T.S. Or Corbin?

06fz6green

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm getting ready to order a saddle and would like some input. I'm 6'3" tall and weigh 190 pounds. My trips usually range from 150-300 miles and on a stock seat it feels like my but is on fire lol. I will probably take a couple weekend trips this year but nothing to extreme. Although i do move around on the seat some through twisties i don't think the t.s. would bother me to much. My main thing is that i don't want to be pushed into the tank. Which of these seats do you think would best fit my needs?

mmorales85

Reaction score
Visit site
I just received my T.S. last week and already put on 300 miles. 80 of that is the twisties.

To be honest, this is one of the comfortable seats I have ever sat on. I also move in my seat a lot as I prepare for fast and hard corner. It seems that the seat is cradles the booty so perfectly. Get the gel inserts if you do decide to get it, it is definitely worth it.

If you are a commuter like me, this upgrade is definitely worth the money. I commute from San Francisco to Sacramento area often and after 50 miles my booty is on fire. So an aftermarket seat is a must.

This reminds I need to start on my review soon.

06fz6green

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't commute i work out of my house. But looking at the pictures it looks like the t.s. moves you forward a couple inches. Has this bothered any of the taller riders? I just dont want to be jammed against the tank. As long as it doesnt push me forward except for when braking hard it would be fine. Thanks

sublime0713

Gun nut
Reaction score
Visit site
No experience with the TS but I own a Corbin and it was worth every penny. I am your body double (6'3" and about 200) and though firm, the seat is comfortable, even on long rides and I can move around easily for twisties. All and all, I definitely recommend. :thumbup:

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No experience with the TS but I own a Corbin and it was worth every penny. I am your body double (6'3" and about 200) and though firm, the seat is comfortable, even on long rides and I can move around easily for twisties. All and all, I definitely recommend. :thumbup:

+1...love the Corbin. I am 5'9", 210 lbs. Firm seat yet very supportive, no pressure points, leaps and bounds over the stock. Personally, I think its is much more sleek and adds to the lines of the bike better than the TS.

frt96

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi there,

I just put a corbin on my bike 2 weeks ago and I love it.

I commute 95+miles each way to and from work, and with the stock seat I was ready to get off after 75 miles or so. Now I drive straight to work and I still feel like I could go another hundred when I get there.

I have only put 800 miles or so on my seat so I know it's not broke in all the way. My only gripe is that it is a little slippery compared to the stock saddle.

I am 5'8 215

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
Crazy idea for me

Thinking out loud.....

- I have a 2004 FZ6 with the stock seat.

- I also have a used Corbin seat for a CBR600F4 that I never got around to selling.

I wonder if I could take both seats apart and graft the Corbin foam and cover onto the FZ6 seat. Hmmmm.

I suppose that I could just try selling the Corbin though.

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
Re: Crazy idea for me

Thinking out loud.....

- I have a 2004 FZ6 with the stock seat.

- I also have a used Corbin seat for a CBR600F4 that I never got around to selling.

I wonder if I could take both seats apart and graft the Corbin foam and cover onto the FZ6 seat. Hmmmm.

I suppose that I could just try selling the Corbin though.

Contact Corbin, and see if they would take the CBR seat as a 'trade in'..... maybe you can get them to offer a discount on an FZ6 specific version. Offer the OEM seat for a pan, and you might be in business. :D

06fz6green

Reaction score
Visit site
I still havent up my mind darn it. My buddy has a v-strom with a corbin and he loves it, but that seat seams a lot wider than an fz seat. Seems like both are very good seats. anyone have hot spots with the cobin or the ts. im going to try and order one before the end of the week, so i need to bemaking up mymind

goker

------------
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Where in VA are you? If you are in No VA and would like to see TS in person, you can take a look at mine.

06fz6green

Reaction score
Visit site
The harrisonburg area. I would say we could meet somewhere Saturday but i think i am going to work in the am.

Last edited:

Bosgarage57

Reaction score
Visit site
Well i took the dive and bought a TS Seat this morning. Got one of the last premade in a scific kind. Cost 267,72 Euro, $331.17 USD. Not bad I believe. I just really hope there are no problems with shipping or the item itself. I have a memorial day right next sunday. Hopefully have it by then :/

sjryser

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm saving up for a new seat as well...how about some pics with your new seats people...looks are a big decision in this because they are very close in comfort.

edit-I have sat on both..the TS is softer, but I have never ridden long distances on either

Mancolt

Reaction score
Visit site
If it were me, T.S. for sure. After seeing pictures of the different seats, T.S. just look unreal. I've heard good things about Corbin's, particularly comfort wise. But I LOVE the look of some of the T.S. seats. They really set a bike off! Just personal preference. I don't really mind the stock seat, but I haven't ridden longer than 3 hours. I would go with the look of a T.S. even if it didn't add much comfort wise, just because they look that damn good IMO.

I would just pray that nothing went wrong with the shipping after reading all the negative comments about their customer service.

cap'n

Reaction score
Visit site
...how about some pics with your new seats people...looks are a big decision in this because they are very close in comfort.

All I could find quickly...

And I like the looks of the corbin better, myself. Less "couch cushion." But it is firm. It's waaaay better than stock, but still, it surprised me how firm it was when I first got it (less than a month ago).

dscn3047.jpg

dscn3046u.jpg

dscn3510w.jpg

06fz6green

Reaction score
Visit site
I think im going to go with the t.s. It just seems like everyone thinks they are so comfortable and im scared i wont like the firmness of the Corbin. That being said do you think i should order the long version of the seat. Does anyone have any experience with the long and regular. If i am on my stock seat there is about one to two inches between my back and the ridge in the seat.

Last edited:

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm saving up for a new seat as well...how about some pics with your new seats people...looks are a big decision in this because they are very close in comfort.

edit-I have sat on both..the TS is softer, but I have never ridden long distances on either

here's mine....I bought it from Jman, so all descriptions are in his thread (a link to it is in my first post in this thread) :confused: