Tank Pad

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone! I am finally back and riding! Bike is back from the pushover repair and all is well again. I got a new tank put on the bike, and was wondering if it is worth getting a tank pad on it. The old tank did have some scuffing right where you touch the tank, but it was buffable. Will a tank pad help or are they pretty much a sticker??

My Joe Rocket Manta Tank bag rocks for this - one of the magnetic flap sticks out towards the end and covers where my belt would rub the tank...

Tank pad = thick sticker. It'll definitely help protect the tank from scratches, if that's all you're looking for.
Personally, I love tank bras. Much better grip on the tank and superior scratch protection.

Tank pad = thick sticker. It'll definitely help protect the tank from scratches, if that's all you're looking for.
Personally, I love tank bras. Much better grip on the tank and superior scratch protection.

Whats the difference between a tank pad and a tank bra I dont believe I have run across one or maybe did and didnt realise it

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Whats the difference between a tank pad and a tank bra I dont believe I have run across one or maybe did and didnt realise it

Tank pad, as we mentioned, is just a big thick sticker which covers the area where the zipper of your pants would hit the tank.

Compare that to the tank bra on my bike:

37027d1310902492-snapped-pic-way-englishtown-yesterday-tankfz.jpg

Ya I got a pad on mine and lookin at urs I have sceen the bras before just never paid that much attention

Look into TechSpec tank pads. I have the middle and the sides - they protect and give great grip - I never realized how much weight I put on my bars until I got them.

TechSpec "High Fusion" Tank Protector 2 and Gripster Grips:

Jury is still out on how these look. I like the extra grip they provide, especially with textile pants. You can see where they are worn a bit at the knee after ~1000 miles.

Welcome To The TechSpec Gripster Tank Protectors

Welcome To The TechSpec Gripster Tank Grips

--

More TechSpec at Boneman's sites:

Boneman's FZ6 Site - TechSpec Tank Grips

Boneman's VFR Site - TechSpec Tank Grips

--

I picked up a Targa cover like Erci has. Will swap out the TechSpec kit with it one of these days.

Targa Half-Tank Cover - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies everyone. As for my personal opinion, I love the look of the tank so a tank bra is not my style. Thinking I might try just a pad to prevent any bad rubbing where I sit on the tank. Anyone have some cool tank pad pictures other then the ones posted already??

Back