suspension

firsttimefz

Reaction score
Visit site
hey guys just another question here, did the cbr clipon mod, love it to death loooove the feel of the bike now, anyhoo, one of the sacrafices i have to deal with is how soft our suspension is. because i had to lower the forks in the triple i now sometimes bottom out when i go on to a driveway/curb. how do i make my front suspension more solid and i dont need a soft roady feel i dont like how much it dips down under breaking as it is.

W

wrightme43

searchy searchy or
Race Tech Inc. and spend money. Or find a wrecked r6 and spend money.

Have you done research on what raising the forks in the tree does to your bikes geometry? Have you lowered the rear as well?
If not how does that much front bias change when you do?

Lots and lots and lots of information is available on google. Lots of things people tell you to do are not good ideas though. Make sure its a reputable source. I could pull something out of my ass and tell you to do this or that. It might get you killed. Go to the experts.

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
I couldn't figure out what everyone was talking about with the FZ6 forks being too "soft" until I had to do an emergency stop last week. The front forks bottomed out with a resounding CLUNK an instant before I modulated the front brake to prevent a lockup.
Now I get it. I think I'll do the stronger fork spring and heavier oil mod that Hellgate told me I'd be doing sooner rather than later.:eek:
Listen to Sergeants....they know what they're talking about. :p

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I couldn't figure out what everyone was talking about with the FZ6 forks being too "soft" until I had to do an emergency stop last week. The front forks bottomed out with a resounding CLUNK an instant before I modulated the front brake to prevent a lockup.
Now I get it. I think I'll do the stronger fork spring and heavier oil mod that Hellgate told me I'd be doing sooner rather than later.:eek:
Listen to Sergeants....they know what they're talking about. :p

That's right! I WORK for a living, pussy officers...

Yeah our forks....well...suck. No adjustability what so every. Granted Yamaha has to build for an average rider, average weight, meet a price point, etc., I get it, but they are REALLY bad. RT springs and 15wt oil and you WILL be a happy camper.

Now move out and draw fire Soldier!

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
First time Fz, how much did you drop the front end? Does your rear wheel come off the ground under hard braking? I've dropped my front end about 10mm (currently) and I can't keep my rear wheel on the ground under the hardest of braking. EDIT - I have r6 brakes and forks.

martinharris136

martinharris136
Reaction score
Visit site
I will not say that the front end does not drop some but try to panic stop a ninja 500. That was my starter bike and in comparison the fz6 handles like a lotus compared to a suburban.