The AUSSIE ONLY - OIL Thread

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Doesn't look like anyone is using the Yamalube semi or full synthetic.
although there are still a few people to post on this from down under.

to the Pommy asking about our conditions.
Come out here in October and ride from Adelaide to Woomera.
Rumps

I'm going to throw a spanner in the works by suggesting that Motul supply Yamalube.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm going to throw a spanner in the works by suggesting that Motul supply Yamalube.

That they might...but Yamalube aint anything like Motul 7100...Proof is in the dumping of the oil!

In Fact, considering that Motul sponsor the Yamaha GP team....it sorta makes sense for this to be the case, that Motul would supply Yamaha...

:thumbup:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That they might...but Yamalube aint anything like Motul 7100...Proof is in the dumping of the oil!

In Fact, considering that Motul sponsor the Yamaha GP team....it sorta makes sense for this to be the case, that Motul would supply Yamaha...

:thumbup:

I agree with Jamie , I dont use Yamalube but to my knowledge it is sexy red like my Motul 7100 :D

Azz

Angry Hornet
Elite Member
Reaction score
4zzdawg.com
Have always used Motul 5100 in the dirt bike and the road bikes (including the FZ), but I've heard good things about 7100 so I'm going to give it a shot soon.

I've only ever done the oil on my FZ once at 7,500. I've been getting slack and it's now just clicked over 14,000, so I'm going to treat her with some 7100 and a filter in the next couple of days.

Will let you all know how it goes :D

ozrider

Reaction score
Visit site
My turn, for what its worth,
Motul 5100 10W40 semi synthetic,
Its in my 1996 V Max, I used to use a full mineral but as soon as I changed it the gear change was heaps smoother, I change it every 4000 K's and after the first service I put it in the wifes 2009 FZ6, its only done 2000 k's

Cheers

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My turn, for what its worth,
Motul 5100 10W40 semi synthetic,
Its in my 1996 V Max, I used to use a full mineral but as soon as I changed it the gear change was heaps smoother, I change it every 4000 K's and after the first service I put it in the wifes 2009 FZ6, its only done 2000 k's

Cheers

That's one thing motul is great for....much smoother gear changes!!!

wogstyler

WOGSTYLER
Reaction score
Visit site
I service myself
Have always used Shell Advance Ultra 4T Full Synthetic 10w-40 and $80 for 4 ltrs, I use it in both my FZ6 and WR450F, I change oil and filter every 5000km on Fz6 and every 500km on WR450F, FZ does a bit of cruising, some long ride and am under it a fair bit and WR get ridin like I stole it :rockon: I dont plan on selling bikes, just do upgrades to these ones :D Both bikes are pretty quiet, just the usual noises. FZ gears are a little clunky but not as bad as my mates R6 lol.
And the oil is darker than new wen I change it but its not black.