:steve:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
More importantly I don't have to listen to Peter de Villiers any more.

He's hated around the world. Is he popular in South Africa?

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Argentina have played really well so far, an amazing breakdown to force a try.
God help us when they join the Tri nations. They will improve no end.
The Kiwis haven't quite got the white wash we were expecting.
Weepu kept the Kiwis in the game in the first 40 minutes.

Nelly

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I picked the kiwis by at least 30 points.

The scoreline is a little kind to the All Blacks.

Not a convincing win. 33 - 10

Wales and Australia could have easily beaten them today.

Ok, official.

Wales V France

Australia V New Zealand

Bring on next weekend.

Northern hemisphere V Southern hemisphere.

I love this game

:blowkiss:

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Kazza,
I don't know who you have commentating over there but on the BBC we have got Alfie.
You should have seen him yesterday pitch side congratulating the players.
It was just like he was still captain. The pride and joy in his actions was brilliant.
He was like a massive exited puppy.

Nelly

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We get the NZ feed, so Grant Fox, Ian Smith etc.

I still can't believe how well our boys are going AND they are so fit. They keep going for the full 80 minutes.

It's a happy house here this weekend :D

I may be jumping the gun but a Wales V Australia final, Karen V Mike - that would be awesome LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Gareth would be proud of his boys :)

Also, the great Neil Jenkins is our water boy - he kicked a goal from about 65m once - never forget that one

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Jenkins is one of my fav players. The first player to reach 1000 test points.

Sent from my HTC Desire S

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I shouldn't bet either.

My teams usually choke.

I'll just hope for the best :D

But England and South Africa are out :D

Sorry to my English and South African friends. I'm just a LITTLE excited

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
LIMITING THE POWER OF THE WHISTLE

There are no doubt a lot of Australian rugby supporters celebrating our victory over the Springboks yesterday. There are also a number of us that are wondering how on earth we managed to pull it off against a side that dominated possession and territory and lineouts. Now, I don’t want to take anything away from the Australian victory – our boys did perform superbly but on the day the Springboks were, we have to admit, the better side. The boks, as always were magnanimous in defeat with a somewhat pragmatic approach to the result. I wonder what our boys would have said faced with the same situation of blatant incompetence by Mr Bryce Lawrence.

I support Australia and always will but for those of us that believe in fair play this was a hollow victory. This was very much like fighting a worthy opponent with one arm strapped behind his back – it leaves a bad taste. There were rumours about Mr Lawrence’s impartiality before kick-off from a lot of ex pat South Africans now living in Australia but we tend to dismiss these conspiracy theories with a grin. Certainly, Mr Lawrence’s performance on the field did nothing to dispel those theories. His performance was nothing short of abysmal. He did not award the bok try because of a dubious forward pass. I have looked and looked and to me, anyway, it did not look forward. Minutes later when the boks once again breached our defences and were well on the way to scoring another try, he called them back for a forward pass. If the first call was contentious, there certainly was nothing wrong with the second one. Here, I must ask – why not use the “eye in the sky”? An impressive expensive piece of equipment that should be used for such decisions.

He failed to penalise Po**** for slowing the ball down. If we had played like that against the All Blacks, they would not have been so quiet about it. – and rightly so. In the dying minutes of the game he was in full view of at least 2 high tackles by our boys that went unpunished. Any of these transgressions, if properly acted on, would have surely given the game to the Boks with their advantage over territory. To rub salt in the South African wounds, he awarded a high tackle to the Wallabies for a chest high tackle.

We won, but did we really? Our sport has always been regarded as a “hooligans game played by gentlemen” – If we do not want rugby union to degenerate into a farce that soccer can become we need to make sure that our refs are of suitable calibre. They need to be trustworthy gentlemen.

Mr Lawrence, I would advise against any planned holidays to South Africa for a couple of years.

Chris Davis

The Australian

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
"NO REMARKS COLUMN ON THE TROPHY". Now, who said that?........

Andz, tell us what the South African press are saying. Even your coach has quit now. You need to defend well and score tries to win. Australia did this time. One thing though - that referee was 5h1t. You can't blame the referee totally, but he had a lot to answer for.

I vote Craig Joubert (?) for the final. So far he seems to be a ref who lets the game flow but picks up the majority of errors.

There's no "should have won" category on any trophy......

Australia won. They've had a messy campaign and many are surprised they are, even the Australians. If they beat NZ - it would be a miracle, but not impossible. If they lose they will have to deal with it.

As for me, I'm still backing my Welsh boys. They have a big game on Saturday. For France, most believe they play a great game every 4 years. Hopefully that was last Saturday and WAS NOT the start of a winning streak for them.

NZ played pretty awful rugby last Sunday, but I believe they will come back fighting.

My pick for the final

WALES V NEW ZEALAND

Then I'll be really worried ......

Last edited:

Tiger Eyes

Reaction score
Visit site
To all the Aussies - yes I am an all black fan being born in the Canterbury region of NZ - same place the Australian coach comes from actually. Here it is the AB's got it wrong with Henry and I think the grit in the Wallaby line up against SA showed what it means to have the best coach and absolutely the best defensive coach in the game. Dean's is a cracker of a coach and I am passionately desiring a win for the AB's but fear that its Australia that will hold up Bill.

my two cents

haha

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
"NO REMARKS COLUMN ON THE TROPHY". Now, who said that?........

Andz, tell us what the South African press are saying. Even your coach has quit now.

Yeah, I said that.

I didn't quote the SA press because that would have been seen as biased. This was the Australian press. The British press are saying similar things and so are the SA press.

If Australia play against the All Blacks like they played us they will be slaughtered. I don't expect the average Aussie to admit that the Boks played better rugby on Sunday but most unbiased spectators would have said so. Dubious refereeing cost us points, it's that simple.

Personally I hope Wales win the cup. On the personal dislike charts of the final four, they are at the bottom.

And the reports that Div has quit are false.

Last edited:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
To all the Aussies - yes I am an all black fan being born in the Canterbury region of NZ - same place the Australian coach comes from actually. Here it is the AB's got it wrong with Henry and I think the grit in the Wallaby line up against SA showed what it means to have the best coach and absolutely the best defensive coach in the game. Dean's is a cracker of a coach and I am passionately desiring a win for the AB's but fear that its Australia that will hold up Bill.

my two cents

haha

True Bro :BLAA:......

Whats with all these injuries :eek: man we just keep getting kicked from pillar to post but somehow we dig deep enough to nut out a win..... Maybe , just maybe Bill will be ours :thumbup: