tcmalker's first accident Part III

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The main thing is you're okay! The other thing is the driver seemed genuinely concerned for you and hopefully both of you are now more seasoned vehicle operators.
Hope you heal up quick! :rockon:

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
sounds like you're basically ok and your bike looks to be alright. and the driver seems like a good guy from that clip. i guess i would if i lived there... but riding a bike, at night, in the city... dang.

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
i really want to see part I... wondering if there is something that changes the entire story.

macem29

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
the other driver left the scene, though he didn't go far, and his brother
that showed up later said he was scared you would call the cops,
as far as his driving goes, I didn't see why he would want to avoid
the police, so I'm guessing that maybe he was intoxicated or driving
without a license or something, something like that would make it his fault

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
"I didn't see you, i didn't see you". Where else would you be looking when waiting to turn right? Not to your left to check for traffic apparently. :rolleyes:

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
i mean, i still see it as your fault...

As far as i know, it is illegal to enter an intersection unless it is clear to exit (excepting special circumstances... maybe to be seen in video I)... So you both were in the wrong then.

I don't know that it is legal to turn while a pedestrian is in the roadway, and when you both began to execute the turn, there were pedestrians in the roadway.

BUT... though that is true, you pulled in front of this guy. He didn't see you because he *legally* shouldn't have had to.

Having said that, and legal aside - you got binned, and it sucks... hope you're on the mend, and that you and the cager sorted something out at least. I like how the drivers brother shows up, before he could bother walking over to see if you were ok...

So maybe, just maybe, you could get him because he 'hit and ran' regardless of the fact that he decided to come clean about it

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
never thought of that but you're right, turning left the single low beam is not
visible to drivers to the right, bad deal!

This is a good point and I have to ask because I noticed the same thing. What happened to the tcmalker headlight mod? Did that right side low beam fail or did you switch it back to OEM?

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
This is a good point and I have to ask because I noticed the same thing. What happened to the tcmalker headlight mod? Did that right side low beam fail or did you switch it back to OEM?

This was tcmalker's first accident...this happened 8 months ago, before tcmalker's headlight mod or leo vince.

Sith Lord

Reaction score
Visit site

So what's Part I? Your dad on his Vespa in the 1950's?

I was also going to give a smart ar$e comment about your headlight being out, but seriously, what did happen to it? And I never did think of it being not visible from certain angles, but a very good point.

Glad you got up. Not too many cars stopped to see if your ok:eek::confused:

cormu

Reaction score
Visit site
is it just me but does the car driver sound stoned to u ? , could be just adrenaline also :)

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
I hate those damn pedestrians. They weren't supposed to be walking, me and the car in front of me had the turn arrow. They're supposed to follow the rule of the road too!

I always wondered why the driver didn't stick around. Maybe he wasn't the actual driver, but he made a switcheroo with his drunken wife.
I'm working on Part I. It took George Lucas 22 years, so give me a little time.

Last edited by a moderator:

macem29

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
I hate those damn pedestrians. They weren't supposed to be walking, me and the car in front of me had the turn arrow. They're supposed to follow the rule of the road too!

I always wondered why the driver didn't stick around. Maybe he wasn't the actual driver, but he made a switcheroo with his drunken wife. I'm working on Part I. It took George Lucas 22 years, so give me a little time.

that explains a lot, the turn arrow, and why you were both it seemed shooting a gap in the walkers and the gap proved too small

did you reveal earlier the final outcome of this? or is that Part I

Last edited by a moderator:

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
It's funny... the other day was 'bash on TC day', but now i think we're all on the edge of our seat - even the admins who have been too polite to drop a thought on this thread.

We all love the taste of blood, and a good rant, so it's going to be about you or about the cager... we need SOMETHING to rant about...

Please, feed us?

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
City traffic at night on a bike is bad idea. Pedestrians in Chicago think they have the right of way all the time! If the intersection is remotely clear, they walk across the street. I'm surprised more don't get hit.

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com
that explains a lot, the turn arrow, and why you were both it seemed shooting a gap in the walkers and the gap proved too small

did you reveal earlier the final outcome of this? or is that Part I

The turn arrow was ended. Rider is at fault -

He should not have started his turn until all pedestrians were clear, and he tried to shoot the gap between the suv and the peds, which was a stupid decision on his part, period.

The Highway Traffic Act states "No driver or operator of a vehicle in an intersection shall turn left across the path of a vehicle approaching from the opposite direction UNLESS, he/she has afforded a reasonable opportunity to the driver/operator of the approaching vehicle to avoid a collision."

The onus is on you, the driver or operator wishing to turn left, to have due regard for any approaching traffic and pedestrians crossing the roadway, and to ensure that your vehicle does not collide with any other vehicles, or endanger the lives of any pedestrians.

Left turning traffic must give way to opposing "right turning" traffic, i.e., traffic turning into a driver's path (unless there are multiple lanes to turn into).

On roads with multiple lanes, turning traffic is generally expected to move to the lane closest to the direction they wish to turn. For example, traffic intending to turn right will usually move to the rightmost lane before the intersection. It looks to me like you did not even turn into your correct lane, but tried to skirt around the back of the pedestrians in front of the SUV, and the SUV had the right of way.