cove and 441 also. There's hardly a straight road here at all. :D

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you enjoyed the trip.

Now that you've completed the introductory course, you should try stepping up to the really fun bits of the southern Appalachians.

There are a lot of roads in NE North Carolina, SW Virginia, SE Kentucky that are a lot better than the usual SWern NC spots. Of course, the good stuff doesn't have its own t-shirt line.

If you don't mind, can you point them out? Do you have a Garmin GPS? Perhaps route some of them for us... If not, you can route them in Google Maps and post a link? Thanks!