Tank Pad

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone! I am finally back and riding! Bike is back from the pushover repair and all is well again. I got a new tank put on the bike, and was wondering if it is worth getting a tank pad on it. The old tank did have some scuffing right where you touch the tank, but it was buffable. Will a tank pad help or are they pretty much a sticker??

C

CoolATIGuy

My Joe Rocket Manta Tank bag rocks for this - one of the magnetic flap sticks out towards the end and covers where my belt would rub the tank...

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Tank pad = thick sticker. It'll definitely help protect the tank from scratches, if that's all you're looking for.
Personally, I love tank bras. Much better grip on the tank and superior scratch protection.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Tank pad = thick sticker. It'll definitely help protect the tank from scratches, if that's all you're looking for.
Personally, I love tank bras. Much better grip on the tank and superior scratch protection.

Whats the difference between a tank pad and a tank bra I dont believe I have run across one or maybe did and didnt realise it

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Whats the difference between a tank pad and a tank bra I dont believe I have run across one or maybe did and didnt realise it

Tank pad, as we mentioned, is just a big thick sticker which covers the area where the zipper of your pants would hit the tank.

Compare that to the tank bra on my bike:

37027d1310902492-snapped-pic-way-englishtown-yesterday-tankfz.jpg

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Ya I got a pad on mine and lookin at urs I have sceen the bras before just never paid that much attention

chemicalsmile

Reaction score
Visit site
Look into TechSpec tank pads. I have the middle and the sides - they protect and give great grip - I never realized how much weight I put on my bars until I got them.

oaks

~~~~~
Reaction score
Visit site
TechSpec "High Fusion" Tank Protector 2 and Gripster Grips:

Jury is still out on how these look. I like the extra grip they provide, especially with textile pants. You can see where they are worn a bit at the knee after ~1000 miles.

Welcome To The TechSpec Gripster Tank Protectors

Welcome To The TechSpec Gripster Tank Grips

--

More TechSpec at Boneman's sites:

Boneman's FZ6 Site - TechSpec Tank Grips

Boneman's VFR Site - TechSpec Tank Grips

--

I picked up a Targa cover like Erci has. Will swap out the TechSpec kit with it one of these days.

Targa Half-Tank Cover - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

Last edited:

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the replies everyone. As for my personal opinion, I love the look of the tank so a tank bra is not my style. Thinking I might try just a pad to prevent any bad rubbing where I sit on the tank. Anyone have some cool tank pad pictures other then the ones posted already??