Tax returns - mods

JayJay

Reaction score
www.maverickrenegades.com
I will actually get some cash this year and with the help of wolf will have some much needed cash spent on my stead. I have now had her for over a year and done 27k riding nearly everyday.

First up is the headers....forever getting painted is pure road grit and never having the dedication to clean them all the time they will be ceramic coated.

Now aparently they do them in black and silver. Wolf got a set done in silver on one of his awhile back and they looked sweet. I plan to get them done in black.

Hand-guards will be painted and fitted to prevent further frostbite of my fingers. Now some may call me soft but seriously sometimes i am riding to work and its -4 degrees Celsius. Reserve your judgement until you ride in those conditions.

Mirrors will be changed. I have looked around and unfortunately the tax man wont cover rizomas so...

YAMAHA Mirror XJR1300 TDM 900 MT-01 MT-03 FZ1 Fazer FZ6 - eBay, Bike Parts, Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 29-Jul-10 15:36:58 AEST)

I am hoping these will do the job or replacing the Mickey mouse stock ones.

Will post up some before and after pics for you all to enjoy in a week or two.

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Now some may call me soft but seriously sometimes i am riding to work and its -4 degrees Celsius. Reserve your judgement until you ride in those conditions.

I feel your pain.I work at Mt Lofty and start work at 6:30am.I know cold ,lol

Unfortunately I think I will get a tax bill,so no mods for me this tax time :(

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I will actually get some cash this year and with the help of wolf will have some much needed cash spent on my stead. I have now had her for over a year and done 27k riding nearly everyday.

First up is the headers....forever getting painted is pure road grit and never having the dedication to clean them all the time they will be ceramic coated.

Now aparently they do them in black and silver. Wolf got a set done in silver on one of his awhile back and they looked sweet. I plan to get them done in black.

Hand-guards will be painted and fitted to prevent further frostbite of my fingers. Now some may call me soft but seriously sometimes i am riding to work and its -4 degrees Celsius. Reserve your judgement until you ride in those conditions.

Mirrors will be changed. I have looked around and unfortunately the tax man wont cover rizomas so...

YAMAHA Mirror XJR1300 TDM 900 MT-01 MT-03 FZ1 Fazer FZ6 - eBay, Bike Parts, Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 29-Jul-10 15:36:58 AEST)

I am hoping these will do the job or replacing the Mickey mouse stock ones.

Will post up some before and after pics for you all to enjoy in a week or two.

See ya tomorrow, when we are pulling your headers off that well ridden bike of yours....am guessing there will be a few other things to fix...you everyday riders are notorious for having "dirty" bikes! :eek:

Dont be offended, if i give you a hard time...cause it probably means that after i look at it long enough, i will have to clean it for you....

:D

JayJay

Reaction score
See ya tomorrow, when we are pulling your headers off that well ridden bike of yours....am guessing there will be a few other things to fix...you everyday riders are notorious for having "dirty" bikes! :eek:

Dont be offended, if i give you a hard time...cause it probably means that after i look at it long enough, i will have to clean it for you....

It gets washed every Sunday afternoon so don't be surprised its dirty. I will call you after when i finish work.

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
My tax refund came through today, its already aside for the trip to Vietnam after Christmas however!
Hand guards or handlebar warmers certainly seems a good idea for the winter commuting, it gets damn cold, especially at speed.

Be interested to see how your headers go, I want to get that done too!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

It gets washed every Sunday afternoon so don't be surprised its dirty. I will call you after when i finish work.

What rubbish :Flip:

Well, Jay, i think your definition of clean, and mine are a little different, there is now a grey patch on my pavers, right where your bike sat when we were cleaning it....ever heard of a thing called degreaser!!!!!...i thought i had walked into the disaster in the Gulf of New Mexico, when i saw it in the cold harsh morning light of 11.30am today!!!!

Lol, i prettied it up a bit more today....gave the tank a polish!!!! looks like "a new loo" now!!!! :thumbup:

Oh, by the way, Jay, you also have new levers now.... :rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My tax refund came through today, its already aside for the trip to Vietnam after Christmas however!
Hand guards or handlebar warmers certainly seems a good idea for the winter commuting, it gets damn cold, especially at speed.

Be interested to see how your headers go, I want to get that done too!

Mate, just do it! $150, and you will neve have to scrub the buggers clean again....even the most hardcore downfall of cats & dogs....a quick rub with a damp cloth, and they are clean & shiny!! Cant recommend this mod enough!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Certainly sounds good since they are in such terrible condition now (stained).
How long did it take to get yours done?

I finally got my radiator mini fairings thingys today, so I gotta organise to get them painted and I'm thinking maybe the rear pods at the same time both in white to tie in with the tank.
I could go for black to match the engine, and either way will probably do the mesh for the openings in red, but if I take the rear pods off it means no riding till its done which is no good :(

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Certainly sounds good since they are in such terrible condition now (stained).
How long did it take to get yours done?

I finally got my radiator mini fairings thingys today, so I gotta organise to get them painted and I'm thinking maybe the rear pods at the same time both in white to tie in with the tank.
I could go for black to match the engine, and either way will probably do the mesh for the openings in red, but if I take the rear pods off it means no riding till its done which is no good :(

3 days to get the pipes done....go white with the pods, and the radiator fairings...

JayJay

Reaction score
yes well as i said on the day. The council approved another 10000 residents less than a block away which results is dirt, dust, mud, tar, diesel, fertilizer and god knows what else being dropped on the road. Until recently it was all dirt as they removed the old asphalt.

Surgery went well too but quack reckons to play it safe and by feel as to jumping back on the bike.

Thanks for fitting the levers no new mirrors as yet...

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yes well as i said on the day. The council approved another 10000 residents less than a block away which results is dirt, dust, mud, tar, diesel, fertilizer and god knows what else being dropped on the road. Until recently it was all dirt as they removed the old asphalt.

Surgery went well too but quack reckons to play it safe and by feel as to jumping back on the bike.

Thanks for fitting the levers no new mirrors as yet...

Ok, your headers went in today...ETA....friday! Tonight, i am going to spend a couple of hours on the bikes....am thinking i might give your steed a bit of a detail....

Glad your surgery went well, now chill out for as long as needed, i am looking after your "baby" very well....

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
You'll be itching to get back in the saddle, but definately worth the wait to make sure your 100%.
Especially with someone taking such good care of your bike!

JayJay

Reaction score

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So after waiting a few days for my mirrors I get an email telling me the 7+ they had in stock disappeared and I can now either have a different set or a refund.

/Insert racist complaint

Now I am looking at these:

Mirror for YAMAHA FZ1 FZ6 FZ8 Fazer XJ XJR XTZ YBR Max: eBay Motors (item 270610152907 end time Aug-18-10 15:48:18 PDT)

Can I have your opinions? Part of me just wants a set of mirrors, the rest wants a refund and tell the guy to shove it.
At least they let you know.

Be nice, get your money back and start hunting again :thumbup:

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Yea, sucks, but at least they told you and didnt leave you waiting!
I'd probably get my money back, nothings worse than being forced to settle for second best.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So after waiting a few days for my mirrors I get an email telling me the 7+ they had in stock disappeared and I can now either have a different set or a refund.

/Insert racist complaint

Now I am looking at these:

Mirror for YAMAHA FZ1 FZ6 FZ8 Fazer XJ XJR XTZ YBR Max: eBay Motors (item 270610152907 end time Aug-18-10 15:48:18 PDT)

Can I have your opinions? Part of me just wants a set of mirrors, the rest wants a refund and tell the guy to shove it.

I know of a shop with a set of mirrors just like that here in Adelaide....abnout $40 from memory, will go check them out for you tomorrow.

:thumbup: