Thanks bd43!

08-FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I installed bd43's wiring harness today for the dual low beam mod and it worked out perfect. His wiring was professional quality and I couldn't be happier with the outcome. The only bad thing was that I snapped one of the bolts to the battery box (my fault). I think it is time to buy a torque wrench. Anyway, if anyone has been thinking about doing this mod, I 100% reccomend buying the wiring harness from bd43. Thanks again, you do great work.

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks! Glad it worked out for you. Sucks about the bolt, a torque wrench is a good idea if a person isn't used to tightening bolts. I sometimes catch myself missing the click in the wrench and going a little overboard but know when to stop. A torque wrench is a great tool but in the inexperienced hands can still mess up a bolt or two.

Cheers and safe riding! :rockon:

chemicalsmile

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got mine as well. Bike is in the shop for a another week or two but the quality looks top notch and the printed instructions will help I'm sure. Thanks BD!!!

manas12

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on the mod. Added visibility and you also don't get asked the same question over and over again, "Hey, is one of your headlight bulbs out?"
Also, the harness looks OEM quality :thumbup:

Bates121

B l a c k L e a d e r
Reaction score
Visit site
Agreed i did this mod a couple of months ago Fast shipping Quality work and very easy to understand directions. BD43 your an asset to the FZ world. Thanks again man:thumbup:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for posting this!
I didn't realize Daryl still made these, but I just ordered the harness from him! :D

I was taking ERC and I had a MSF instructor tell me that one of my lights was out!!

Nekros

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok Bd43, the next step is to contact Yamaha and start supplying your cable to them in bulk for factory installation. After you secure the contract turn your basement into a light cable harness factory and pump them out by the truck load. Obviously they had an oversight in the wiring harness department that has been going on for several years.

Necessity! It's the mother of invention.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice! And if you're gonna want to expand the business...

071128_ducb.jpg