TechSpec Tank Grips

ROACH1111

Reaction score
Visit site
Last week I ordered these: Motorcycle Tank Grips from TechSpec-USA - Yamaha Gripster Sport and they came in yesterday. They look great out of the packaging; the only problem is that they sent the Tank Pro 1 tank pad instead of the Pro 2. I sent an e-mail to customer support and they're sending out the right pad for free ( I don't even have to send the wrong one back!). I'll post up some pics when I get the new pad.

I'd like to get the clear stuff to stick on there. I did put the Pro pad on the back of the tank though for fear of snaps , zippers and buckles....

Thatguyx and I had a post all about Tech Spec here:

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/2766-techspec-tank-grips.html

DSCF3854.JPG

The material is a little 'thick', but in a good way. I had concerns about it's thickness myself, but was pleasently surprised that it wasn't too thick and is very functional. I would estimate it's thickness to be about 5mm thick.

When I bought mine, I had to buy a generic sheet and make my own, but I think they now sell pre-cut ones for the FZ6.

Last edited:
Just a question.... Is the tank on an 04-06 the same as the later model?

I see they do them for 04-08?

i think i would like the ice grip (clear) or the rough one, looks less thick and more durable.

what is the difference between pro1 and pro2?

The pro 1 is shorter and fatter and doesn't really flow with the shape of the tank. The Pro 2 is longer and gives a larger coverage area for protection against zippers, buckles, etc...

Back